Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

I'd advise you to avoid it at the minute, the 18z was a stinker!

Posted

Just finished going through it there. Some of the those posters really make me laugh. Run by run frame by frame!! Definitely best to avoid. Not the normal setup for this time of year but going by how volatile the runs have been lately then its best just to wait for a solid trend rather that say things have gone t*ts up on one run! Yes it may not go in our favour or it may not but as it stands the PV is in tatters and plenty of blocking about so lets see what happens. Snow falling and lying, closing roads 2 nights ago followed by 2 nights of hard frost. That's hardly something to sniff at half way through November and 2 weeks out from Winter. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

I had -3.8 this morning on the weather station. Certainly a good couple of frosts.

Edited by gary1365

Posted

Indeed Mountain they have their own kind of beauty, the frost is still hanging around the footpaths in Dungannon and the Sperrins looking resplendent in white in the distance.  Nice calm but cold lat autumnal weather, who could complain, now must go to the model thread to cheer me up more........ 

Posted

serious cold day today! car therm was reading -5c in clogher valley this morn at half 9. never got above 2c all day. as good as anything seen all last winter. sl beaghs have full snowcover now for 4 days in a row. great start to the winter season!

• Like 4

Posted

Closest I came to an ice day yesterday since 2010, max'd at 1.4 degrees and was only in positive territory for about 3 hours, Glorious weather!

• Like 4

Posted

An excellent 12z runs this evening with wider spread snow potential in the 10-14 day timeframe.

If it doesnt happen, blame me, as I bought a snow shovel today!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
34 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

An excellent 12z runs this evening with wider spread snow potential in the 10-14 day timeframe.

If it doesnt happen, blame me, as I bought a snow shovel today!

Great runs this evening, hopefully there's a bit of consistency on the 18z and 00zs in the morning!

Just to back up your point re snow potential MS, here's the ens from the GFS 12z for Omagh. Liking the volume of snow symbols at the bottom. However, we all know these are to be taken with a full truck load of salt! 

graphe3_1000___-7.3_54.6_Omagh.gif

• Like 2

Posted

The model thread is bi polar central. You can tell whether the latest run is good or bad simply by who has posted.

There are no certanties in weather forecasting but i am still confident of some heavy snow through December at some point.

• Like 5

Posted

After a couple of days frost free its back again this morning, so much better than rain and wind.

On the model front the 3rd of December looks promising for a Northerly but there remains little consistency.

• Like 3

Posted
46 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

After a couple of days frost free its back again this morning, so much better than rain and wind.

On the model front the 3rd of December looks promising for a Northerly but there remains little consistency.

Indeed Mountain the period 3 - 5 of December keeps hinting for potential snow events, it's definitely a period of interest!  Beautiful morning lovely frost, the Sperrins are still white with snow, more frosty nights and dry days ahead, personally I can't complain love this kind of weather! 

• Like 2

Posted

Lol Boofer you go there before me. was about to post the top 2. Looking really good if we can go by the 06z but going by the ups and downs and massive changes run to run then we will have to wait a little longer to see the outcome. 

Edited by ronan
  • Like 3

Posted

The 6z GFS was quite simply

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt over doing it, but highlights that period around the 3rd December

• Like 3