Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
3 minutes ago, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

IMG_0053.PNG

They have head and shoulders for that mate. Joe Hart uses it and everything, it's good stuff apparently 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters
Just now, Backtrack said:

They have head and shoulders for that mate. Joe Hart uses it and everything, it's good stuff apparently 

Hahaha 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

We had a slight sleety shower here earlier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!
7 hours ago, Joe Bloggs said:

This isn't a surprise and has been forecasted.. the cold air is not due to dig in until about 3pm. 

It is a surprise to me. 850's were programmed to be around -5/6c from early hours and DP's 0/-1C

The "colder" air -7/8C 850's -2 DPP's was programmed from this afternoon.

I didn't see any output with DP's of +3C for today which is what we currently have in my location along with rain.

Personally I'd say it is a fair bit less cold than the models or forecasts would of have us believe but the embedded trough developed more than expected meaning more mixing.

Wind direction at Manchester airport is currently Southerly!

For some reason Euro4 not displaying correctly for me but here was last nights 18z, Dp's around freezing and 850's -6/-7 for 8AM this morning.

17011206_1118.gif17011206_1118.gif

Edited by Mucka

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Need it to stop for a bit to dry the floor a bot

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mucka said:

It is a surprise to me. 850's were programmed to be around -5/6c from early hours and DP's 0/-1C

The "colder" air -7/8C 850's -2 DPP's was programmed from this afternoon.

I didn't see any output with DP's of +3C for today which is what we currently have in my location along with rain.

Personally I'd say it is a fair bit less cold than the models or forecasts would of have us believe but the embedded trough developed more than expected meaning more mixing.

Wind direction at Manchester airport is currently Southerly!

For some reason Euro4 not displaying correctly for me but here was last nights 18z, Dp's around freezing and 850's -6/-7 for 8AM this morning.

17011206_1118.gif17011206_1118.gif

Surprise for me also as the cold air came in yesterday but without the lower thicknesses so whilst there was some convective showers around, it was fairly weak and dew points a bit too high. No doubt the front ended up a bit further North than forecast or than we would of liked really.

I suspect going from limited experience, any showers that do form will be ones that just pop up randomly in the Irish sea then head in an eastwards direction, this high cloud really does need to do one though, its been such a spoiler as I feared for convective weather.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Geordiesnow said:

Surprise for me also as the cold air came in yesterday but without the lower thicknesses so whilst there was some convective showers around, it was fairly weak and dew points a bit too high. No doubt the front ended up a bit further North than forecast or than we would of liked really.

I suspect going from limited experience, any showers that do form will be ones that just pop up randomly in the Irish sea then head in an eastwards direction, this high cloud really does need to do one though, its been such a spoiler as I feared for convective weather.

You can see the difference in Shower Activity over the NW England and that off Scotland in the clear air.

That front has really put the mockers on any real shower activity, had it not formed the north west would have had a very very snowy day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Still of the rain variety here

• Like 1