Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
11 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

Back on the 18z...don't think I would put money on wether it will be there in the morning 

C.S

Slight upgrade from yesterday's but still nowhere near the ice age charts showing the day before.

I'll stick to my thoughts and go for a much watered down version of the Armageddon shown a couple of days ago.

cold but not record breaking, maybe a bit of snow for favourable spots but not nationwide disruption.

all in all, standard UK winter fare but still better than mild muck although I am happy to have egg on my face and snow shovel in hand and admit I'd got it completely wrong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards-Winter-Storms-Raging Seas-Thunderstorms

:hi: Hi.Although only a member for a short time I have just exited the model thread for a rest.

Feeling in need of some medication.A lie down in a darkened room perhaps.

Hanging on to the knowledgeable ones words and the weather models swings.

Very impressed with many of the members in there, no need to mention any names but must work tirelessly for many hours trying to work things out.

Unable to move, taking in things, gaining a little understanding of things and the emotions in there as things move in all directions.

I am a coldie of that there is no doubt.:cold:

For a while I thought we were about to enter the Ice Age.Cobra meetings being held and the country grinding to a halt:diablo:

River Thames freezing, Lakes and Canals freezing just as they did in 1963, a Year I remember well.Icicles hanging from gutters 2 feet long and growing each day.:yahoo:

And if you shut your front door you were lucky if you did not get speared or a landslide of snow landed on your head.

Ice skating on lakes as the ice was feet deep.Drilled each day to check.

Remembering a few times in Blackpool building an igloo.one day.

One Sunday 2 pm snow started falling and did not stop for twelve hours,nothing much moved.Feet deep.:closedeyes:

People began to talk to each other a community bond such as happens at these times:friends:

Now I do not know whether I need a barbeque or a sledge in the next month or so but who does.

Maybe I should ask the Daily Express they are full of hot air.And have been for years.:rofl:

In the last week i have needed many emotions ranging from:yahoo: as the cold threatened, then a wall to release a little pressure:wallbash: Now relaxing in here for a while.

Winter has only started a short time ago, how are we going to cope till the end.

How do you feel, here in the North West.what will we be saying at Winters end.

Well how long I will be able to resist going back into the Model Thread is hard to say, perhaps an hour or so.

I do not want to mention the warming theme emerging and hope things turn round sharpish.

Which they probably will within a couple of hours hopefully.

Whatever you wish for I hope you receive so long as it is snow, off now for some liquid refreshment.

Have a great time tonight :drunk-emoji:

BlowingSand.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
5 hours ago, Blowingsand said:

:hi: Hi.Although only a member for a short time I have just exited the model thread for a rest.

Feeling in need of some medication.A lie down in a darkened room perhaps.

Hanging on to the knowledgeable ones words and the weather models swings.

Very impressed with many of the members in there, no need to mention any names but must work tirelessly for many hours trying to work things out.

Unable to move, taking in things, gaining a little understanding of things and the emotions in there as things move in all directions.

I am a coldie of that there is no doubt.:cold:

For a while I thought we were about to enter the Ice Age.Cobra meetings being held and the country grinding to a halt:diablo:

River Thames freezing, Lakes and Canals freezing just as they did in 1963, a Year I remember well.Icicles hanging from gutters 2 feet long and growing each day.:yahoo:

And if you shut your front door you were lucky if you did not get speared or a landslide of snow landed on your head.

Ice skating on lakes as the ice was feet deep.Drilled each day to check.

Remembering a few times in Blackpool building an igloo.one day.

One Sunday 2 pm snow started falling and did not stop for twelve hours,nothing much moved.Feet deep.:closedeyes:

People began to talk to each other a community bond such as happens at these times:friends:

Now I do not know whether I need a barbeque or a sledge in the next month or so but who does.

Maybe I should ask the Daily Express they are full of hot air.And have been for years.:rofl:

In the last week i have needed many emotions ranging from:yahoo: as the cold threatened, then a wall to release a little pressure:wallbash: Now relaxing in here for a while.

Winter has only started a short time ago, how are we going to cope till the end.

How do you feel, here in the North West.what will we be saying at Winters end.

Well how long I will be able to resist going back into the Model Thread is hard to say, perhaps an hour or so.

I do not want to mention the warming theme emerging and hope things turn round sharpish.

Which they probably will within a couple of hours hopefully.

Whatever you wish for I hope you receive so long as it is snow, off now for some liquid refreshment.

Have a great time tonight :drunk-emoji:

BlowingSand.

Good if but a daft post.

My sentiments exactly.

Visiting relatives over the Kirkstone tomorrow (deliberately going that way) and I am not holding my breath

Model Output Thread should come with a health warning but it's hard not to keep having a look.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

The cold spell for next weekend now off?:unknw::laugh: next thing we know it will be Feb, the clock is ticking. Would be nice to get a decent snow fall with the shorter days of January. And not March like this year! but hell I will still take it if that happens, snow is better than no snow!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Happy new year to all

C.S

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Happy New Year Everyone xx:drunk-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards-Winter-Storms-Raging Seas-Thunderstorms

Happy New Year Everyone.A New Year begins, can you believe it.

Looks like it is raining, a North, North Easterly blowing perhaps.A pretty cold direction.

Temperature in Blackpool about  6 degrees expected to drop a touch as the rain:rofl: moves through.

It could have been so different.

I wonder what it is doing where you are.

Ah well, off to the model thread.Have a nice day as they say.

I am gone.

• Like 1

Posted

The so-called northerly taking it's time to clear the murk and muck away from my location today, indeed it's just started to rain again.  Temps will drop later and skies should clear but it will only feel more like it should at this time of year rather than anything newsworthy wintry.  I'll try to temper my jealousy next week when places well south of the UK in eastern Europe get the bucket loads of snow.  At least we'll be relatively dry.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Happy New Year guys.

As for the outlook, in a word crap!

How many letdowns are we going to cope with this winter? All these northerlies and easterlies forecast are fast going up in smoke.

The search goes on.........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Meanwhile back to those cloudy damp south-westerlies from Wednesday that I hate so much,  while  down south they talk about amazing how sunny it's been. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.

Yesterday I went for a short 20 mile bike ride around Aughton, Ormskirk - and it was the type of weather that gives a British winter a bad name; mainly grey cloud, fairly mild and a strong breeze; pretty uninspiring fayre. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
26 minutes ago, HafrenLMP1 said:

Yesterday I went for a short 20 mile bike ride around Aughton, Ormskirk - and it was the type of weather that gives a British winter a bad name; mainly grey cloud, fairly mild and a strong breeze; pretty uninspiring fayre. 

Jesus, if 20 miles is a short bike ride, I'd hate to hear what you class as a long one!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

nmm_uk1-1-13-0.png?01-11lets see how accurate this is

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

there is some very light ppn falling, but it looks like rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
9 minutes ago, shadowfax said:

Radar shows snow in coming for me but nothing falling yet!

Enjoy it, I'm away for a new year lowland break so little chance of seeing anything here.

Posted
11 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Enjoy it, I'm away for a new year lowland break so little chance of seeing anything here.

All we got was some sleet but as it's very frost already it will be slippery tomorrow a few more showers headed our way now 

Posted
33 minutes ago, chicken soup said:

Amidst all the doom and gloom ...this would be rather nice for our region.

gfs-0-210.png

I'm sure that would be akin to a few snowy events we saw during Dec 2010 - However I expect it to be fully watered down by midweek to cold rain or mild sectors will start popping up on the day if the forecast holds out.

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Light frost with a light northerly breeze this morning. Currently 1.2C the coldest of the overnight/morning period. Tonight we will escape frost altogether here...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

We dropped to bang on -1.0C overnight. It's currently 0.9C at midday, very cold indeed! 

I've invested in a new weather station now, so I'm back! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

0.2°C Minimum. Back to the boring rubbish from tonight. 

Edited by Chris.R

Posted

Currently 4.3°C, I doubt I'll see anything lower than that now until the weekend; well maybe Wednesday night actually. 

Edited by Chris.R