Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Quite a defined clearance just passing over currently, with moderate rain in the late morning giving way to blue skies all within the space of 10 minutes this afternoon. 

Manchester TAF forecasting hail/thunder through the afternoon with snow possible later on tonight.

Edited by SNOW_JOKE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Pulses of heavy rain now cleared.. cold wind behind but not enough for snow.. very windy now so no frost or ice chance tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Rain stopping now. There was never going to be a frost chance anyway around here with an on-shore wind. . 

Posted
54 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Yes. This is a cold front as well I think,  carrying   the 528 DAM line with it. 

which was not originally forecast, it was meant to be a smooth clean airstream but the kinks in the isobars developed a CF hence instead of sunshine and showers, we got cloud and moderate rain.

Hoping this cloud and rain will clear by dark so I can see some nice towering shower clouds.

• Like 1

Posted

Yet more festering rain. Swear I live under a giant watering pipe at the minute. Nowhere near cold enough for the good stuff, just more rain.

So apparently fr!gging is a swear word now, lol. My self censoring is being censored, I'll just stick to mongooseing.

Edited by Deep Snow please

Posted

well the cold front has cleared here and we are in the more convective type clouds now, hopefully there will be some beefy showers to come and in particular hail showers, there was one here last night if albeit it was just small hail mixed in with the heavy rain.

Tomorrow should be a better day convectively, looks like a clean flow by then and with coolish air and low thicknesses should help to generate those showers clouds from the Irish sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

WRF tends to over do it but I like the look of this.

nmm_uk1-26-24-2.png?17-17

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

No snow is gonna fall here next few days. But I'm thinking of going to East Lancashire to snow hunt on Saturday. If I encountered some I will post some pictures on here.

Posted

There was a bit of sleet/hail mixed in with the last of the heavy showers which passed through a few hours ago.  Hopefully the air will get cooler now, although I'm not expecting any 'sticking' snow, at my level, but there should be a few flakes in the mix.  The higher parts of Oldham might fare better.  

Posted

Back edge of the front earlier was very sleety.....very cold in strong wind today.... maximum of 4c.... hoping for some snowflakes before i catch train to manchester tomorrow late morning.... then down to the balmy souf.....

Posted
21 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

There was a bit of sleet/hail mixed in with the last of the heavy showers which passed through a few hours ago.  Hopefully the air will get cooler now, although I'm not expecting any 'sticking' snow, at my level, but there should be a few flakes in the mix.  The higher parts of Oldham might fare better.  

#Moorside.....;)...Bloody,spacebar,not,working,arrrrrghhhhhhhh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

as usual in these set ups all the shower activity passes to my north over Manchester,expect the hills to get a covering though

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Plenty of showers throughout the day again and now these are starting to turn a bit more sleety.

I can't see us getting anything too heavy overnight but expect waking up to a covering up here which considering it' will be the second fall  of the season and we are still only in mid November isn't bad.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
3 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Plenty of showers throughout the day again and now these are starting to turn a bit more sleety.

I can't see us getting anything too heavy overnight but expect waking up to a covering up here which considering it' will be the second fall  of the season and we are still only in mid November isn't bad.

Show off LOL:D

Posted

Looking at the trajectory of the winds coming from a SW direction pushing the precip in a NE direction then I reckon the further north and east you are in the region & with height the better you will do with snow. As C.S says the far south of the region tend to miss out in these setups.

Edited by Frost HoIIow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Already down to 4.9°C, wasn't expecting it to drop this far so early. 

Posted

2 hail showers here this evening, last one was certainly quite heavy which left a light covering of hail on all surfaces, just hope we can get this type of weather tomorrow during daylight hours, looks promising.

Posted

Sleet n ice pellets..... quite loud..... 0c fire on...... looking at radar developed just west of here...

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted

Currently in Haworth where we've had rain showers most of the day. The last shower had sleety elements in it. However, most of the showers seem to be heading just to the north of here which is rather frustrating.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Dry evening here with the showers crossing the region further north and unless the wind veers to more of a westerly or WNW I think that will remain the case.

i'd imagine that more northern parts of Lancashire, certainly higher ground and especially the Yorkshire Dales should get a decent covering though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Have seen reports of snow in Northern Ireland with some roads closed.  Will this move our way at all ??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Just had a hail shower and it got sleet mixed in with it.

Posted
25 minutes ago, Miamay said:

Have seen reports of snow in Northern Ireland with some roads closed.  Will this move our way at all ??

Probably not as snow near the coast where rain or sleet will be more likely, but who knows stranger things have happened! looks like some eastern areas of the region will more likely get a covering of snow. Below is snow accumulation by 11am tomorrow.

1746_dud1.png

• Like 2