Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

2.1C but clouding over now? anyhow there's a frigid easterly wind that really is raw feeling, and condensation on cars has frozen, but not on all cars.. only white or light coloured ones it would seem.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
1 minute ago, SP1986 said:

2.1C but clouding over now? anyhow there's a frigid easterly wind that really is raw feeling, and condensation on cars has frozen, but not on all cars.. only white or light coloured ones it would seem.

Congratulations. You are colder than me at last.  2.8°C here. 

Posted

Another air frost, current temp -0.2 degrees. Lost count of the number we've had over the past 2-3 weeks, quite a run. The past 4 weeks have been excellent in the Lake District, the complete opposite to last year when we were ominously staring at an exceptional flooding event. We've had predominantly dry, sunny cold frosty calm weather, with sporadic outbreaks of mostly light rain, apart from the odd day here and there. We've had two snowfalls as well, indeed Friday 18 brought notable low level snowfall.

Alas, it had to come to an end sometime, one more day of cold dry sunny weather and its back to mild wet gunk thanks to the dreaded southwesterly. Thankfully there are signs it will be a shortlived such affair, perhaps a week or so tops, but to expect dry weather to continue through early December was always going to be a tall order. I can cope with a few wet very mild days, provided they come to an abrupt end quickly paving the way for something much more seasonal in the run up to christmas. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Just about to tick over to 0C. Not as cold as I expected. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Temp is stuck here and has been for hours. 1.7°C. It would've been nice to get a final air frost before  The breakdown. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

0.8C here but some frost around also. 

I notice stations in the east have plummeted in the last few hours. that would suggest the frigid continental air has reached there overnight... but not quite here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Nice sun rise and freezing this morning:

:cold:

IMG_0354 (1).JPG

IMG_0353 (1).JPG

Edited by pip22

Posted

2.2C here but stable despite clear skies. 

Mild air will soon infiltrate all layers and overturn this inversion.

Posted

3.1°C and rising slowly now. Minimum this morning was 1.7°C. Hasn't really been much of an inversion since early last week around here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

What a horrible day. Cool, murky and nothing happening 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
20 minutes ago, Backtrack said:

What a horrible day. Cool, murky and nothing happening 

horrid yes, we are miles away from snow, so might as well be 14°, not around 3° we have here, dosen't look any different so may as well be warm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

LOL one GEFS ENS has Liverpool under -13 uppers by the 23rd December 

The vast majority are around -7 uppers so it looks like a cold Frosty Christmas is

More a possibility than a white one lot better than the,current Temperature of

12c here.

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Currently 14.6C @ 13:00 so quite possible we'll make 15C. 

My energy meter is already showing the benefit, roll on another mild winter. :yahoo:

Posted

Wow this is incredible! Temp has shot up  within the last few hours and it is now 15.0°C. I am outside in shorts and a T-shirt and it feels nice. I might have a bbq later. 

Edited by Chris.R

Posted

17 degrees at Ness today and 16.6 at my station in Heswall.Like an early summer a day in the sunshine

• Like 2

Posted
31 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

17 degrees at Ness today and 16.6 at my station in Heswall.Like an early summer a day in the sunshine

Not as high here but still rising actually. Currently 15.2°C. Monday had a Max of just 4.2°C; what a rise. . 

Posted

Well in that area of Southwest Wirral stretching to Hawarden it will only a degree off the record. But that happens relatively frequently in Foehn winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

The bbc weather app put me down for cloudy weather for the foreseeable!! Yuk!! :bad:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

wheres the cold gone !!! A warm day today. Some showers this evening. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Miamay said:

wheres the cold gone !!! A warm day today. Some showers this evening. 

it's gone on holiday to America for a bit. I'm still pretty optimistic it will pay us a visit again around Christmas week though.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

A balmy 13.8c here on a winters night,no wonder I've got a banging headache

C.S 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A horrible day's weather in these parts, misty throughout with fog covering the  tops and when several hours of rain decided to move off elsewhere, it was quickly replaced by several more of damp and drizzle.

all in all, two days of pure winter yuk and even the supposed very mild temperatures felt disappointing given the lack of even a brief glimpse of sunshine.

where has the promised December cold gone.

Posted

The moon was visible before and it's colder than forecast now. Currently 7.8°C. The max today was 12.7°C in the early hours.

10 mm of rain fell today, the first significant rain for 15 days. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

God I hate mild in Dec. For me though, especially round here, Boxing Day through to mid March has always been our best shout for snow. So no frustration yet, let's hope some decent cold charts start showing from mid month or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Anyone know how to change profile name? I think Day 10 is far more apt than Minus 10! However as you can see Day 10 has appeared under my original name :cc_confused: