Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Part 2 of a glorious weekend, it's a shame the fresher weather will follow this evening, and no doubt being the north west and prone to whatever comes from the north west a few (cold) showers will slap you in the face early next week.  Hopefully they'll be few and far between.

...looking ahead; all winter I've not wanted the models to downgrade the holy grail of wintry setups they seem to throw out D+8/10 but now seeing what the GFS has in store for easter I'm in spring mode now so it can go and downgrade all it wants.

Sods law it will come true... but it wont' be fluffy flakes of snow... no it will be cold rain... it's always cold rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Reach 17.2°C earlier but as dropped back to 15 now as a sea breeze has developed or the wind has veered on-shore. That's it now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
3 hours ago, Chris.R said:

Reach 17.2°C earlier but as dropped back to 15 now as a sea breeze has developed or the wind has veered on-shore. That's it now. 

Clouded over here now as you say.Thats it for now.Just wonder when the next warm spell will appear,must say the prospect of colder with the possibility of snow on the hills does not float my boat,the joys of our climate.

C.S. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
8 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Clouded over here now as you say.Thats it for now.Just wonder when the next warm spell will appear,must say the prospect of colder with the possibility of snow on the hills does not float my boat,the joys of our climate.

C.S. 

Hanging on to the last bit of sun here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Sunshine now gone. Already feeling a lot cooler with a stiff breeze. Nice while it lasted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
8 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

C.S. 

Indeed,  wouldn't mind if we could get some convective setups from it but even then they are hardly ever fruitful Around here at this time of year.

Down to 12°C now. 

Posted

Hit a high of 22.4C here today. Lovely jubbly. Clouding over now and cooling down too. 17.9C at present.

Posted
Just now, CreweCold said:

Hit a high of 22.4C here today. Lovely jubbly. Clouding over now and cooling down too. 17.9C at present.

26c recorded in SE England just noticed Ben Nevis sumit is -2c with snow showers

What a climate our small island is.

C.S. 

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Temperature nosediving here. Really tumbling. 16C now

Same here my shorts and T shirt have been replaced with jogging bottoms and light weight top

C.S. 

Posted

After a lovely 2 days of mild temperature and sunny-skies the fun and sun is over here, back to dismal cloud and a cooler-wind in stark contrast to just 4 hours ago when I was sat up on the field enjoying a cheeky can of Carling and soaking up the rays. Its somewhat depressing that between now and the end of Easter we're stuck with northerly winds bringing temps all the way down to just 11'c daytime max.

Posted
16 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

After a lovely 2 days of mild temperature and sunny-skies the fun and sun is over here, back to dismal cloud and a cooler-wind in stark contrast to just 4 hours ago when I was sat up on the field enjoying a cheeky can of Carling and soaking up the rays. Its somewhat depressing that between now and the end of Easter we're stuck with northerly winds bringing temps all the way down to just 11'c daytime max.

A case of too much of a good thing too soon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Classic day of two halves.

morning and early afternoon, sunshine and temperatures of almost 22c, the warmest day of 2017 here.

then the cloud rolled in and the breeze got up and within an hour the temperatures had nosedived, it suddenly felt like winter again.

currently 9c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

This was Pickmere (Cheshire) on Saturday afternoon, air temp around 17C and water temp 13C (about right for time of the year).  Gloriously warm and sunny this afternoon (Sunday) with the breeze actually feeling warm as I cycled to Brookvale Recreation Centre (Runcorn) to do my Swimathon in tiles and chlorine.  However when I left the Centre four hours later it was cloudy and a very cold breeze. had got up.  According to my (sheltered) garden sensor I got a got a max of 24C but when I was out on my bike I'd say the true temp. was more like 21C.  Coming home the temp was 14C and falling quickly.   6-7C drop in 4 hours!

Did quite well in my Swimathon - was down for 2.5k.

P4080405.thumb.JPG.779ab2aa5d033150db75dbf73dc2e3dc.JPGP4080387.thumb.JPG.10e32b015b1f509d1073d2af1248a31b.JPGP4080408.thumb.JPG.76f72a995d07fb14a9933c3a91b26d8d.JPGP4090410.thumb.JPG.4ad1c81d45deb0c974c79faff382cfb8.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

After a damp start it's gradually turned into a really nice day again although it feels more seasonal than Saturday and yesterday morning  did.

currently 10c

Posted

After two glorious days of sunshine,I am currently sat on sofa with the fire on

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, cheshire snow said:

After two glorious days of sunshine,I am currently sat on sofa with the fire on

C.S

could be worse though, imagine if cheshire gap fires up, risk of wet days coming up

Posted

Lovely Moonrise here in the Peaks this evening, I wasn't even looking for it until discovering the ISS was passing over at the same time...The ISO was a little overexposed on the last pic but it's still not too bad given how bright the full-moon was at rising.

1369.thumb.jpg.26492ce5760fb77f50a2d52269d24804.jpg1370.thumb.JPG.0c5966c52239b150f1b1c4074e51957b.JPG

Posted

So where was this cloud and rain today? Another nice day with Sonny spells, 12.4°C max. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
10 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

So where was this cloud and rain today? Another nice day with Sonny spells, 12.4°C max. 

12.4° not great, sort of temp you'd expect Dec to Feb, I wanna be seeing 18° plus now

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

12.4° not great, sort of temp you'd expect Dec to Feb, I wanna be seeing 18° plus now

Yeah temp not great but nice that the sun was often out. 

Posted

Looks like a mixed weekends weather coming up with rain about today and on Sunday and no prizes for guessing where the lions share of the rain is likely to be.

oh to have last weekend's weather again.