Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.

Spent an hour fettling a few of my bikes after work - was lovely & sunny - and the odd wasp flying around.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
9 minutes ago, HafrenLMP1 said:

Spent an hour fettling a few of my bikes after work - was lovely & sunny - and the odd wasp flying around.....

Oh no don't say that; can't stand those things. Don't mind queen bees building hives this time of year but not wasps!

VTW max here was  14.9°C giveing a diurnal range of 13.2°C, impressive.  

Posted

More than TEN HOURS of sunshine in Buxton on Friday March 24th. And it is only March!! I think early Sunday morning the clocks 'spring' forward. Making Sunset in Manchester at a later time of 19:33.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

More than TEN HOURS of sunshine in Buxton on Friday March 24th. And it is only March!! I think early Sunday morning the clocks 'spring' forward. Making Sunset in Manchester at a later time of 19:33.

certainly expecting a chilly start tomorrow, miles chillier than a warm wet day in January, felt like that today here, colder than average January

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Frosty start but a lovely day coming up and hopefully the leaking conservatory will finally get sorted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

A high of 17.4c beautiful nothing else to add.

C.S. 

Posted

Making it to 16'c here in the Peaks this afternoon, with plenty of gorse-fires around locally which is a bit of a surprise given how wet it's been last week. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Not quite as good today, a sea-breeze or something. Seem to have lost that Continental feel. Max was 14.3°C.  Sunny all day again though.. 

Posted

Finally managed to get a few outdoor/exterior bits and pieces sorted with today's faultless weather.  Clear sunny skies for start to finish.  Warm in the sunshine.  Rinse and repeat for tomorrow to cap of a very decent weekend after last week's incessant cold rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
2 hours ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Making it to 16'c here in the Peaks this afternoon, with plenty of gorse-fires around locally which is a bit of a surprise given how wet it's been last week. 

Yes I witnessed those gorse fires as I was driving back from Sheffield at lunchtime. 

C.S. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

I know it's not an official reading but the temperature in the shade in my back garden was -2.8c last night and 20.1c this afternoon, that's a diurnal range of 22.9c ...pretty impressive.This afternoon felt like summer and it smells like summer outside this evening ...Love it:yahoo::drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, Spurry said:

I know it's not an official reading but the temperature in the shade in my back garden was -2.8c last night and 20.1c this afternoon, that's a diurnal range of 22.9c ...pretty impressive.This afternoon felt like summer and it smells like summer outside this evening ...Love it:yahoo::drinks:

Sure your sensor not in sun?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Sure your sensor not in sun?

No it's definitely in the shade facing north, it's not an official reading obviously  i realise but it gives some indication of the temp locally...my garden is the best thing about the house I love it , sun all day from Feb-Oct

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Another beautifulday here.  I'm outside now enjoying the fine, warm weather. I got a feeling it is in late teens here. Maybe 18C prob.

Posted

Already 14.4°C here which is warmer than yesterday although still have 0.5°C to go to beat the year record set on Friday. 

Posted

15.0°C now, the warmest day since...8th December! 

Posted

It's not often our region is one of the best placed and sheltered for copious amounts of warm sunshine, but along with parts of west/north wales and western scotland we've struck it lucky this weekend.  Naturally it won't last, with Tuesday onwards showing more mixed, unsettled spells.

Posted

Looks like that's the max now here, 16.4°C, respectable at most times of the year. Humidity still exceptionally low at 38%.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

3rd day of lovely weather in a row.

just a shame it's all going pear shaped after today but good while it lasted and hopefully the first decent spell of many to come during the long hot summer of 2017......sorry I got a bit of the daily express' just then.