Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 hour ago, Day 10 said:

At least it will be mild! :D

Problem is that even our mild isn't usually that mild.

cloudy damp 8c doesn't float my boat when other parts of the country may be looking at sunshine and temperatures in the mid teens but I must admit it will feel a damn site better than this time last week when some of the coldest feeling conditions I've known for a long while still weren't enough to bring settling snow at my altitude.

this winter really has been pants.......roll on Spring and hopefully a half decent  summer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

After a misty start I thought it was starting to brighten up but it looks like the grot is returning again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Well it actually rained  early this morning here for once. Very mild yesterday with a max of 12.2°C, only 10°C today. Too much Westerleigh component to the wind in The next few days so everywhere north of the M53 will largely miss out on the mid-teens further south. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

So sorry for you @iand61 :oops:

Posted
58 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

So sorry for you @iand61 :oops:

What the weather or the football:nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, iand61 said:

What the weather or the football:nonono:

The latter, but I suppose both. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

The latter, but I suppose both. 

Yes but at least that crap only lasted 90 minutes, the depressing weather just doesn't know when to sod off.

anyway all credit to Lincoln and the noisiest traveling fans I've heard on the Turf for a long time.

• Like 1

Posted

Quite a nice day here now actually. The sun came out before, and the temp maxed at 12.2°C again. 

• Like 1

Posted

Oh dear the detestable the southwesterly is back again bringing with it gloom and grey cloud cloaking and shrouding everything in a damp moist glaze. It is the worst synoptic for here, yes it brings mild conditions, but it hardly ever brings any brightness, Visibility exceptionally poor over lakeland today, it ruins a summer holiday and a photograph of the Lakeland Fells. I lament SW airstreams... 

• Like 2

Posted
9 hours ago, damianslaw said:

I lament SW airstreams... 

Yes brings the cloud to most parts of the North West but in the east of the region we can earn a few cloud breaks every now and again.  Probably be wall to wall gloom for the next two days at least.

At least it's not parking a stationary weather front over us for 36hrs and causing flooding misery.  Watched the Lake District program 'A Wild Year' last night.... great program...also highlighted the record breaking December 2015 flooding in Cumbria.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
16 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Oh dear the detestable the southwesterly is back again bringing with it gloom and grey cloud cloaking and shrouding everything in a damp moist glaze. It is the worst synoptic for here, yes it brings mild conditions, but it hardly ever brings any brightness, Visibility exceptionally poor over lakeland today, it ruins a summer holiday and a photograph of the Lakeland Fells. I lament SW airstreams... 

I prefer them to NW'lys, at least feels bit more decent, and drier, NW'lys are horrid, wet, windy and chilly unpleasant feel, all times of year

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
27 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Rain..... nothing else to say 

27 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Rain..... nothing else to say 

Temperature max of 13.6c did not feel that mild though with the Gusty wind and light rain.

C.S. 

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 23:21, damianslaw said:

Yes same here, i hate the clammy feel they bring at least PM airstreams bring alot more interesting weather, more brightness, better cloudscapes and pleasant fresh feel to the weather, thankfully SW'ly's become less likely the further into Spring you get. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather
On 18/02/2017 at 16:01, Chris.R said:

Quite a nice day here now actually. The sun came out before, and the temp maxed at 12.2°C again. 

We managed a lovely walk round Crosby Marina Saturday and it was fairly warm. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Drizzle and a warmish day. :D

Posted

As expected, temps were quite suppressed today due to the westerly wind, cloud and at times moderate  soaking drizzle. Max was 11.6°C, currently 9.9°C. 

Posted

Horrible winters day, nothing else to add.

Posted

I really cannot stand Diane. She illustrates exactly what is wrong with the British general public's approach to the weather! :wallbash:

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 2

Posted

A windy drizzle fest day today, any dry spells were fleeting and only there to lure you in a false sense of hope before more heavy horizontal drizzle came blasting at you again. Diane Ox just hinted possible snow on the backedge of Thursday's low mainly affecting the highest hills. It'll probably be cold rain for most of us, a bit of wet snow for the (not-so-lucky) few. Roll on spring.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

I really cannot stand Diane. She illustrates exactly what is wrong with the British general public's approach to the weather! :wallbash:

I didn't see it so can't comment on what she said tonight but usually she is just getting paid well to say what the vast majority in this country are thinking, that we don't want cold and snow, we want average seasonal conditions and extremes can do one.

unfortunately that goes against what most NW members are hoping for but like it or not, the default setting for UK weather is mediocre at best and by playing down the posibility of more extreme conditions, more often than not Di Oxberry calls it right.

• Like 1

Posted

Mmm might some of us see a surprise snowfall Thursday. BBC graphics are showing snow for here, yet temps of 7 degrees but cooling down to freezing overnight, could be one of those rain to snow events. Uppers look marginal, but with heavy precipitation we will see evaporative cooling, hey we had snow on 30 April last year under a similiar synoptic with a small low feature directly moving through the area.. The fells should get a good cover, pity it couldn't wait until Friday, and preserve until Sat morning for some fun and games, but would be good timing for the kids who are off this week.