Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
2 hours ago, Day 10 said:

Close on 4 years now without more than 1cm of snow that lasted more than an hour, utterly depressing!

Same here. I am not counting those few flakes the other day. Even March 2013 didn't settle very long. 

• Like 2

Posted

Don't ever give me an easterly ever again, got absolutely Jack!

M6 seemed to be the problem, but the other side of the M6 back the other way if you get me,

think some inland did ok, but for the coast we really need a greenie block with a very cold slack wavy northerly

Posted

Going bed Ill got a chest infection feel like super duper will speak soon goodnight all 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Officially gave up on snow, probably the earliest ever, my interests have turned to early spring warmth, this winter has been sooooooooo bad.

• Like 2

Posted

Just taken the dogs out admittedly there is no snow but thick fog and a very strong cold wind make it unbelievably horrible!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Given how cold the air was the past week there was no snow and no air frost. If -10C uppers cannot deliver an air frost over the course of almost a week's cold spell then the future may be rather bleak for cold!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I had one hair frost on Wednesday night, -0.9°C.

Currently warming up nicely, 8.0°C already. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Here are some photos from near Dovestones on Sunday. It was a near blizzard at the top, luckily as the snow wasn't large flakes it wasn't a whiteout but the wind was pushing us and the snow stinging your face when you faced it.

Also a video here from the summit of Indians Head: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLZvMLC05SA

And one on the climb down: 

chbAqxsSHRkENhn63HJyaMiW0csh0S__TD2Z5lf7

swHWoy706H2AjllPMuAImAt9GY8Q-nY-9jG62lWF

BgQUUlg2aAvBaNxOijl_fv3YmMGRzJt_gqIbWpjO

RZauQKRcGjxxPu1UYvf46bOSEKGU8V7QU82BK1CC

-IQ9AT8Asv8xea8MYQxaLRlmu6UzHw8YMP-1qyS7

wpTbY8xbcyW7zeJOAipkxoq_7VXHR85RKdSKGHE5

VEsmOlU8d6eIhjdZi0zxCQ-yr3YA_fDgO3HN-YNccJwFULh2-Sw6PWqb42UGMfGiU2V2u4KvuizyvfHovYnPLqB6BtPW8W0ZoMSnFuPkSSu1GUvBDOQX1FfXrNJgUgjJSyGCePXMooknZ-7Hd1K-tnB82odHCnshSlyuze1bJXBvAhYZLPVCIWCYb7UW3xvfAl2NbBwCbOfziSfeU1K1SvJZKJAvoBpUXQyxwH9IHVIYpEZXznidp7NxrnjLC6NfZ7B3__tWPYXx9EVqu5Z45e0Dbv20fOpA8Pmlh7RiHuC-hW3x7SWBoRXY2LdtYpgo3GLL5542_duZ2ktlkoNbZDrTqarZ6Y7hFkshWExVkdUA3ioAwS8i2cOycIJ64GNGrflUNYMNicnbfDee0K-jSZuJuP5dpWbDJgzlXpm2E7X239GsGH7SKgqf_qZ_l1IpFk0z004ix0k8yQtNJVJMPfa0onFWpjpN0xcuBJinLKzCLUdjtLzk_Cqf6Ibc7yeHXYrsp1q5Zh4v_QbzNyiYw1ygloH5r3LsMTq9vvesw0Sje1KHRkyrNz1sFPgXfcnx7t_-2UNq7chxDRU4_uNh_UF5GhpJDtcJWSbug8zduSlKK4_dKobzcw=w1080-h608-no

Edited by RobR
  • Like 2

Posted

At 14:00 Crosby was 29th warmest out of 183 stations in the UK at 10.0°C. Here, (1.5 miles to the South-East), the max was 9.4°C. 

Posted
17 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Good night sweetheart 

Don't you will have me blushing 

plus didn't know you were like that:rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
9 hours ago, SP1986 said:

Given how cold the air was the past week there was no snow and no air frost. If -10C uppers cannot deliver an air frost over the course of almost a week's cold spell then the future may be rather bleak for cold!

...and still the biting cold easterly wind blows as hard as any the last few days.  So strange how all it gave us apart from the very highest ground was snizzle flurries.  Anyway thankfully it's clearing off and temps will return to the norm over the next few days. 

Posted

Didn't even feel cold today here and several places reached double figures in the region. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Let's face it Winter's over, infact it never even began! :angry:

Posted
9 hours ago, SP1986 said:

I think this winter has shown, you can't take the complexities of weather and apply a 2 dimensional  logic to it. 

We had snow and frost on that last Thursday in January, at least I did, when uppers were above 0C. It was actually colder that day then any of the days in that easterly spell by physical measurement. 

I think that the easterly must have had a "warmer" surface layer compared to that southerly. Were the theta e temps higher? 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Let's face it Winter's over, infact it never even began! :angry:

Happy with that now, just want the spring. Can't wait to be waiting for Storm chances and camping in Wales again. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Mokidugway said:

Haha itsnowjoke ,weather been stunning here today having a beer on the terrace :D

So am I I live on one 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A few posters saying it felt pleasantly warm today.

we had a bit of sun at times but it certainly still felt bitter here with that wind very strong throughout.

i don't know whether it was because it was coming from an unusual direction but the wind over the last 36 hours has seemed incredibly gusty around the house and woke me up several times overnight.

at least it's dried up though.

• Like 1

Posted

Warm and sunny today with just a gentle breeze. Loads of palm trees around and lemon trees. 

• Like 3