Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
6 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Just had a look at dewpoints at moment, rather perplexed why we have the highest levels +2 across whole county, whereas parts of the SW have -1 degrees, all rather odd, just what has happened today to prevent snow down to modest levels over far north of england, forecasts were all wrong...

I don't think that trough/front coming through last night did northern England any favours.

I posted yesterday what happened during the early December 1995 easterly, it was rain and sleet at lower levels that Wednesday afternoon. We had an easterly and yet is was rain/sleet but colder air pushed back northwards and it turned to snow again that evening. Must have been a pool of modified air in the flow.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, karyo said:

Overall a series of disappointments in the last few years and with the general warming trend things are not looking promising for a coldie like me.

The only positive thing on the horizon is the solar minimum so I will give it till 2020 and then discard weather from my interests. Too many hours checking the models and analysing forecasts for very little return. Summer weather and spring warmth couldn't leave me more indifferent so that's a no go area for me.

Again agree, i love the snow, there is something beautiful about it, and for me it brings back happy childhood memories.

I think i would like my son to see what i saw growing up, alas he has seen about 2 decent winters in 15 years.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Went to bed last night when it was snowing & sticking to the car also trying to stick to the concrete but wasn't to be. As others have said it's been a poor Winter, just seems to get worse each Winter really...this has prob been the most disappointing for a long time in terms of being boring but teasing at times, there was so much potential for this Winter to be decent, wasted a lot of time looking at the models and any decent cold was like 10 days out. Think next Winter I won't spend as much time looking at them. Not a fan of temps above 25C but hopefully we get some decent warmth in Spring.......last May was brilliant....Not humid but nice and warm, we looked after a relatives dog whilst they went away and recall a lot of fine walking weather. Quite often seems to be a good month here for sunny warm weather.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

At least there's football on. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

If it's going to warm up, I hope it stays that way. I don't want a sudden cold snap in later spring, like last year. It wreaked havoc for wildlife especially insects and butterflies.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, James M said:

If it's going to warm up, I hope it stays that way. I don't want a sudden cold snap in later spring, like last year. It wreaked havoc for wildlife especially insects and butterflies.

Yes me too james, not remotely interested in march or april snow, in fact it just depresses me!

Edited by northwestsnow
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Oh great talk of another cold snap from around 23rd February from either the N or NW

ENS seen keen on the ideas aswell.The Teasing and Roller coaster continues unfortunately.

C.S. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme events.

Well winter officially ends for me personally this weekend. I will be moving to Lancaster for one month until mid-March, arguaby the most sorry location for snow in the north west of England. I lived there for 4/5 years and never saw significant snowfall or accumulations....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Hey welcome back Moki

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Hello cs :)

Well well the wonderer returns.Welcome back,hope all is well lots of us have been asking

About you.

C.S. 

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Radar returns..... showing snow coming back in over yorkshire..... reports of temps dropping and snow falling...

Enjoy Wil 

C.S. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
Just now, Mokidugway said:

Hey great to be back and I've got rain ,lol

We've got a damn poor impression of snow, light occasional sleet at best and what we had this morning as all gone

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Radar returns..... showing snow coming back in over yorkshire..... reports of temps dropping and snow falling...

Still rain in Bingley.I'll keep you all updated in here n Yorkshire thread.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Well well the wonderer returns.Welcome back,hope all is well lots of us have been asking

About you.

C.S. 

Aw that's nice just wish I could have brought you snow on my return ,lol is everyone still here ?

Edited by Mokidugway
  • Like 1

Posted

Where have you been thought you were banned and who is cloudy daze 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
1 hour ago, James M said:

If it would get rid of all the insects for the summer then great, I hate insects, also not sure why some people love snow until 29th feb then suddenly prefer heat, it just doesn't make sense, there is obviously a cut off point at which certain synoptics can deliver, but they gradually get whittled down, a switch isn't just flicked on March 1st.