A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

What a sh&t Winter. Think I prefer wind and rain. Boring zzzzzzzz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

What a sh&t Winter. Think I prefer wind and rain. Boring zzzzzzzz

you'll be in luck Saturday! although if you are high enough could be sleet/wet snow

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

you'll be in luck Saturday! although if you are high enough could be sleet/wet snow

Going off your recent predictions (wettest Feb on record, flooding, very wet Monday coming up), it will probably be bone dry or snow down to sea level!

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Weather-history said:

Maybe a hint of this on the radar now.

The New Year 1997 one was a good one. 

certainly was, but this one much weaker, chance of snow though between now and midday Sat

archives-1997-1-1-0-0.png

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Maybe a hint of this on the radar now.

The New Year 1997 one was a good one. 

Fingers crossed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

showers seem to be forming into lines as they come across Yorkshire and a few are now making it across to the east of our region so those of you lucky enough to be under a streamer could wake up to a covering in the morning.

Posted

Snow won't get far enough over the hills to Chorley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

very light graupel falling 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

If snow could get here earlier it can get here again. 

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 2

Posted

Since I met the Mrs 13yrs ago we have had at least 1 snow walk every year. Mostly driving up to East Lancs or Rivington Pike. 

This year, zip all. 

Posted

We are now chasing another warming in 10 days time. Maybe MJO phase 8. 

If we are lucky last week of Feb to 1st week of March may give us another chance. 

• Like 1

Posted

Mjo, warmings. Tbh nobody knows.It's people trying to work them out and been incorrect most of the time.Meto have been pretty  poor lately imo.Snow advance index......least said the better.Forecasts change with the models and the models only give a decent forecast for up to 5 days for me.Gp seemed wide off the mark a month or so back and as gone awol.And Tamara for putting it across really well,covers all bases but Goodluck to them in all they do.

Don't think anybody  will master the wurly swirly atmosphere and mother nature etc.Just too many variables that humuns just don't understand most of be it the Strat,trop,human interference or from space.

Anyway,goodluck for a dusting lol.

Edited by joggs

Posted

well I'm done with this winter it sucks roll on spring could do with some diluted sun on my skin fed up with all this cr@"

Edited by itsnowjoke
  • Like 3

Posted
43 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

certainly was, but this one much weaker, chance of snow though between now and midday Sat

archives-1997-1-1-0-0.png

They just dont make easterlies like they used to!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I would welcome a dusting with open arms. Had a few flakes earlier, that will do for now. 

• Like 1

Posted

FAX charts showing a trough feature moving through the region on Saturday as we see a disturbance in the flow, whilst dewpoints may rise, uppers look like being the right side of marginal for snow down to quite low levels, all dependent on how heavy the precipitation is, it could pep up as it hits the Pennines, conversely it could fizzle. Would be nice to see a covering even just a cm, as we have had no snow at all so far this winter - came close late November, but the snowline was 200 metres.

• Like 3

Posted
7 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

FAX charts showing a trough feature moving through the region on Saturday as we see a disturbance in the flow, whilst dewpoints may rise, uppers look like being the right side of marginal for snow down to quite low levels, all dependent on how heavy the precipitation is, it could pep up as it hits the Pennines, conversely it could fizzle. Would be nice to see a covering even just a cm, as we have had no snow at all so far this winter - came close late November, but the snowline was 200 metres.

Yes saturday looks interesting with a more general area of precip,some might get a dusting ovrrnight but by mid feb a dusting wont make it past dinner time.

On saturday Thinking those with decent altitude around the pennines, hard to say exactly but 300m or more might see 5cm or more depending how the trough reacts to the pennines.

Wrt winter lets be honest, its been horrific for snow, again.ok its not been a zonal hellfest like last winter but for high lat blocking, dreadful.Despite all the positive noises its all come to nothing.The fact we are chasing a transient dusting says it all.

Seems to be getting more and more rare snow, im sure im not imagining it

Edited by northwestsnow
  • Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

Yes saturday looks interesting with a more general area of precip,some might get a dusting ovrrnight but by mid feb a dusting wont make it past dinner time.

Thinking those with decent altitude around the pennines, hard to say exactly but 300m or more might see 5cm or more depending how the trough recats to the pennines.

Wrt winter lets be honest, its been horrific for snow, again.ok its not been a zonal hellfest like last winter but for high lat blocking, dreadful.Despite all the positive noises its all come to nothing.The fact we are chasing a transient dusting says it all.

Seems to be getting more and morecrare snow, im sure im not imagining it

You're not imagining it!

Posted
4 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

On saturday Thinking those with decent altitude around the pennines, hard to say exactly but 300m or more might see 5cm or more depending how the trough reacts to the pennines.

Seems to be getting more and more rare snow, im sure im not imagining it

Climate change!

In the UK it means we see less snow and generally higher temperatures but in some parts of the world it is even more noticeable with the fast retreat of glaciers! I've seen it with my eyes in Iceland.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I think we are in a warm cluster opposed to a cold one like we witness late 2000s into 2010s.

I hoping by the new decade comes we should be in the cold cluster again. I think.

Posted
7 minutes ago, karyo said:

Climate change!

In the UK it means we see less snow and generally higher temperatures but in some parts of the world it is even more noticeable with the fast retreat of glaciers! I've seen it with my eyes in Iceland.

Yes i have lots of family in Poland and they agree winters are much milder than they used to be, the elders in particuar refer to the winters of the 40s right through to the 80s and how winters in recent years are warm in comparison, green christmas' s in Poland are quite common now, back in the prewar up to the 80s they were very rare!

Summers are hot !

Edited by northwestsnow
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

Yes i have lots of family in Poland and they agree winters are much milder than they used to be, the elders in particuar refer to the winters of the 40s right through to the 80s and how winters in recent years are warm in comparison, green christmas' s in Poland are quite common now, back in the prewar up to the 80s they were very rare!

Summers are hot !

Yes, in fact countries in central Europe get successive hot summers now. Germany had severe heat last summer and the one before. At least I am glad we don't get that here, I hate heat more than I love cold!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Look on the bright side. The US have elected Trump. Since he opposes climate change. I can see the Gulf Stream will shut down abit quicker, making our Winters more colder. :cold:

Edited by pip22