Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
1 hour ago, CreweCold said:

Some of the posters in there leave a lot to be desired. I cannot say what I'd really like to say as it'd get me banned but if the perpetual hopecasting wasn't bad enough, the terrible grammar (as you point out) is enough to send the more seasoned over the edge!

grammar-rules.jpg

You need to get your head out of your backside......... 

• Like 1

Posted
11 hours ago, Jan said:

I refuse to get excited re mod thread....... plus some posters grammar is atrocious...... are instead of our.......Call me a snob

4 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Some of the posters in there leave a lot to be desired. I cannot say what I'd really like to say as it'd get me banned but if the perpetual hopecasting wasn't bad enough, the terrible grammar (as you point out) is enough to send the more seasoned over the edge!

grammar-rules.jpg

I really don't think a weather forum which many people use for a hobby needs to be a place for perfect spelling and grammar.

many users are foreign or may have dyslexia etc. 

Let's not forget that most people, including me right now are typing on a mobile phone which automatically changes words without you noticing. 

But anyways, let's hope we all get some sharp frosts and snow soon 

Edited by robbo88

Posted

BBC Forecast going for a brief-spell of gales overnight across the swathe of England and Wales, 60mph gusts likely with a chance of some brief snow-flurries over the higher routes.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

BBC Forecast going for a brief-spell of gales overnight across the swathe of England and Wales, 60mph gusts likely with a chance of some brief snow-flurries over the higher routes.

I hope the rain is going to be nothing like that Monday late afternoon/evening in Mid november which produced a deluge between 4:00 and 6:30pm.  It also engaged the winds from a south easterly/easterly direction and caused flooding around our parts, including my 'east' facing front side of the house.   It got quite tricky around Saddleworth with Greenfield reporting a near bridge collapse.  It all depends if there will be a squall-line on it's back edge.  Currently the heaviest rain is just off the coast of west Wales.

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather
18 hours ago, itsnowjoke said:

You had broth again chick 

Lol !!!! :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
1 minute ago, dodgeredee said:

245+ members sitting in the model thread.... something must be going down.

Yes the GEM is show -18 uppers and Heavy snow:rofl:

C,S

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, joggs said:

Parts of Wales seeing snow from this system at 30m asl.

Net weather Radar showing the PPN turning to sleet/snow on its western flank

C.S

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, joggs said:

Should that happen up here?

Not with a current Temperature of 9c LOL

Who Knows though snow events in this region are often not forecast

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

:rofl:

There's no excuse for bad grammar. None at all. My head is firmly out of my backside thanks...watch your tone, I was just agreeing with a point someone else made in the first place?

no excuse at all over age 5, so many times I see silly loose for lose, their for there, and hear for here, only bad grammar I tend to get into habit of is calling Man Utd Manure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

no excuse at all over age 5, so many times I see silly loose for lose, their for there, and hear for here, only bad grammar I tend to get into habit of is calling Man Utd Manure

Exactly. You hand a CV or an application form in to a company riddled with grammatical mistakes, the company won't even look at it as it'll go straight in the bin. This is because bad grammar shows a lack of attention to detail and laziness. 

Some people tend to get very touchy about it though. Getting their, there and they're mixed up for example is nothing to do with dyslexia.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Exactly. You hand a CV or an application form in to a company riddled with grammatical mistakes, the company won't even look at it as it'll go straight in the bin. This is because bad grammar shows a lack of attention to detail and laziness. 

Some people tend to get very touchy about it though. Getting their, there and they're mixed up for example is nothing to do with dyslexia.

been also seeing lately is 'of' instead of 'have'

Posted
23 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

There is no excuse at all for those over the age of five.

I see people use loose for lose.....

The only bad grammar I tend to get into the habit of using is calling man utd manure (which isn't a grammar issue)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Looking at the radar it appears that I am right on the eastern edge of the rain band with the whole system currently staying to the western side of the Pennines.

maybe this will change as the evening goes on but so far it's hardly wet the ground here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

It was 8c in Tenby before evaporative cooling kicked in. 

Posted

Yes rain shadow here also, any precipitation that travels up from the south and engages south easterly winds is like pulling teeth for my area.  Pennine hills and peak district to the south blocks everything.  It's all happening out west.  Thank god it's not snow.

3 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

Yes the GEM is show -18 uppers and Heavy snow:rofl:

C,S

I see this was what got their interest...

tempresult_jtx1.gif

Got to admit it is the 'nadia' for those in the south east, and would even probably effect us in the end game..... but it's not going to happen lol

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
3 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

Yes rain shadow here also, any precipitation that travels up from the south and engages south easterly winds is like pulling teeth for my area.  Pennine hills and peak district to the south blocks everything.  It's all happening out west.  Thank god it's not snow.

tempresult_jtx1.gif

Got to admit it is the 'nadia' for those in the south east, and would even probably effect us in the end game..... but it's not going to happen lol

It's the same here as well and looking at the radar the dry area goes almost as far north as the Yorkshire Dales.

as you say thank god it's not snow we're missing out on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
27 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

tempresult_jtx1.gif

How did/do you make the GIF? 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

How did/do you make the GIF? 

I just copy/pasted the link from the model thread.  I'm not sure how the member originally created it.

Posted
33 minutes ago, iand61 said:

It's the same here as well and looking at the radar the dry area goes almost as far north as the Yorkshire Dales.

as you say thank god it's not snow we're missing out on

Yep, evaporating into mid-air almost.

Posted

Quieter than what I was expecting for tonight for the NW, max gust recorded currently is 52mph and that's along the English Channel. The squall-line barely recognizable moving up into the south Midlands.