Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
23 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Talking about NW England though, Diane Oxberry talking about flooding next Wednesday for our region?

Must have missed that.

did she say at least it will be mild though.

Posted
2 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Must have missed that.

did she say at least it will be mild though.

You've misunderstood what I am meaning.  lol, I remember Atlantic was hypothetically saying that by this time next week, Diane would be talking about flooding. I questioned this.

15 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

No, the express would come up with SSW on way, 6 week mega freeze for the UK, I really believe a very wet February is realistic

Can't see a shred of reliable evidence for either outcome though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, Weather-history said:

You've misunderstood what I am meaning.  lol, I remember Atlantic was hypothetically saying that by this time next week, Diane would be talking about flooding. I questioned this.

It's possible, but likely not as early as that, give it a few more days

Posted
10 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

It's possible, but likely not as early as that, give it a few more days

Depends on the wind direction, south of the region, winter 2013-14 wasn't that wet not compared to other parts.

Edited by Weather-history

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
30 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Sorry W-h it's been a long day.

i'll get my coat:)

Posted

Ice day forecast for here tomorrow, under a stiff SE wind and cloud, indeed we might only just scrape 0 degrees for a brief moment, who needs deep cold uppers. Many a winter we've not managed an ice day.

• Like 2

Posted

A short sharp icy blast of the continental freeze... But it's merely the half time entertainment as we welcome back the Atlantic westerlies next week, and that as we know as no problem lasting the whole 90 minutes and beyond.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

It's bitterly cold today with a current temperature of -0.1C but the windchill is like -4C. It's the coldest I've felt it in years. Highly unusual setup for these parts. However it won't qualify as an ice day even if it stays below 0C from now until tonight as it's been above 0C since 06.00 

It's very rare to achieve an ice day here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
2 hours ago, SP1986 said:

It's bitterly cold today with a current temperature of -0.1C but the windchill is like -4C. It's the coldest I've felt it in years. Highly unusual setup for these parts. However it won't qualify as an ice day even if it stays below 0C from now until tonight as it's been above 0C since 06.00 

It's very rare to achieve an ice day here

Cold, Icy, Bitter, Grey, Windy. It actually feels like a winter day of old, all that's missing is the snow! Pity it's for 1 day only, back to milder dross for the foreseeable from tomorrow.

I really hope we can get at least one proper cold spell before mid-march, this winter so far is a joke along with the last 3! :nonono:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

0.1C, bitter windchill, few snowflakes blowing around in the wind. Uppers are +5C lol

Posted

Currently -2.3'c in Buxton this afternoon after a overnight low of -3'c, certainly feels like it too outside today compared to yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Today = Boring Zzzzzzzz

Yes it's cold but hay ho nothing more to report

C.S. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

In the name of honesty I have to admit I misread the data before. I was reading an old record not today's :oops:

It's actually been between +0.6 and +0.9 all day.. not quite below freezing. I thought something was amiss when I stood in squelchy mud and noticed that the water wasn't iced up 

Edited by SP1986

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Its icy cold out and feels worse in the wind. :cold:

Posted

Well been on the edge of any low cloud here this morning so there has been some 'lightbulb' sunshine mixed in briefly with more full on sunshine but the cloud has rolled in now and we are under more grey skies now.

Posted

Yes quite bright here today, sun in the morning which took the frost off the car so I didn't need to defrost it as I wasn't in work today.  High cloud as rolled-in but still bright.  Icy windchill though, while out at shops.  Beanie hat wearers in abundence in Oldham TC.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions
2 hours ago, Geordiesnow said:

Well been on the edge of any low cloud here this morning so there has been some 'lightbulb' sunshine mixed in briefly with more full on sunshine but the cloud has rolled in now and we are under more grey skies now.

Only just realised you are now in Morecambe, I wondered why you kept posting in the North West thread..........I'm a dozey mare

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Plenty of gritter lorries out and about.  Still freezing and windy. 

Posted

Zero here in Manchester all day. Feels cold but lacking the icy feel you'd get if everything was covered in frost all day.

I remember a max of -6C in December 2010 - now that was a cold day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

After a quiet Winter the Atlantic looks like waking up to give a further kick in the balls & scupper the chance of decent cold for the last 3rd of Winter like someone having a joke.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Beautiful clear blue skies and very cold today, reminded me a bit of 2010.

Posted
2 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Beautiful clear blue skies and very cold today, reminded me a bit of 2010.

Agree, it had echos of Dec 2010, when we saw a run of ice days. I think due to the very dry cold feel. Feeling very much an old school winter day. Just a short sharp shock though, bit like those one day plumes we have in summer, gone in a blink, but creates a very distinct feeling, very continental like most days in Germany probably feel in the depths of winter.

• Like 1