Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
3 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Grim morning all or should I say some!

Well apart from a 30 min snow shower 6.30pm lastnight, the 4 year wait goes on. Typical how the band stretches the whole region yet the usual spots are suffering more heartache. Real bad horrible unlucky stretch without any lying snow for more than a hour this. Truly terrible, the days of getting at least one proper snowfall a year have gone:sorry:

At least you got a snow shower yestetday :-) I haven't seen one flake at all. Pretty ironic being the highest point in Wirral

• Like 1

Posted

So how much snowbjas fallen in th east of the region?

surprised to wake up to hear the wind roaring around the house, yet it looks to have rained the whole time!

Posted
1 minute ago, Darren Bown said:

surprised to wake up to hear the wind roaring around the house, yet it looks to have rained the whole time!

Probs a couple of inches.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
3 minutes ago, Darren Bown said:

I wouldn't be surprised to hear of 15cm+ in places. That band that has passed through here has been torrential. Had that been all snow, even here would have had a good 10cm (including the snow from earlier in the day which has now melted!).

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

Looks like plenty of snow outside. Shows a little height and to the east puts me in the sweet spot most years. Sadly I am moving to Somerset before next year so I need to make the most of this and living here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

I wouldn't be surprised to hear of 15cm+ in places. That band that has passed through here has been torrential. Had that been all snow, even here would have had a good 10cm.

There was always a mild sector

Posted

A good 10cm covering across open-surfaces, no doubt there's more snow on higher elevations above town but this is how it looks here at 7:30am.

DSC_0043.JPGDSC_0051.JPG

Edited by SNOW_JOKE
  • Like 3

Posted
Just now, SNOW_JOKE said:

A good 10cm covering across open-surfaces, no doubt there's more snow on higher elevations above town but this is how it looks here at 7:30am.DSC_0043.JPGDSC_0051.JPG

You want to see the wet mess outside mine!

Anyway, had enough, going bed. Pfffffft. lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

It's not really a mild sector it's just heavy modification by wind from the Irish sea. That's why most of the Midlands will see heavy snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

:yahoo:Woohoo here comes the clearance!

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

There was always a mild sector

I've had an inch or two off crapper uppers than those tonight. Go figure. -6 at the 850 level should be sufficient with precipitation of that intensity, even with a strong wind.

-6 at the upper level, dews close to freezing and an air temp sub 2C- what falls out of the sky should not turn to liquid so readily.

I'm sorry but that is just the UK for you.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

Some road-updates for the Peak District area...

A6 Fairfield road currently impassible due to ice and lorries blocking the road. Buxton-Leek road impassible, Snake Pass closed, Woodhead passable in 4x4 (not closed yet), Cat and Fiddle closed until mid-morning. Long-Hill passable in 4x4 (not recommended otherwise.)

Also problems reported along the Chapel-Castleton road with drivers abandoning cars at Winnets Pass, standing traffic around Buxton and Disley. Macclesfield Road is now shut at Kettleshulme.

• Like 1

Posted

Non-event here, haven't checked the radar image yet, but suspect we were just too far west to catch any precipitation. Instead its currently 2 degrees. Must be a warm sector of sorts moving through. Still the fells are white, but really we should have done so much better given the synoptics. Our best events are always frontal. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Horrible rainy windy day

Posted

Woke up at 5am and everything was frozen and nothing melted but warm sector hit here too as woke up at 7 and it was snowing but 'wet' snow and things were dripping etc, most wasn't sticking. So decided to walk to the very top of the hill (which is about 50m higher) and it was still freezing there and was epic as just got there during the heavy precipitation and it was blowing around like I've ever seen in my life before.  Walked back down and it was still wet snow at my house but stuck. Gutted it was rain for Crewe, I have been there with you Aaron haha. 

There is a quick vid on my Instagram as won't let me post videos on here...

https://www.instagram.com/benjaminstubbs/

will post some more pics when it's properly light.

WhatsApp Image 2017-01-13 at 08.03.03.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-01-13 at 08.08.10.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, WillinGlossop said:

8-12cm here.... very fluffy..... neighbour abandoned car near my wall after hitting it..... ooopps.....

You extra height has paid off as I reckon I wouldn't be far off you if this mornings snow wasn't wet/sleety as literally snowed for hours last night. :D

...I know I sound an annoying t*at to most! haha but after living in the snow desert of Crewe/Nantwich I am allowed to get excited. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

We have a covering............................of litter as all the bins keep blowing over!

• Like 6

Posted

Wet snow this morning, heavy at times. Temp just above freezing so some melt. Left 2cm or so adding to snow from two lengthy showers yesterday evening.  Looks great and the roads are moving ok.  

Posted
3 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

We have a covering............................of litter as all the bins keep blowing over!

And I keep forgetting to mow the lawn.. how else would I be able to control all those palm tree seedlings?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Nope there is no snow in Chorley too!! Great!! :wallbash: