Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters
4 minutes ago, Linda said:

Err where???-I'm in Merseyside and now snow here

Merseyside is very big and mostly coastal. Im in st helens but more towards warrington than st helens

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Nothing happening here !!

Posted
11 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

You can see the difference in Shower Activity over the NW England and that off Scotland in the clear air.

That front has really put the mockers on any real shower activity, had it not formed the north west would have had a very very snowy day.

Can see the difference here right now with the back edge of the front approaching and the patchy convective style cloud underneath it.

Nevermind, should still be some shower activity for some parts of the region I suspect before the potential of something more oragnised coming down from the North but Ill suspect it will be an eastern event only though.

Posted

I was at hattersly Tesco. Massive flakes coming down fast, drove like a mile down the road to my house in gee cross and it's barely spitting.:wallbash:

Posted

Irish Sea SSTs around 11'c, should help build and sustain any convective potential that's expected into tonight before the morning's 979mb low-pressure off to the East.

Posted

Well I can't get my head round why we are all disappointed this is usually the case and we should be used to it .... but we aren't 

Edited by itsnowjoke
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

That rain really starting to turn to snow in the midlands now. Last minute upgrades for the south AGAIN! :nonono:

Posted

You just know down souths gunna get plastered with snow tonight...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Just been out for a bit. Been dry for an hour but last shower turned to heavy snow for a minute at its peak. Now 3.3°C 

Posted

The NW feed should get going in the next few hours. There's already some bits of convection going on. Hopefully enough dryness to dry out the ground a little.

EDIT - just been to my outdoor thermometer and it's only showing 1c. It feels markedly colder outside.

Edited by Darren Bown

Posted
1 minute ago, chicken soup said:

Nothing at all here....not expecting owt either....CRAP

Chin up mate know how you feel had nothing but drizzle and sleet all day very frustrating.Onto tonight you might get a bit from the trough fingers crossed..

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, frosty ground said:

Convection really kicking of into North Wales.

Yup, its a kick in the teeth mate gona hope for the best later i think ( hope) me and thee might get a couple a cm overnight.

Posted

A bit of perspective to those a little downhearted about today - the forecast has more or less been correct in terms of it being quite a wet and cold morning. It's tonight that things may get more interesting. And again with showers, it's a hit and miss situation.

the reasons showers are moving into Wales currently is purely because the frontal rainfall cleared from the west first.

Edited by Darren Bown
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Clear skies are coming in now. Hopefully some beefy snow showers will follow through.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Guess what it does now before the skies clear? It's snowing!! :wallbash:

Just for a moment then it's stopped!!

Edited by pip22

Posted
19 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Well I can't get my head round why we are all disappointed this is usually the case and we should be used to it .... but we aren't 

Its the hope that does it........even when Im convinced the event will be a wash out (as I was this time)  there is still that little bit of hope, so no matter how many I times I tell myself there is no chance of snow....im still disappointed when it doesnt.   Although i hope I am not one of the people who turns that disappointment into rage at BBC or METO or the southerners or anyone else

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I'm expecting convection to start building soon,  developing into violent showers containing thunder, hail, graupel and snow. There is several hundred j/kg of CAPE around  overnight that cells can take advantage of. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Chris.R said:

I'm expecting convection to start building soon,  developing into violent showers containing thunder, hail, graupel and snow. There is several hundred j/kg of CAPE around  overnight that cells can take advantage of. 

Great for your area.

Posted
1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

I was wondering about the 'strength' of the showers would come from. Could you possibly show me the chart that shows this? Just so I can learn for next time. :)