Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Looks like there may be a big snow event in eastern Greece though in the medium term. Another big snow event for Athens maybe.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
14 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

Looks like there may be a big snow event in eastern Greece though in the medium term. Another big snow event for Athens maybe.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
6 hours ago, Day 10 said:

Grim outlook for snow, charts are like groundhog day. Looks like we could be back to square one after some wind and rain turn of the year. Dreadful outlook :bad:

Well the T384 chart on the 18z is a stocker potent northerly and snowy:rofl:

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
7 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

Well the T384 chart on the 18z is a stocker potent northerly and snowy:rofl:

C.S

but 00Z isn't!

gfs-0-384.png

Posted
18 minutes ago, Linda said:

BBC weather going for cold front with sleet and snow to low levels coming south on Xmas day might just catch our region Xmas night I will take that 

Guy on the radio just said we could be on for a recording breaking mild Christmas Day so it would need to be quite a turn-around for anything wintry to fall.  Boxing Day will feel fresher but again nothing seriously cold.  Some fantasy charts into January show potential but cannon fodder at this stage.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted

Yes it's going to be very mild on Christmas Day but as the cold front sweeps in later in the day temps will fall very quickly as the warm air is pushed away I have seen it happen before 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
2 hours ago, Linda said:

Yes it's going to be very mild on Christmas Day but as the cold front sweeps in later in the day temps will fall very quickly as the warm air is pushed away I have seen it happen before 

It Certainly has happened before and i'd love it to again, but I can be fairly confident that for anyone within 20 miles of the coast it will not happen. Winds will be on shore. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

but 00Z isn't!

gfs-0-384.png

But 06z is ........

this could roll  and roll.

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Well that's it for work now until 5th January.

just need some decent conditions for a bit of walking during that no mans land between Christmas and New Year.

not holding out much hope for deep and crisp and even but providing it's not mild and wet I'll take it.

as for today, it's certainly getting a bit blowy outside.

Posted

Yep blowy today and a squall line just coming in from the west will zip through the region in the next hour or two.  Just got in from work and traffic for last minute food shopping for (the impending nuclear war)...oops correction; that 1 day were no shops are open, is already to build up, so the weather won't be helping much.

Batten down the hatches... it's coming through.

squall23122016.JPG

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
4 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

Yep blowy today and a squall line just coming in from the west will zip through the region in the next hour or two.  Just got in from work and traffic for last minute food shopping for (the impending nuclear war)...oops correction; that 1 day were no shops are open, is already to build up, so the weather won't be helping much.

Batten down the hatches... it's coming through.

squall23122016.JPG

Yep noticed the seige mentality myself with traffic at 1pm as busy as it would usually be at evening rush hour and most of it trying to get into the store car parks 

never mind it'll all be back to normal in a few days

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Sferic  just east of Blackburn somewhere. 

Posted

Clearing skies just as the sun is going down. Typical.

I wasn't expecting much after three months in Central Europe but today's weather has been absolutely putrid. I should not be sweating with my coat unzipped and only a T-shirt underneath.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Well we certainly got hit with that squall line earlier today in leyland, never seen one like that before, it was like sheets of mist, can't really explain it, it was so weird, almost hurricane looking!

• Like 1

Posted

SparkleS we certainly got hit with something around 3pm Friday.  I'm not far from you, I've never heard anything like it.  Got the sheet of mist and then a sudden whoosh!  I thought the roof had come off!  Both cats who were fast asleep bolted, three fence panels in pieces, outside Christmas lights blew off, branches off trees,Christmas wreath on my door I found down the road but the chap next door hasn't found his garden seat yet and as for my garden santa and snowman, they are completely traumatised!

Edited by Huggles
  • Like 2

Posted
8 hours ago, Huggles said:

SparkleS we certainly got hit with something around 3pm Friday.  I'm not far from you, I've never heard anything like it.  Got the sheet of mist and then a sudden whoosh!  I thought the roof had come off!  Both cats who were fast asleep bolted, three fence panels in pieces, outside Christmas lights blew off, branches off trees,Christmas wreath on my door I found down the road but the chap next door hasn't found his garden seat yet and as for my garden santa and snowman, they are completely traumatised!

Hi huggles, nice to have another female in here :) are you in Preston then? Bit higher up there than leyland , sounded really bad where you was, well it was bad here but just big plant pots and Amazon boxes flying down our road! Lol.... although I was woken at 7am this morning by our garden gate smashing shut! But that squall line yesterday was a bit manic as you know! Hope snowman and Santa have recouperated! And your neighbours have found their seat. Welcome aboard..

• Like 2

Posted

Thanks SparkleS.  I'm in Tarleton which is between Southport and Preston.  Still quite windy today but nothing like what happened yesterday.  My bird table is in pieces!  Hey ho, could have been worse.

• Like 1

Posted

A little windy yesterday during the squall but nothing out of the ordinarily. Only had 5 mm of rain all day as well. 

Posted
5 hours ago, Huggles said:

Thanks SparkleS.  I'm in Tarleton which is between Southport and Preston.  Still quite windy today but nothing like what happened yesterday.  My bird table is in pieces!  Hey ho, could have been worse.

Hi welcome from another female also from Tarleton.  

Hope the Wind isnt too bad tonorrow as we have family coming up from Oxford area in the morning   

Edited by weatherchannel440
  • Like 1

Posted

Better day today although still breezy with a few heavy showers during the afternoon but compared to yesterday's conditions, certainly an improvement.

yesterdays squall line actually tore the blades from a wind turbine up the hill from here which coupled with a fire on one at a neighbouring wind farm last year shows the risks in clean energy production.

Posted

Merry Christmas everyone !! I bet it snows New Years ! Lol

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Merry Christmas Everyone. . Have a fantastic day x  :reindeer-emoji: :santa-emoji:

Posted

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all have a great time.