Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
59 minutes ago, pip22 said:

The beeb has now put me down for sleet and snow from 6am Wed!!!

It may start out as rain but as the colder air kicks in it may turn to snow by the end.

Same here, earlier today it showed just cold rain throughout but now shows rain turning to snow during the evening and Wed morning - I reckon places above 200m will get a decent dumping.

Edited by Frost HoIIow

Posted

The snow is borderline for where I am situated at 210m, just hoping there's enough low-valley cooling going on tonight to chill things substantially into tomorrow although being surrounded by peaks up to 457m i'm optimistic in hoping to see the tops of the hills smothered in the white-stuff, which avantagely are only a 30 minute walk from the doorstep.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

AROME going for a Pennine snow event, bugger all on lower ground west of the Pennines. By 4am Wed morning 9cm has accumulated over Kinder Scout. This model did well in March with the snow. But no model is infallible.

2429_onh2.png

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

AROME going for a Pennine snow event, bugger all on lower ground west of the Pennines. By 4am Wed morning 9cm has accumulated over Kinder Scout. This model did well in March with the snow.

2429_onh2.png

Id take that..... nice white hills come wednesday morning....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Plenty of ice on the car this morning, not the white frost that easily scrapes off the windscreen but the thick coating that comes from a late shower then sudden freeze and the stuff that only de-icer can budge.

add that to doors which were frozen solid and at 6.30 this morning I started to wonder why I actually liked winter.

then I saw that chances of a decent dumping of snow is looking very likely in the next couple of days and I thought, I'll put up with the frost.

it looks like things could be getting a bit busy in here shortly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Already 2.7°C currently; an air frost is still possible. 

For what it's worth, the Met-office app has me down for sleet in the early hours of Wednesday at 2°C. Liverpool airport TAF doesn't yet go out that far. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Minimum here was +2.2C ... still awaiting an airfrost.. could be a while away based on the model outputs. Cold rainy day ahead.. maybe some snow in the east of the region or at higher elevation like Oldham?

Posted
1 hour ago, SP1986 said:

Minimum here was +2.2C ... still awaiting an airfrost.. could be a while away based on the model outputs. Cold rainy day ahead.. maybe some snow in the east of the region or at higher elevation like Oldham?

Yes ste, higher elevations around Oldham -( some places are 300 -350m ) should do quite well tonight, im around 200m so touch and go for here but i might do a spot of lampost watching later 1 :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Well I'm pleased to report that I recorded my first air frost overnight with a minimum of -0.2°C. Unfortunately though as soon as the cloud came over the temperature shot up like a frighten frog. Lol

• Like 2

Posted

We might have to put up with a fair spell of rain before anything wintry falls.  It's a rain to snow situ. I still think it will only settle for my friends higher up to the east who are lucky enough to have sheep & cattle as their neighbours.  Sharp frost here this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Manchester airport taf still going for a wintry rain/snow mix later in the night

C.S

Posted
1 minute ago, carl1980 said:

Met office have merseyside included in the warning 

Yep noticed that. Expecting a transition mix in the early hours here,  Best case scenario a Boxing Day 2014 style 1 cm if there's an Overlap of heavy  precipitation but very unlikely. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

1.1c now in Sale, WeatherPro predicted 4c at this time already. Maybe if we keep the clouds could be into something later on!! ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Never know which region to post onto! For snow from the west I'm back to being a lancy Lad but storm moving north I'm in the yorkshire side of things..... anyhow , snow. now i'm in the valley ( 100m below my old location  ) snow is less of an issue , almost a mancunian level of expectation but I'm sure the tops around me will be white when I get up tomorrow!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
8 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Never know which region to post onto! For snow from the west I'm back to being a lancy Lad but storm moving north I'm in the yorkshire side of things..... anyhow , snow. now i'm in the valley ( 100m below my old location  ) snow is less of an issue , almost a mancunian level of expectation but I'm sure the tops around me will be white when I get up tomorrow!

Get up Cragg vale, be plenty of white stuff at the top of there.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Temperature at 0.9c here dispite full cloud cover after a low of -1.9c

I see meto have extended there warning for later to cover most of

The region,as they state so much uncertainty,i just cannot see low

Level snow out of this,well not for Cheshire anyway,i swore there would be no lamp post watching tonight,but now the damm METO

Is making me think again.

C.S

• Like 3

Posted

Hey up all.

I've moved since last winter from the Snow repellent that's called the Cheshire Plains :rofl: to a village on a hill called Halmer End.  Really I should be in the Midlands forum but as I still work in Crewe I feel to stay here! haha.  I am now at 170m/560ft altitude and am quite excited by the updated Weather Warnings, hopefully my first house will get a dusting of the slushy stuff tonight!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
2 hours ago, carl1980 said:

Met office have merseyside included in the warning 

Quick 1 from me as in work. That warning sums up perfectly how crap it is to get snow on the Wirral. So close yet so far 9 times out of 10. Bring back 80's winters all is forgiven! To add, it's roasting here, a balmy 6c 8)

Edited by Minus 10
  • Like 2

Posted

Manchester TAF now mentions snow

TAF: EGCC 081056Z 0812/0918 VRB05KT 9999 SCT030 BECMG 0815/0818 15010KT 7000 -RA BKN012 PROB30 TEMPO 0818/0903 3000 RASN BKN006 BECMG 0900/0903 VRB05KT PROB30 TEMPO 0903/0908 1200 SN BKN002 BECMG 0908/0911 9999 NSW SCT025 PROB30 TEMPO 0911/0918 8000 SHRA BKN010

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Wont get too excited about Merseyside being in snow warning - iit will be good old rain !!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Good old subtropical Wirral. my Courgettes and runner/french beans are still flowering and growing. Courgette Pasta will be with dish this winter I think.

• Like 2