Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
beerandkebab

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

Recommended Posts

A grass min of 1.1c here early yesterday evening but an increasing W breeze and, later, cloud ended any chance of a ground frost.

Sunday night looks like the next chance for the first ground frost of the season here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winds have realy picked up here in the past hour, Gusting into the 50s..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Polar Maritime said:

Winds have realy picked up here in the past hour, Gusting into the 50s..

Same here, P.M. 57 mph  recorded at 1825 g.m.t. It seems to have decreased a bit in the last half hour though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very cold start to the day here at 1.8 C! Very still and looks to be a fine and sunny day ahead. This is my favourite type of autumn weather!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barbmac said:

Very cold start to the day here at 1.8 C! Very still and looks to be a fine and sunny day ahead. This is my favourite type of autumn weather!

Minimum  of -1.1c recorded in my back yard this morning. (around 6am)

Frost on all cars, roofs, grass, Brussel sprouts,  etc.

 Clearing quite quickly now with the temp up to 2.2C.

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dropped to 0.3c here overnight with a ground frost this morning ☺

Just had a bit air balloon land in the back field.

20171030_101644.thumb.jpg.32cd13c151f5a609d27d14f23de98d36.jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had my first proper frost last night....Hit a low of 0.1c....so so close :cold:

Oh well, It was lovely to see the grass and cars covered in the white stuff :) Flakes would be better though, won't be long for us Coldies :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first mention, this season, of snow at 600m  in the Peak District on the Met Office forecast. Snow at 600m usually means sleet or perhaps a bit of wet snow at this level, assuming there's something falling from the sky in the first place.

I live in hope

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sharp showers here, Temp 4.8c 

Dp 3c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first sleet of the season last night and earlier this morning as moderate-heavy showers moved through, also the first ground frost. An air min' of 1.9c and a grass min' of -0.5c.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Proper Bonfire Night weather tonight. Pretty chilly, misty and with a touch of ground frost too. Quite idyllic really.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes a lovely night just got back from Chatsworth fireworks display and temp currently 0.5c here, Gritters are out also ☺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Yes a lovely night just got back from Chatsworth fireworks display and temp currently 0.5c here, Gritters are out also ☺

Still no sign of the clouds.

 I am now down to 1.3C

 MIA

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

can report Snaw from Aberdeenshire this evening. my first since making the move north.  good luck to everybody in here this winter I have a feeling you are all gonna get a good dumping...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

Proper Bonfire Night weather tonight. Pretty chilly, misty and with a touch of ground frost too. Quite idyllic really.

yep, especially my part of Walsall, near to Bloxwich, with the fireworks and bonfires going on, but to add to all that there is also a major fire at a recycling plant, don't know if you have heard about that or not, but it is certainly adding even more smoke out there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ello ello ello! I'm officially a Midlander again (just) :D I live in Rushden in Northants now. 

Hoping for a nice snowy Winter, probably won't get one again but last Winter was absolutely atrocious. 

I now ride a motorbike as well so it's a little more dangerous for me personally if we have a cold and snowy Winter but i still want snow and lots of it xD

Hopefully see many familiar faces on here again this Winter :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back Andy...

Lets hope we have some of the white stuff this year.

Not sure why my post ended up in bold type yesterday. It was not intended.

Overnight low of 1.5C here last night. Frost prevented by the cloud not clearing until the early hours.

Beautiful clear start this morning.

MIA  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right chill in the air this evening, Currently 3.2c :cold:

Welcome back Andy :)

Coldies are slowly on there way :hi:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Welcome back Andy.

Yes chilly 3c here with mostly clear skies and little wind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Right chill in the air this evening, Currently 3.2c :cold:

Welcome back Andy :)

Coldies are slowly on there way :hi:

DWW..

 My minimum this evening was 1.7C - it is now backup to 4C as the cloud has moved in.

MIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/11/2017 at 01:29, andy_leics22 said:

Ello ello ello! I'm officially a Midlander again (just) :D I live in Rushden in Northants now. 

Hoping for a nice snowy Winter, probably won't get one again but last Winter was absolutely atrocious. 

I now ride a motorbike as well so it's a little more dangerous for me personally if we have a cold and snowy Winter but i still want snow and lots of it xD

Hopefully see many familiar faces on here again this Winter :)

 

Andy_Leics is back in the building! (And the Midlands, yay!)

Must be time for me to come out of hibernation too.... 

Hi everyone, nice to be back xxx

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fizz511 said:

Andy_Leics is back in the building! (And the Midlands, yay!)

Must be time for me to come out of hibernation too.... 

Hi everyone, nice to be back xxx

 

 

Fizz..

 Hello again, and welcome back.

I must say you have chosen a nice mild day for it!

MIA 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Fizz..

 Hello again, and welcome back.

I must say you have chosen a nice mild day for it!

MIA 

Lol, yes. But I’m already on the hunt for forthcoming snow signals, so I figured it was time! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...