Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
14 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

This is the best winter I've experienced in years. Fog, ice, frost, all lasting all day at times, and now the heaviest snow I've seen in years. However, that's probably because it's my first winter away from London, where the winters are snowless and boring.

Winters always better in the north and out of london.... fog, frost and snowwise..... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, WillinGlossop said:

Winters always better in the north and out of london.... fog, frost and snowwise..... 

Especially at 300m asl

• Like 1

Posted

I lived in Kent in December 2010. That was interesting.....  Bitterly easterly winds brought a streamer that brought continuous snow for 5 days.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

I lived in Kent in December 2010. That was interesting.....  Bitterly easterly winds brought a streamer that brought continuous snow for 5 days.

Lived in faversham until 2013..... was meant to go to my brothers in denmark in dec 2010.... had six inches of snow in faversham.... trains said no, flight from stansted were fine my flight went without me..... i house sat that christmas at my mums in somerset as she was in caribbean on holiday..... had eight inches of snow before xmas at my mums house..... in the nearly four years up here ive had 20+ snowfalls that have stayed the day whilst 13 years in kent i think i can count five....

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Hi all. Snow has all melted now. A good night with quite heavy snow for a while late last night and this morning. A nice surprise :)

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Especially at 300m asl

One of my priorities with my partner moving up here.... at altitude.....hehe....i am moving house hopefully soon (been waiting for completion n keys since easter)and renting my current place out hopefully available march..... lovely four bed with wood burner and large kitchen diner..... plus views.... 

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
31 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

One of my priorities with my partner moving up here.... at altitude.....hehe....i am moving house hopefully soon (been waiting for completion n keys since easter)and renting my current place out hopefully available march..... lovely four bed with wood burner and large kitchen diner..... plus views.... 

Me @Mucka and @Steve Murr are interested :rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Me @Mucka and @Steve Murr are interested :rofl:

Well.... my neighbours house was on market for 24 hrs and sold.... newbies just moved in and love the snow.... they are from down south too....  views to bleaklow, over snake pass, towards woodhead too and can see church at mottram....  and hill towards chunel....  if it doesnt snow here i can walk to snow within 20 minutes..... am i selling this enough....

• Like 1

Posted

Well.... my neighbours house was on market for 24 hrs and sold.... newbies just moved in and love the snow.... they are from down south too....  views to bleaklow, over snake pass, towards woodhead too and can see church at mottram....  and hill towards chunel....  if it doesnt snow here i can walk to snow within 20 minutes..... am i selling this enough....

Sold

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Wonder if those showers in the east irish sea will push into the Central Midlands as the rest have been to far West so far.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Going to be heading up the Peak District tomorrow for my snow fix. I've not seen snow since May 1st and that doesn't really count as it was in the Alps :)

Posted
10 minutes ago, Sparkiee storm said:

Wonder if those showers in the east irish sea will push into the Central Midlands as the rest have been to far West so far.

We actually lose the cold air at 3am, so that's the cold spell over for us in the west, then dreading all the rain, especially Sun and mon, and upto 9° in the west, probably cold and dry in the east

hgt500-1000.png

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
7 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

We actually lose the cold air at 3am, so that's the cold spell over for us in the west, then dreading all the rain, especially Sun and mon, and upto 9° in the west, probably cold and dry in the east

hgt500-1000.png

Hoping to get a few last flakes in before its over though lol :D

Posted
Just now, Sparkiee storm said:

Hoping to get a few last flakes in before its over though lol :D

yes, we may do, of course elevation the key, at 300m cold spell could last longer, but even at Glossop I'd say all over 6pm tomorrow

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WillinGlossop said:

i want your house...lol.. inbox me details please

Posted

Met has most of us down for snow in early hours till around 8 am tomorrow , 

keep the faith 

Posted
2 minutes ago, More Snow said:

i want your house...lol.. inbox me details please

Now now, don't be greedy- you've already got 160m on your side! :p

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, nobble said:

Met has most of us down for snow in early hours till around 8 am tomorrow , 

keep the faith 

thicknesses do not support snow from NW'lys at low levels after approx 3am, Pelsall isn't too bad though, so maybe okay

2 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Now now, don't be greedy- you've already got 160m on your side! :p

Always room for more Altitude that extra 140m makes all the difference and i need the extra bedroom. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

The snow really melted quite quickly today, more so than when we had the March and April falls before now which lingered longer than this. In shady spots its still around but the roads are mainly clear. I thought today was going to be bitter cold but I guess the wind was the only bitter thing as it was very windy all day.

Hoping for some showers to top things up tonight but there is mention after 3am it'll be too warm which is a shame. I might head into the Peaks first thing to get more snow fix.

Posted
52 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

thicknesses do not support snow from NW'lys at low levels after approx 3am, Pelsall isn't too bad though, so maybe okay

Agreed

and as you say , at 500ft might just sneak it , certainly more here overnight than surrounding areas !!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, RobR said:

The snow really melted quite quickly today, more so than when we had the March and April falls before now which lingered longer than this. In shady spots its still around but the roads are mainly clear. I thought today was going to be bitter cold but I guess the wind was the only bitter thing as it was very windy all day.

Hoping for some showers to top things up tonight but there is mention after 3am it'll be too warm which is a shame. I might head into the Peaks first thing to get more snow fix.

That's odd. There's still quite a bit of snow here. Even on some of the pavements.