Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Gutted was in preimer inn buxton last week on way to wigan from Nottingham previous day wish I was there this week. :wallbash:. have to put in with my heavy rain at 130 meters. lol

Was hoping they would ask me to cover again when seen the forecast lol

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

Im moving to the highest peak of buxton one day where it snows all year round....

Im moving to the glossop end of the bottom of the woodhead pass in new year and renting out my current house.... moving from 300m to 345m maybe the extra 45m might get me a few more snow days.....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Im moving to the glossop end of the bottom of the woodhead pass in new year and renting out my current house.... moving from 300m to 345m maybe the extra 45m might get me a few more snow days.....

Or build house upwards ;)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
10 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Im moving to the highest peak of buxton one day where it snows all year round....

You just need height, see you folks later.

54cb1f95a92eb_-_ladder-safety-1113-de.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

MetO is teasing me with empty promises for tomorrow morning.....

IMG_2991.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes Will, It's the flakey side of sleet here to.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted

Well we gota hope that final part of the metoffice warning mentioning 5-10 cms of snow for the northeast midlands come true!!apart from that its looking increasingly unlikely we gona have just cold rain!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Nice to see some of you guys getting SNOW, just need a couple of hundred metres on top of my 121m asl and I'm with you.

Well I suppose this maybe a start :)

images.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Precip too light atm..... in next few hours it might pep up looking at radar.....snizzly sleety drizzle.... wind picking up though.... fire raging so heres a hoping.... 

1 hour ago, WillinGlossop said:

How many bedrooms is your house?? could always do with an extra 140m

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

its been trying to snow near Daventry in northants for the last hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
1 minute ago, SnowTornado said:

Any cams in the buxton area? Preferably any live streaming cams? 

Theirs one at flashbar stores near there but not live-stream

http://www.maccinfo.com/Flash/

Posted
2 minutes ago, matty40s said:

its been trying to snow near Daventry in northants for the last hour.

20mile south of here cant imagine it will snow here though tbh. let me know if it does there

Posted
6 minutes ago, More Snow said:

How many bedrooms is your house?? could always do with an extra 140m

Four but really three as ones tiny and fits a wardrobe.....ie dressing room... the other smaller one i use as an office but could fit a single bed n wardrobe... good views over peaks.... 

9 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Four but really three as ones tiny and fits a wardrobe.....ie dressing room... the other smaller one i use as an office but could fit a single bed n wardrobe... good views over peaks.... 

Could be of interest but really need 4 bed... inbox me details if you can... room sizes and postcode so i can look on streetview... the wifes gonna kill me...lol

Posted

Not on street view as off main road.....been waiting to move house since april....arhggg.... but couple buying off of are divorcing and legal rangles etc.... not in a rush anyhows.... it will be on at £825-850 pm.... hopefully if we exchange by january on our new place itll be on end jan/early feb.... will in box you

just been outside to the outside loo and my word its cold.... and im sure we are now getting sleet in with the rain now.... pretty sure thats all we will get as think we are just the wrong side of marginal at this time... thinking about staying up late to see if it changes as have a nice bottle of Merlot and 'The Day After Tomorrow' to keep me going... lol and thanks for the reply Willinglossop look forward to the inbox... time frame and the money would work for us...