Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

In a way similar setup to yesterday, cold air due to arrive around 6pm, as we have seen less cold air move down from the north, so hopefully showers 6pm or later

hgt500-1000.png

• Like 1

Posted

Not convinced the angle of the dangle from the Cheshire gap will be as good for the more central midlands tonights in a more northerly flow they seem to be going more southerly into wales than south east 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Diamond Joe said:

Not convinced the angle of the dangle from the Cheshire gap will be as good for the more central midlands tonights in a more northerly flow they seem to be going more southerly into wales than south east 

Between 6pm to 4am winds shift to wnw like last night so showers come in over manchester/lancashire/cheshire and through cheshire gap.....

IMG_2844.PNG

IMG_1250.PNG

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Really disappointed as the dusting we had last night was gone by lunch time. Had a feeling that would happen. Temperatures currently at 5C. 

Posted

Most of the lovely snow now gone apart from the grass. Wind alignment looks a bit too Northerly for any top-up for us this evening, so not much hope I think.

Posted

Looking at some of the latest shower activity it looks like Western parts of the region will certainly get some showers. Those West of Birmingham will see showers but it will be marginal.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

I know it's a little soon, but any takers for the easterly next week?

Posted
1 hour ago, The Wolf said:

Looking at some of the latest shower activity it looks like Western parts of the region will certainly get some showers. Those West of Birmingham will see showers but it will be marginal.

yes, winds too northerly, now dreading Sunday/Mondays non stop rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Looks odds on for some showers tonight for the west of the region met have me down for some snow but we shall see it looks very marginal. But normally marginal events can produce big falls as the flakes are bigger. 

Posted
1 minute ago, snowangel32 said:

Looks odds on for some showers tonight for the west of the region met have me down for some snow but we shall see it looks very marginal. But normally marginal events can produce big falls as the flakes are bigger. 

The dew point here is -1.9'c   ,so it should be fine for snow

• Like 1

Posted

My snow today, cannot believe the refusal to get light! this is 8am! photos not too bad though

IMGP0154.JPG

IMGP0150.JPG

IMGP0151.JPG

IMGP0148.JPG

IMGP0142.JPG

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

My snow today, cannot believe the refusal to get light! this is 8am! photos not too bad though

IMGP0154.JPG

IMGP0150.JPG

IMGP0151.JPG

IMGP0148.JPG

IMGP0142.JPG

Lovely big flakes. Hopefully one or two showers later!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Currently 2.5c ,DP of -1.7c....Ready :)

Great Morning driving through blizzards......Just Brill :wink:

• Like 2

Posted
9 hours ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

If it's coming down anything like here in Pelsall (which it should be, not been far) your missing a right treat. Hopefully it leaves a really good covering, or better yet carries on for when you get home.

Wife sent me a video :)

Posted

Got to say although it was good while it lasted, it got quite disappointing in the end. Complete thaw here, except for the odd few patches here and there on the grass. Was snow everywhere on my way to work but the temperature combined with the Sun soon got to work on it. Why can't we just get at least 24 hours cover? I forgot who said it but somebody in this thread said that based on last night's and this morning's event that Winter 2016/17 just got promoted from the abysmal league to the dismal one. It's already been demoted back down as far as I'm concerned. Haven't looked in the model thread yet, but based on this morning's offerings it doesn't look likely to get promoted again anytime soon. Could be something tonight but I'm not getting my hopes up and it would have to be a pretty exceptional dump anyway to cheer me up, which I doubt. Anyway I'm off to the model thread to see if there's any signs of glimmers of hope for the future, I'm not getting my hopes up though.

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

Got to say although it was good while it lasted, it got quite disappointing in the end. Complete thaw here, except for the odd few patches here and there on the grass. Was snow everywhere on my way to work but the temperature combined with the Sun soon got to work on it. Why can't we just get at least 24 hours cover? I forgot who said it but somebody in this thread said that based on last night's and this morning's event that Winter 2016/17 just got promoted from the abysmal league to the dismal one. It's already been demoted back down as far as I'm concerned. Haven't looked in the model thread yet, but based on this morning's offerings it doesn't look likely to get promoted again anytime soon. Could be something tonight but I'm not getting my hopes up and it would have to be a pretty exceptional dump anyway to cheer me up, which I doubt. Anyway I'm off to the model thread to see if there's any signs of glimmers of hope for the future, I'm not getting my hopes up though.

models look decent after Sun/Mon deluge, few dry days coming up from Tues! no sign of snow, but could be cold or very cold or average, but shouldn't be any rain! 

Posted
4 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

models look decent after Sun/Mon deluge, few dry days coming up from Tues! no sign of snow, but could be cold or very cold or average, but shouldn't be any rain! 

That's all very well, but if no snow is on offer it's hardly inspiring. I'd take that in November, but in January after a rather poor Winter thus far only the hope of snow will do. Could all change though and I do have to remind myself that we've still got half of Winter to go, but I am starting to worry that we'll close this Winter without any deep and lasting (at least a few days) snow event.

Posted

This is the best winter I've experienced in years. Fog, ice, frost, all lasting all day at times, and now the heaviest snow I've seen in years. However, that's probably because it's my first winter away from London, where the winters are snowless and boring.

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 1