The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear Snow, Why are you just going to Staffordshire? All they have over there is oatcakes and speed cameras. Much nicer here, why haven't we seen you for 4 years? Remember December 2010? We had so

Phew, made it......

Couple of videos from my drive into the Peaks today when I had to turn round as conditions got worse. No doubt in something better I could have gone on but in a Citroen C2, I have to be careful as the

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, nobble said:

Snowing at work in Coventry 

mans home in pelsall!!

If it's coming down anything like here in Pelsall (which it should be, not been far) your missing a right treat. Hopefully it leaves a really good covering, or better yet carries on for when you get home.

• Like 2

Best snowfall since Boxing Day 2014. That one quickly turned to rain here though. If this one doesn't, will be the most snow on the ground since March 2013. 

Just now, Gord said:

Best snowfall since Boxing Day 2014. That one quickly turned to rain here though. If this one doesn't, will be the most snow on the ground since March 2013. 

Suprised how heavy it is and looks to be stalling over the mids as the wind direction is switching. And again not forecast. Also latest mods show a band of snow tonight. 

• Like 2

Ok, so winter 2016/17 has lifted itself from the appalling category into the dismal category, let's see if we can get further up into the forgettable category by tomorrow!

• Like 1

Some very strange rain falling in Solihull! What ever this sort of rain is, it's very fascinating and it's been making the ground white. 

IMG_9401.JPG

IMG_9404.JPG

IMG_9402.JPG

Looks like others are getting this strange stuff too. I'm sure I saw something like this in Winter before...

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

If it's coming down anything like here in Pelsall (which it should be, not been far) your missing a right treat. Hopefully it leaves a really good covering, or better yet carries on for when you get home.

Wife sent me a video :)

• Like 1

That band was a total non-event, but we have maintained enough of the one at midnight to still have more than half cover, despite the temp not dropping at all overnight. Going very slushy on the pavements.

First morning with lying snow since 01/02/2015, will we see more than 1cm this winter?