Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
    6 minutes ago, weirpig said:

2-5cm yes  yellow is fine.  But if areas gets to 10-15cm  then disruption will occur  Dudley area as you know would be gridlock.

I agree with this but only because it hasn't happpened in so long, and it's the first one of the winter.

Dudley managed to be gridlock in the pouring rain this morning. Kind of glad I'll be off to work at 4am tomorrow when the roads will be quiet, and there might not be much, if any, snow on the ground yet. However, I drive trams for a living so could be an interesting shift.

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 2.9k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear Snow, Why are you just going to Staffordshire? All they have over there is oatcakes and speed cameras. Much nicer here, why haven't we seen you for 4 years? Remember December 2010? We had so

Phew, made it......

Couple of videos from my drive into the Peaks today when I had to turn round as conditions got worse. No doubt in something better I could have gone on but in a Citroen C2, I have to be careful as the

Posted Images

Posted
    Just now, Gord said:

I agree with this but only because it hasn't happpened in so long, and it's the first one of the winter.

Dudley managed to be gridlock in the pouring rain this morning. Kind of glad I'll be off to work at 4am tomorrow when the roads will be quiet, and there might not be much, if any, snow on the ground yet. However, I drive trams for a living so could be an interesting shift.

Lol  you will soon be on the wolves to brum route.  well in a few years.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Been out and stocked up on essentials :D

• Like 2
    Posted
    1 minute ago, weirpig said:

Lol  you will soon be on the wolves to brum route.  well in a few years.

We're already on that route! It's the Dudley/Merry Hill route we're constructing next. It's more the overhead wires that power the trams I worry about in the icy conditions. Hopefully, as rush hour cranks up, there'll be plenty of my colleagues out there helping to keep it clear. Some of the electrical arcing on top of the tram in icy weather is pretty spectacular though! (Perfectly safe though!)

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Just a heads up that a new Midlands weather chat thread will be unlocked soon ready for the wintry excitement from tomorrow onwards. :) Thread is getting quite long!  

Edit: locking this now. New thread coming up :cold: 

Link to new thread: 

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
    Adding extra info
    • Like 1