Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
5 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

You have an advantage being east, but this should be decent for all of us, starting 2am Friday, don't need any more northward shifts, 

then the Atlantic breaks through Wednesday, bugger

Probably change on the 12z anyway!!at least the snow stays for a couple of days on the ground!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, shaky said:

Probably change on the 12z anyway!!at least the snow stays for a couple of days on the ground!!

yes, let's not think about Wednesday yet

Posted
9 minutes ago, shaky said:

Isnt 6 inches 15cms?!!i hope i aint bodged this up lol?

Those ECM charts are showing around 15 inches (38 cm).

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms

So our slider is further south and slap bang over the Midlands also the models will start to narrow it down a touch by now. Still not counting any chickens yet I remember 2005 where they predicted heavy rain which ended up being blizzards for our region so changes will happen even at short notice. Morning all let's hope there's no correction Northwards and the Midlands resembles a nice Xmas card scene.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms
9 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Those ECM charts are showing around 15 inches (38 cm).

I expect your area to get plastered be amazed if the Met don't give you an Amber warning at some point today. Not only will you get hammered by the streamer but the slider looks like delivering a knockout blow to you guys.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
31 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

You have an advantage being east, but this should be decent for all of us, starting 2am Friday, don't need any more northward shifts, 

Is that nailed on now? I saw temps were rising slightly but was hoping whatever snow fell would stick around for the week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

I think I’m going to join the Midlands thread for a few days, might help me in my snow chase...

i’ll even support one of your local teams, Boing Boing Baggies Baggies. :yahoo:

Posted

Some of the reports are really exciting but I will believe it when it is here. It would be nice to get some snow when we don't have to struggle into work though.

Someone posted about possible amounts on Sunday. Could someone post the possible amounts for Friday if possible please or point me in the direction of these charts.

Posted

Looking better for the West than East, definitely. Might just catch a reasonable amount on the western side of the East Midlands.

Seems to have shifted a bit further south too.

Posted

Similar set up to jan 13?? I remember that event well snowed all day left a good 15cms here in coventry..whats the chances of getting the same amount this time around??

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Absolutely siling it down here with gales touching 55mph currently. Roll on the cold air behind it in a few hours as the next few days look very interesting for snow potential. 

Posted

The position of the slider will continue to change run by run for the next 24 to 36 hours due to how volatile they are to minute changes early on. Dont get to excited on that just yet. The main thing to look at is the potential for snow tomorrow and saturday. 

Posted
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Tbh, at this point i would happily take the Atlantic breaking through if we can have this spell from Friday-Monday as forecast.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Chunky Flake said:

Some of the reports are really exciting but I will believe it when it is here. It would be nice to get some snow when we don't have to struggle into work though.

Someone posted about possible amounts on Sunday. Could someone post the possible amounts for Friday if possible please or point me in the direction of these charts.

Being in Cannock, whatever you will get, so will i... let's cross our fingers.

Posted

W COUNTRY Sunday: Early heads-up for folk in northernmost parts of #Gloucestershire & N #Cotswolds to keep across f'casts; *possible* risk snow developing there, but more compellingly so if travelling further N; eg M5 up into Midlands. Lower risk at present for areas further S

Posted

Sunday's forecast is giving us a headache. We have rain coming in from the west with snow on it's leading edge. It is poss we could see significant spell of snow Wales, Midlands, East Anglia northwards. HIGH CHANCE THIS MAY CHANGE @BBCBreakfast xxx

oday we have storm Caroline affecting the far north of Scotland – and as we go through the next few days we will start to see snow accumulate away from the coasts across parts of Scotland, Northern Ireland, northern England, Wales and the north and west Midlands in particular x

Edited by weirpig

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

I actually think we could be snowed in up here come end of Sunday, I’m looking forward to tonight first though. Been a while since we have been able to say that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Really looking forward to tomorrow through Sunday but the thought of the Atlantic on Wednesday is a bit gutting. If it is a one day mild sector, if we get enough snow hopefully it doesn't all melt.

Posted

Snow showers shown pushing in this evening and overnight.

viewimage-24.thumb.png.6c4ef54f7c69d7650acbb02ebc3f1b16.pngviewimage-32.thumb.png.2016add283ac53d7d3b1cb96594e41f3.pngviewimage-41.thumb.png.cb6ed442ca6350bb8102e332a203a6a0.png

Posted

ECM snow depth in inches....

around four inches from showers through Friday...

by Sunday teatime up to 10 inches

by Wednesday upto 14 inches...

71858804-447D-4F20-98F0-3ADD66BF371D.png

9157C801-CCEA-47E3-AF84-F11A37CFD537.png

FD726494-CA4A-428E-9C37-EFBC032D36AB.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
2 minutes ago, weirpig said:

W COUNTRY Sunday: Early heads-up for folk in northernmost parts of #Gloucestershire & N #Cotswolds to keep across f'casts; *possible* risk snow developing there, but more compellingly so if travelling further N; eg M5 up into Midlands. Lower risk at present for areas further S

Well I live  there and I think possible snow early on ,,,,,for instance on the Malvern's , Cotswolds etc but soon turning to rain as milder weather filters north. I think the peak District is prime for a good pasting:cold:

Posted
4 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

ECM snow depth in inches....

around four inches from showers through Friday...

by Sunday teatime up to 10 inches

by Wednesday upto 14 inches...

Expect a thaw by Wednesday.

Friday sounds about right.