Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes a sharp frost this morning currently -3c here, And warnings out for snow tonight for significant accumulations over high ground. Fingers crossed..

a.png

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

-2.9c for me, was only expecting -1c, roofs, grass, cars, all nice and white :cold::)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
51 minutes ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

First air frost of the season here this morning.

Same here and I'm hopeful that the first lying snow of the season will be tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
10 minutes ago, Terminal Moraine said:

Same here and I'm hopeful that the first lying snow of the season will be tomorrow morning.

Same here.

I recorded a minimum of -3.5C, despite cloud cover until 11:00 last night.

Pretty well spot on the forecast. Currently at 1.0C,  with extensive strata.

I notice that a small low is expected to form on the occluded front later (over the southern Irish Sea) by the BBC, and then move east into the North Sea early tomorrow.

Could it be a trigger for us a bit further south, via evap cooling?

We can always hope!

MIA..

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted
29 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Same here.

I recorded a minimum of -3.5C, despite cloud cover until 11:00 last night.

Pretty well spot on the forecast. Currently at 1.0C,  with extensive strata.

I notice that a small low is expected to form on the occluded front later (over the southern Irish Sea) by the BBC, and then move east into the North Sea early tomorrow.

Could it be a trigger for us a bit further south, via evap cooling?

We can always hope!

MIA..

Possibly  warnings been updates on met office  much more into the midlands now and as west as Telford.  A bit of height around here and might see a bit of snow

Edited by weirpig

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
12 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Possibly  warnings been updates on met office  much more into the midlands now and as west as Telford.  A bit of height around here and might see a bit of snow

Weirpig...

Another success for positive thinking?

Come on guys.. lets have a big final .. Its coming our way!

MIA

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Cold night here too at -2.0 °C. We won't be seeing any snow down here, but maybe some of you northern/higher-up guys might get some! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

I remain ever hopeful of a sprinkling of snow on the Malverns! We was robbed earlier this year. :cold:

Posted

You can tell the bad weather is on its way  , as I come back on here !

I have real Anxiety fears about travelling in bad weather, so hate when it affects anything I have to travel to. 

Off to Worcester tomorrow, so hoping those tough Northerners keep the snow to themselves :pardon:

And next Thursday Im off to Wolverhampton , so hoping it will be a nice dry mild day ... 

• Like 1

Posted

Wonder if the top of the Cotswolds will see any? Certainly high enough. Cold -3.8.C in winchcombe this morning and just got an update from my Mum. -6C in Pershore..  that is cold for so early in the season

Edited by Drew

Posted
9 minutes ago, Ian Ballinger said:

Just wondering what DP is needed for snow

0c  i believe    currently 2.0c  here at the moment.  also you have to take into consideration  wet bulb  humidity  etc.

Edited by weirpig

Posted
53 minutes ago, weirpig said:

0c  i believe    currently 2.0c  here at the moment.  also you have to take into consideration  wet bulb  humidity  etc.

Great to see a fellow Wolves fan on here! Things can only get better!

Bloody cold here. Anyone know what the latest models are saying regarding snow potential in early hours and tomorrow morning. BBC forecasts give the impression of them not really knowing for certain what will happen!

Posted
14 minutes ago, The Wolf said:

Great to see a fellow Wolves fan on here! Things can only get better!

Bloody cold here. Anyone know what the latest models are saying regarding snow potential in early hours and tomorrow morning. BBC forecasts give the impression of them not really knowing for certain what will happen!

Well they cant get much worse!   i really have no idea  i think we may see some falling snow with a bit of altitude.  i dont think however we will need the use of a snow plough to get to work.  Your right it is cold  temp maxed out at 3.7c  now falling down to 3.3c

• Like 1

Posted

Suspect i will be too low for anything substantial at 110m, if i were 10 miles west that would be a different story

Posted

BBC mentioned earlier that parts of the midlands could be a good spot during early part of tomorrow morning. I think anywhere east and North of Birmingham could be in for a surprise. From mine and a few others point of view I would hope it is a little further West.

very cold here today.... excitement is building for me here... im trying to keep myself in check and have told myself hundreds of times it will just be rain.. but i cant help it.. Ian F has posted a brilliant update over in the MOD if the EC monthly is on the money we could be in for a belting few months... anyways good luck to everybody for tonights fun and games.. time to dust off the lampost watching chair...