Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

I always feel a bit like the boy in the Hans Christian  Anderson  story.  You lot are crying  out for snow...im the boy shouting please not next week as im travelling...

Look at the King...he  is in the altogether 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Early start....:friends:Catch ya later's

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
11 minutes ago, fizz511 said:

Glad you’re back in the Midlands now Andy? ?

Aye, I am indeed, fizzychops :D

Although, Rushden is a strange location. It's kind of Midlands and bordering on being East England. Would prefer to be back in grand ol Leicester but it's alright! Oxford was bloody expensive to live in, Rushden is much cheaper ?

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

For sunday? Looks very borderline to me for Sunday. 850's are too high for snow to lower levels ?

GFSOPEU18_93_2.png

As long as we have the low pressure tilted in a way we get those isobars coming from a SSE direction it will help our chances even with unfaourable 850s on the leading edge at least. Still very marginal though and it will probably turn to rain for a while as the low travels over us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Looking ok for Friday, might be better to the West of my location. 

First proper snow for ages! Just two more sleeps away :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted

Euro 4 is fairly decent. It would be nice to see a bit more on the front pushing south tomorrow night to ensure alot of areas see some snow as once it becomes reliant on showers from the north west it will be more hit and miss. Of course there is sundays snow but to far out with the track not yet nailed to worry about that.

Posted
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

A121030E-8709-4CEA-8FB0-E90241EDC812.jpeg

Just had a quick conversation with Nick (he is at work)  but he said  5-10 possibly  however quite a few showers so variations on that amount from location to location

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
5 minutes ago, MKN said:

Euro 4 is fairly decent. It would be nice to see a bit more on the front pushing south tomorrow night to ensure alot of areas see some snow as once it becomes reliant on showers from the north west it will be more hit and miss. Of course there is sundays snow but to far out with the track not yet nailed to worry about that.

Maybe not because ive heard others say I think it was from the met office that showers could gang together into longer spells of snow on Friday too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Will try and put together a proper post regarding snow potential for the coming days, as weirpig says I'm at work so might struggle to find time. But Shropshire and Staffordshire could do well overnight on Thursday and into Friday.

Trains of showers piling through the Cheshire Gap could dump some good coverings of snow, but with highly variable amounts locally!

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
56 minutes ago, mr benn said:

I always feel a bit like the boy in the Hans Christian  Anderson  story.  You lot are crying  out for snow...im the boy shouting please not next week as im travelling...

Look at the King...he  is in the altogether 

You're not the only one! I really want to meet up with some friends on Saturday, and there won't be another chance before Christmas. The destination is Worcester, though, which might easily avoid the snow and just have cold drizzle. :p But give me lots of snow on Friday, but roads/railways clear on Saturday before another dumping overnight Sat into Sunday and I'll be a happy hare!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms

Hi fellow Midlanders first time posting. Looks like an exciting time for our region. With 2 to 5cm over most of the region more in the North mids. It does seem this Chesire gap feature has gone under the radar but for the Midlands could be a decent little event. Also looks on latest forecast if our showers are joining into a band of snow that could last a fair few hours. Then we have where will it slide lol. Look forward to having a great winter with you all.

• Like 4

Posted

GFS 0z looks to have Sunday's low a touch further south than the 18z.

Snow from about the Midlands northwards. Perhaps turning to rain for a time across the South Midlands. Rain turning back to snow here and across parts of the south as the system clears.

A way to go on that one though. Could still end up further north or south.

Posted

ECM similary goes a touch further south this morning with Sunday's low. Here are its snow accumulations to the end of Sunday.

E2EAFD7D-5D58-4BC1-8B3B-6DF51B1B9E3F.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Hrmm.... chucking it down here atm....

Bit disappointed this morning with the precipitation forecast from netW but I know that’s the most difficult part to get right. No doubt there will be upgrades and downgrades as this winters rollercoaster has us all fascinated lol.... soon be nowcasting! :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

The Metoffice forecast for Friday is looking good for both Stoke and Birmingham with the heavy snow symbol for most of the day. I'm not relishing the journey home up the M6 in Friday traffic though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
14 minutes ago, RobR said:

The Metoffice forecast for Friday is looking good for both Stoke and Birmingham with the heavy snow symbol for most of the day. I'm not relishing the journey home up the M6 in Friday traffic though.

Yes here too, sleet Sat, heavy snow symbol for Sunday

Posted
5 minutes ago, shaky said:

Jesus 15-20cms of snow by the end of sunday on that ecm!!gona defo be shovelling monday morning at this rate!!

It's in inches.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, shaky said:

Jesus 15-20cms of snow by the end of sunday on that ecm!!gona defo be shovelling monday morning at this rate!!

You have an advantage being east, but this should be decent for all of us, starting 2am Friday, don't need any more northward shifts, 

then the Atlantic breaks through Wednesday, bugger

Posted
Just now, shaky said:

Isnt 6 inches 15cms?!!i hope i aint bodged this up lol?

the amount I got on 19th Nov '96, 18th Jan '13, 23-24 Mar '13

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

You guys are going to have some fun I think. Tomorrow, Sunday and Wednesday. Post plenty of pics.