Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
6 minutes ago, weirpig said:

2-5cm yes  yellow is fine.  But if areas gets to 10-15cm  then disruption will occur  Dudley area as you know would be gridlock.

I agree with this but only because it hasn't happpened in so long, and it's the first one of the winter.

Dudley managed to be gridlock in the pouring rain this morning. Kind of glad I'll be off to work at 4am tomorrow when the roads will be quiet, and there might not be much, if any, snow on the ground yet. However, I drive trams for a living so could be an interesting shift.

Posted
Just now, Gord said:

I agree with this but only because it hasn't happpened in so long, and it's the first one of the winter.

Dudley managed to be gridlock in the pouring rain this morning. Kind of glad I'll be off to work at 4am tomorrow when the roads will be quiet, and there might not be much, if any, snow on the ground yet. However, I drive trams for a living so could be an interesting shift.

Lol  you will soon be on the wolves to brum route.  well in a few years.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Been out and stocked up on essentials :D

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

Lol  you will soon be on the wolves to brum route.  well in a few years.

We're already on that route! It's the Dudley/Merry Hill route we're constructing next. It's more the overhead wires that power the trams I worry about in the icy conditions. Hopefully, as rush hour cranks up, there'll be plenty of my colleagues out there helping to keep it clear. Some of the electrical arcing on top of the tram in icy weather is pretty spectacular though! (Perfectly safe though!)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Just a heads up that a new Midlands weather chat thread will be unlocked soon ready for the wintry excitement from tomorrow onwards. :) Thread is getting quite long!  

Edit: locking this now. New thread coming up :cold: 

Link to new thread: 

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
Adding extra info
  • Like 1