Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

If you have to pop out....do it soon...One wet evening... incoming http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Posted

I heard one rumble of thunder today around 12:30 pm. That's the second this year so far, which is pretty poor. I thought maybe something more might develop but alas no. There's still a slither of Summer left though and Autumn can still give thunderstorms, so maybe something more significant might still pop up?

Posted

Can't post pictures, but there's a nice rainbow outside. It's a double actually with a fainter one above it.

Posted

Cats and dogs here, Burton v B'ham game on the box...dry as a bone.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Heavy showers rattling through here this morning, Temp 11.8c with blustery winds.

Good evening everybody, as some of you may remember earlier this year a move to Scotland looked on for me and my family, sadly that fell thru and we have stayed put until now, yesterday I drove 8 hours to view a property between Rothienorman and Turrif  the property really is out on its own in the middle of no where 150m asl so I'm hoping this will give me the weather fix I so badly need. we will be moving either early or middle of October. I would like to thank everybody here for the wonderful few years of chats and fun its been bloody brilliant to have got to share some good and some bad times with you all. I will still be keeping my eyes on the weather down this way and I do really hope that you all have the winter you wish for coming up.. take care everybody. much love..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The Met Office forecast for the East Midlands, issued just over an hour ago, says' long periods of heavy rain at first....' I took a look at the NW radar expecting to see a large area of rain just to the west but there was nothing more than one or two isolated small showers. It doesn't instil much confidence when a forecast can be issued which is contrary to the evidence right in front of the eyes of anyone who cares to take a look.

• Like 2

Posted

Thick Fog here with some spots of rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer
On 19/08/2017 at 20:05, More Snow said:

Good evening everybody, as some of you may remember earlier this year a move to Scotland looked on for me and my family, sadly that fell thru and we have stayed put until now, yesterday I drove 8 hours to view a property between Rothienorman and Turrif  the property really is out on its own in the middle of no where 150m asl so I'm hoping this will give me the weather fix I so badly need. we will be moving either early or middle of October. I would like to thank everybody here for the wonderful few years of chats and fun its been bloody brilliant to have got to share some good and some bad times with you all. I will still be keeping my eyes on the weather down this way and I do really hope that you all have the winter you wish for coming up.. take care everybody. much love..

Good luck with your move when it happens your new location would certainly see you experience a chance of a real winter if conditions are right the area you are going to is a great location for streamers in winter the elavation may not seem too high but you are a few miles from the sea and that makes all the difference here.

Posted

Glorious evening here with little wind to speak of.

20170824_175103.thumb.jpg.53c8b0b52063198fb20134df064d65b6.jpg

Posted
On 8/12/2017 at 07:23, Dancerwithwings said:

I wonder if we will see 25c again this year :unknw:

It'll be Monday......And a BANK HOLIDAY....Can't be bad :D

On 8/12/2017 at 12:53, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

maybe 12th Sept, to be swept eastwards very quickly on the Wednesday

Would that be the end of the start of this up and coming heatwave :laugh:

Posted

Great Bank Holiday weekend.... 25c yesterday and almost 27c today :D 

Posted

A few light showers here this morning.

Posted

Yesterday was the warmest and sunniest day of the month here with a max' of 22.1c and 11.2 hrs of sunshine. It's the first time since 2005 that the warmest day of August has occurred in the final five days of the month and the first time since 2001 that the last five days have contained the sunniest day.

A very diffferent start to this morning; it's overcast with intermittent light drizzle.

Posted

Light rain here this morning, Temp 10.5c

Posted

Very heavy shower passing through here now. Feeling cooler with temp 12c

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

The rain to the west seems far more advanced than this morning's Met office forecast would suggest. It's current rate of progress indicates the first spots here around 11 a.m but the forecast is going for about 3 p.m onwards.

Currently it's dry with a complete cover of Altostratus.

• Like 1

Posted

It was halfway house with the timing of the  rain; it arrived here around 13.15. Feeling quite autumnal now with light rain, a moderate S/SE wind and the temperature hovering around 12.8c.

Posted

It'll feel very autumnal come tomorrow morning with lots of mist and muck around.

What a difference in what the models were hoping for for the first week in September.

gfs-0-372_lji7.png

Edit.... this the GFS output was back on the 19th August.

Edited by Dancerwithwings

hi everybody, well today the contract for the new house for the More Snow clan has arrived.. its been signed and as of 6th October the MS clan will be relocated to 162m asl 27 west of Aberdeen.. I'm hoping this will give me and my family the final snow fix we need every winter. thanks again for everything from all of you here in this thread over the last few years its been a blast.. will send pictures from Scotland as and when I can...

Posted
1 hour ago, More Snow said:

hi everybody, well today the contract for the new house for the More Snow clan has arrived.. its been signed and as of 6th October the MS clan will be relocated to 162m asl 27 west of Aberdeen.. I'm hoping this will give me and my family the final snow fix we need every winter. thanks again for everything from all of you here in this thread over the last few years its been a blast.. will send pictures from Scotland as and when I can...

I wish you and your family a pleasant 'transition' your current location surely mustn't be that bad? Well compared to my part of lowland London different world. We have had a stretch of woeful winters even Scotland has done quite poorly although you will have a more elevated chance of catching the white stuff, is that what pulled you? 

Posted

Total rainfall here for the 12 months ending with August is 847.1 mm which is 79% of average and  the smallest amount for that particular 12 month period since August 1995 when the total was 788.1mm.

Posted

Moderate rain here with low cloud this morning. Temp 14.5c

Rain 4.8mm 

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Popped into my garden yesterday mid-afternoon to savage an out-of-control bush while the mood took me - weather heavily overcast, gloomy, 16C. Suddenly the cloud broke to a brief sunny interval with an effect akin to opening the oven door - temp. rose 7C in a few seconds! Extraordinary sensation... 

Posted

Moderate showers rattling through here since the early hours. Feeling chilly in the wind.

Temp 10.1c

Rain 7.2mm