Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A dry cloudy morning so far here with some clear patches. Tomorrow looks like a wet day here in the N/Midlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Got down to 9c last night even 13c at 9am this morning with a showery day ahead....I suppose we can't expect '30c some thinks' every day can we :D

PM, I thought we in the Midlands was expecting a day like to day for tomorrow 'Showery' but for tomorrow, less of them! if that makes it any better :hi:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Very wet day, rain nearly all afternoon and radar shows no end soon. No thunder as usual, even with an unstable atmosphere but still possible.

Posted

Moderate rain here now with temp currently 12.3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 hours ago, xSnow said:

Very wet day, rain nearly all afternoon and radar shows no end soon. No thunder as usual, even with an unstable atmosphere but still possible.

missed me to the east, rain sucks anyway so not bothered, no chance of a flash anyway, a completely dry day! very rare

Posted

Hmm. If you looked at the forecasts on the TV right now, it's a clear sunny start to the day. So why am I looking out at thick cloud and drizzle? 

Posted

Bit of a surprise popping up to our southwest. Can see the tops of them. Maybe we will unexpectedly break the 2017 duck this evening at last?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
10 minutes ago, Gord said:

Bit of a surprise popping up to our southwest. Can see the tops of them. Maybe we will unexpectedly break the 2017 duck this evening at last?

moving ESE, look like missing N of the region

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

moving ESE, look like missing N of the region

We have a shower passing through at the moment. This shower doesn't have any history of anything exciting, the ones to the south are hardly active either but 2017 has been so dire...just one rumble will do. Just to get us on the scoreboard at least!

Posted

A nice summers day here with plenty of long sunny spells and hardly any wind after a cloudy drizzley start in the early hours.

Posted
1 hour ago, Polar Maritime said:

A nice summers day here with plenty of long sunny spells and hardly any wind after a cloudy drizzley start in the early hours.

Yes, after my whinge this morning, it cleared up late morning & was a lovely afternoon. The sun at lunchtime was absolutely scorching, any longer than my 20 minutes & I would have burned!

Posted

Persistent moderate sometimes heavy rain now with low cloud, 'Nice behind glass' as we say round here..

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

A torrential downpour followed the clearing of the rain band this afternoon. Electricity free of course. Surprised by how warm it was too, expected a cooling down with the clearer weather, but it was a little muggy if anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Five days left to prevent this July being the first thunder-free one since 1997 here.

Posted

There it is! Just heard it! First thunder of 2017 and quite a close one too.

Better late than never.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Bbc showed thunder for 1600h but all we got here was lite rain showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

:nonono:nothing here! Really am starting to think it is going to take a miracle to get anything around here! 13 months without hearing any thunder is diabolical! Not even a thundery shower like some of the Black country had today! Everything seem to break up as soon as it approaches be it from the southwest or the northeast, i watch in amazement as it spiits then magically forms together 30 miles away! There has to be some reason, it cant just be bad luck anymore! 

Thats my rant over. Roll on tomorrow, off to Skegness to soak up the rain for the week........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
6 minutes ago, Shane Wheeldon said:

:nonono:nothing here! Really am starting to think it is going to take a miracle to get anything around here! 13 months without hearing any thunder is diabolical! Not even a thundery shower like some of the Black country had today! Everything seem to break up as soon as it approaches be it from the southwest or the northeast, i watch in amazement as it spiits then magically forms together 30 miles away! There has to be some reason, it cant just be bad luck anymore! 

Thats my rant over. Roll on tomorrow, off to Skegness to soak up the rain for the week........

I'm having a break in North Lincolnshire this week, in the last hour some cracking lightning shows here...happy is me! I Understand your frustrations though, most lightning storms are hit and miss but I can't remember the last wide spread/across the Midlands full on lightning show we had......seems years ago :blink2:

Posted
17 minutes ago, Shane Wheeldon said:

Only heard a faint rumble in Broseley and that was from a storm just south of Bridgnorth, can't remember if it was last month or month before...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

well, we had a fair few heavy bursts of rain in Tettenhall where I work but no thunder.  Got home to Penn at teatime to be informed they all had a loud clap of thunder amongst all the heavy rain......one clap only....  but its a start!!!!

Posted

Quite funny really, that one single loud clap was heard by many people in the area. Friends on Facebook talking about it too.

Been so long no-ones really used to it anymore!

Posted

Some heavy short showers passing through here.

Posted

Persistent moderate rain has turn heavy for the past 20 minutes, Can still hear the thumping music from the Y Not festival a few miles to my South, what a bog hole that'll be.. I'm certainly not complaining about the rain..

Temp currently 14.3c

Rain today 10.4mm

Edited by Polar Maritime