Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Hideous here. Rain or drizzle all day and so cold, breath visible at 1pm on June 29th!

Wouldn't be surprised if some record low maxes were broken today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Hideous here. Rain or drizzle all day and so cold, breath visible at 1pm on June 29th!

Wouldn't be surprised if some record low maxes were broken today.

and everyone knows my thoughts, I wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of record broken Dec to Feb, strongest gust, wettest day, mildest min/max for certain date

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Oh dear, this forum just shows the amount of non weather that happens here! Storm potential fizzled out into some nice looking clouds.... what is it going to take to get a storm around here, who do we need to sacrifice to the thunder god lol! Its times like this i miss Conor lol! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A hot day here with a max' of 25.9c but still waiting for the first thunder of the year. There were a few large spots of rain around 1750 g.m.t but a look at the NW radar soon revealed it was nothing more than the southern edge of a small shower a few miles to the north.

Posted

Well we've just had a tremendous storm here with lots of lightning, thunder and torrential rain. Only saw one or two cloud to ground flashes as most were inthe cloud.

One was immediately overhead which (a) scared the living daylights out of me and (b) nearly deafened me as it was so loud.

Its now drifted away northeastwards and the clouds were a fantastic pinky orange colour.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

I'm starting to get bored of the weather living in this area. No storms, snow, or anything of interest! We have literally dodged every single storm this year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
11 minutes ago, xSnow said:

I'm starting to get bored of the weather living in this area. No storms, snow, or anything of interest! We have literally dodged every single storm this year!

Never used to be though, we all know winters are milder, but not sure about storms getting more infrequent, but any breakdowns nowadays summer and winter, are a whimper

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Light rain here just starting, Some heavy bursts possible looking at the radar.

Posted

The driest first half of July for 4 years here with just 17.9 mm recorded up to the 15th.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

What a lovely day 8) What makes it even better......................It's a day off from work for me :D

Posted

Not going to bother getting too interested in the "storms". They seem reluctant to come ashore in the SW. 

Are we supposed to be brewing any of our own, or are the 2 over the Channel the total?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Its worth  noting that the storms to the south of us are intensifying over the English Channel , usually they diminish . I think the Midlands will see the worst of the the storms  Nos Da:)

Posted

Are those storms heading north towards us or more easterly towards East Anglia? It looks a bit touch and go if I'm honest...but we've been in this situation before and ended up getting something. Just not this year yet! Haven't heard a single rumble yet in 2017. Bit tricky to tell if tonight will break our duck.

Posted

Thick fog here, and not a spot of rain overnight. Let's hope this afternoon produces something as I'm still waiting for the first day with thunder heard this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Why does it not surprise me that our area has missed out AGAIN! I really would not be surprised if you could find a year to date lightning strikes that you would see the shape of the Midlands. 

I must have subconsciously thought it would be a bust because i watered my new grass last night.... The wife said its going to rain tonight, i just laughed and said when ever the met office stick a warning out for our area its a jinx.. Oh well 14 months and counting since the last time i heard thunder in this area!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Not only did we not see the worst of the storms as we were supposed to, we didn't see any! It shocked me how bad it was and I actually knew by 11pm that they weren't tracking towards us, but I expected something to happen and it never did. It will go down as one of the biggest misses ever, we missed an MSC and then all the other action! Actually, this year is on par as going down as the worst year ever for thunderstorms in the West Midlands. I actually cannot remember a worse year. An incredible map to show how we missed out:

IMG_5100.thumb.PNG.dfe3e5bdba1c2768e9583d5b6a940ec9.PNG

Quite similar to the last major event this year:

IMG_4954.thumb.PNG.1bf90a0486c63482cd6a6209d02c7a4a.PNG

Edited by xSnow
  • Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, xSnow said:

I actually cannot remember a worse year.

There hasnt be a worse year here in the past 4.6 billion years!  (You cant get worse than absolutely nothing at all -  not even the merest hint of a distant rumble or flash)

• Like 1

Posted

And on a seperate note, it also remains extremely dry - just 12mm this month and a little over 200mm for the year

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Only a few spots of rain about half an hour ago not hint of thunder though.

Posted

Thought I might have heard very faint and distant rumbles in the far distance earlier this morning when I was half asleep, but now I'm not so sure. 

What is going on here. I'm starting to wonder whether we'll see any thunder at all in this area this year. Any chance of anything still developing today?