Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Heavy sleet here now.Nice surprise.But I'd certainly prefer the sun of yesterday morning to this!!.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Turning to sleet here now with some wet snow in the mix.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
5 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Turning to sleet here now with some wet snow in the mix.

You beat me to it P.M. Moderate-heavy wet snow at the moment, just beginning to settle in the grass. Temp' is 1.3c. As I type it's eased off to light-moderate sleet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, C11ady said:

Winter over here.

I was thinking Buxton in for a dumping, when I had heavy wet snow here for around 40 minutes, 9am ish, was a surprise to see

Posted

Sleet and the odd big wet flake continues here. There was a covering of wet snow in Buxton earlier when I made a quick dash up the A515 to Morrisons. The higher hills around me here are still white over above around 420m. 

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
12 hours ago, i love snow said:

To my surprise.(currently in rugeley) the rain is turning to snow here with snow flakes the size of bowling balls. 

tenpin? exaggeration surely! I have tenpin ball, golf balls more like size of flakes, mine were I think

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
9 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Vile, Cheshire Gap night, wonder if it will ever dry up properly

Yep, 5.2mms here last night here.

Dry,but cloudy  at the moment, Temp of 4.5C currently

MIA.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Yep, 5.2mms here last night here.

Dry,but cloudy  at the moment, Temp of 4.5C currently

MIA.

Nothing at all here. The rain came within about 5 miles of my location and then slid away to the south, dying out on its eastern edge  at the same time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
6 minutes ago, Terminal Moraine said:

Nothing at all here. The rain came within about 5 miles of my location and then slid away to the south, dying out on its eastern edge  at the same time.

Quite annoying really for me.

Several times when the temp was low we were forecast a Cheshire gap streamer, but nothing turned up around here.

As soon as they fall as rain then bang - straight over us...

:cc_confused::nonono:

MIA

Posted
8 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Quite annoying really for me.

Several times when the temp was low we were forecast a Cheshire gap streamer, but nothing turned up around here.

As soon as they fall as rain then bang - straight over us...

:cc_confused::nonono:

MIA

partly to do with TMW, never used to be the case before 2000, Stafford used to do very well

Posted

I've recorded almost as much sunshine in the first 9 days of March as in the whole of February. 34.0 hrs so far this month and 34.5 hrs in February. Today was the sunniest of the year so far with just over 8.3 hrs.

• Like 1

Posted

A dull damp drizzly morning here with low cloud.

My final month here in the Midlands thread, from the 1st of April i will be joining the Scotland thread, we finally got the house we wanted. 218m asl in the Lammermuir Hills East Lothian.. im expecting my Snow chances to increase for next Autumn and Winter...

Posted
2 hours ago, More Snow said:

My final month here in the Midlands thread, from the 1st of April i will be joining the Scotland thread, we finally got the house we wanted. 218m asl in the Lammermuir Hills East Lothian.. im expecting my Snow chances to increase for next Autumn and Winter...

I don't think you'll be disappointed MS, other than the high mountains the Lammermuirs must be one of the snowiest areas of Britain.

Posted

A damp cloudy morning here today with temp currently at 8.7c and a light W/S/W wind.

first time since end of October ive not had the heating on in the morning, very grey and murky out there today. despite this its actually not to bad out there.

Posted

Squally showers rattling through here this afternoon with gusty winds.

Posted

Some lovely rainbows here today.

20170319_150206_Richtone(HDR).thumb.jpg.9ee1ff0c06ebc15ed27e1a6ab2cfc934.jpg

Posted

The combined rainfall total for Friday and Saturday at the Cat and Fiddle, on the western side of the Peak District, was 46.6 mm. Just 20 miles to the south east I recorded 6.7 mm over the same period. A classic example of the rain shadow effect.

Posted

Moderate rain all day with some sleet in the afternoon here and has just turned heavy with the sky black, Will be interesting what rainfall the Davis shows by the end of the day, As must be the wettest for some considerable time.

Posted
16 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Moderate rain all day with some sleet in the afternoon here and has just turned heavy with the sky black, Will be interesting what rainfall the Davis shows by the end of the day, As must be the wettest for some considerable time.

luckily just missed me to the east