Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
15 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Looks ok but will we get any precipitation 

Noted....Still a rash of showers to the west on the latest Sat....Inroads that's the Q

Capture.thumb.PNG.8093554eb4b56c678a20a7e67ee60141.PNG

Edit.... cyclonic happiness...You beat me....The above... Just adding to what you've just mentioned :hi:

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted

Heavy snow for 45 mins this afternoon....1cm covering on cars, paths, grass, roof.....melted to slush an hour later.... went from 6c to 0.5c in ten minutes of showers starting.... happy day as completed and got keys to new house.....woohoo....finally....never thought itd happen.... off to luton tomorrow for family funeral so sad day tomorrow.... might come back into snowy peaks wednesday if latest hirlam is to be trusted..... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

visited friends just, they said snow shower in SE Stafford, 113m asl, this afternoon! certainly nothing in town where I was at 81m asl

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Moderate snow atm with around 3cm cover.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The lower limit of lying snow here is 240m. There's 1.5cm at 300m and 2cm at 340 m; the heaviest showers were always to the north and west of here though.

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Both Clee Hills were white over this morning at 8am

Posted

Very light dusting of snow here this morning. The best bit about this morning was the view across to the Shropshire Hills that we have from here. Bright morning sunshine and white hills in the distance. Beautiful. Sleetly rain  here now with the occasional flake. Pretty miserable turnaround after that lovely start to the day. 

Posted

Surprisingly it's turning into heavy wet snow here. Must be under a heavier burst. I suppose how high up I am helps. Would be interesting to see what it's like down the road as you go down the hill. Easing off and getting back to more sleety again. I'm making this sound more exciting than it actually is. Still a miserable afternoon! 

Edited by Gord
  • Like 1