Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Bits of debris from the chimney in our garden, and 2 trees down up the road with 1 fell on a house!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot
1 hour ago, Terminal Moraine said:

At 350 m the mean speed here is 53 mph with a gust of 75 mph. That's over a period of 10 minutes, with a hand held anemometer, about 15 mintues ago.

We managed 73mph sustained with all Port of Liverpool operations suspended.  Newly repaired fence damaged again.  Still very gusty but rain stopped.

Not posted in the wrong forum: Meteorologically speaking  Cheshire is in the Midlands - dividing line is Mersey-Humber. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

A damaging day locally but mainly to fences and garden objects not tied down. If this was America some houses would have probably had lots of damage due to being wooden but our fairly solid structures feel quite safe even during the peak winds. Midlands Today reported Stoke at 60mph and Leek reaching 70mph. I think Leeks station is at Thorncliffe which is the village below the hills. I drove that way today and Thorncliffe was quite calm at the time, but as I drove up to 1500ft it turned nasty with driving sleet and sustained winds must have been 60mph+.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

This was Doris up on the Peak District. Here I was hiding behind the car as it was so strong: https://youtu.be/80y2xdyhP0w

This was a badly front faced video which I struggled to shoot due to the wind blowing my phone and me around but you get a better idea of the noise/wind speed: https://youtu.be/A9UOw0v9leg

And one more: https://youtu.be/GSs4ab3qZvs

Edited by RobR

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A windy dull day here with driving drizzle. 

Temp 6.9c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Hi all,

Been meaning to come on since Storm Doris. What a wild day that was. Trees, fences and even trampolines felt the full force of Doris around here. I take it that Storm Ewan is going to be north of us this time, winds are certainly picking up though.

Edited by WalsallWeather

Posted

I know it's a bit of a long shot, but late tomorrow could potentially give members a surprise or two. Looks as though any snow will likely hit the north west and north Wales at the moment and looks as though some showers could be quite heavy and I assume it can't be ruled out coming this way completely. I wouldn't be surprised to hear reports from the Peak District at least. I'm by no means getting my hopes up or really expecting it, but it would be nice wouldn't it, and it would to a degree make Winter 2016/17 seem more worthwhile with such an outcome in its final couple of days. At least then it would go out on a more positive note.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

I know it's a bit of a long shot, but late tomorrow could potentially give members a surprise or two. Looks as though any snow will likely hit the north west and north Wales at the moment and looks as though some showers could be quite heavy and I assume it can't be ruled out coming this way completely. I wouldn't be surprised to hear reports from the Peak District at least. I'm by no means getting my hopes up or really expecting it, but it would be nice wouldn't it, and it would to a degree make Winter 2016/17 seem more worthwhile with such an outcome in its final couple of days. At least then it would go out on a more positive note.

Hope so 

hopefully driving home from shawbury into heavy snow showers !!! 

Stranger things have happened 

think I woke to snow on Sunday April 17 last year so loads of time left :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
6 hours ago, nobble said:

Hope so 

hopefully driving home from shawbury into heavy snow showers !!! 

Stranger things have happened 

think I woke to snow on Sunday April 17 last year so loads of time left :)

Stranger things have happened like -7 to -9 uppers and rain and even stranger at 300m.....so who knows :D

• Like 1

Posted

Moderate sometimes heavy rain here this morning with some sleet mixing in just now.

Temp 3.1c

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted

Moderate wet snow shower just past through, Temp certainly dropping here now.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
14 minutes ago, Weatherman662 said:

Snowing here . Seems way too warm ...

Even though tempretures are above freezing, the lower DPs are making their way to us now, turning some showers wintry :)

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Soft hail showers here 

Temps 6'c

Dew point 2.5'c

dew point 1.7'c now

Posted

Nothing on drive home , although the 2.30pm hail snow shower we had in shawbury must have been beefy here in pelsall as remnants are up sides of garden !!!

Posted

Looks as though some members have seen snow, though only in the north of the region and by the sounds of it not that much. Nothing here of course, so far at least. We've had rain though, there's reports of hail showers around, but if we had one here, I missed it been at work. There's dark clouds in the distance, but they seem to be moving away, with blue sky above. Feels a bit chilly in the breeze, but not very cold by any means.

Posted

A covering of around 2cm of snow here now after the last heavy snow shower.

Temp 0.8c

Dp 0c

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Temps dropping :cold:

4.0C Dew's at 1.1c

Showers may produce the odd flake here overnight.

One eye on tomorrow morning ATM.....Ya never Know :drunk-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Just over one cm of lying snow here after a heavy snow shower between 1615 and 1645.

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Looks ok but will we get any precipitation 

Lots in the south west heading this way in showers. 

Dew point now 0.3'c!!!!