Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Still drizzle and light rain- haven't even had an air frost out of this "cold snap". Even when a few flakes were falling it wouldn't drop below zero, now we have this 3C and drizzle all day. I didn't expect a snowfest- 2 or 3cms would have been a good result- but neither did I expect rain, drizzle, no subzero temps from -9 uppers on an easterly in early February. And even places at 250-300m struggling for any lying snow. 850hpa level must be about 3000m up in this airmass?

• Like 2

Posted
46 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

I was wondering if there was any reports of the S word, looking at the ('mobile app 'Net weather snow radar) its starting to look a little interesting,  look east, incoming maybe???

100% snow now 

very light gentle flakes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
24 minutes ago, Diamond Joe said:

Way ahead of you Dancer got that and another 15 million weather apps on phone lol

With all these 15 billion weather apps your got, any joy regarding the S word for us all then :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
1 minute ago, cyclonic happiness said:

0.3'c now, and the radar shows mostly sleet :-(

Screenshot_2017-02-11-20-30-48.png

If and when it actually gets here let's see what falls from the sky before we say game over. U just never no

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Temperature rising and dew points unfavourable, cue heavier precipitation from east!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

With all these 15 billion weather apps your got, any joy regarding the S word for us all then :D

every single one hedging its bets with a mix of snow and rain, im not hopeful if im honest but one has to dream that we can see at least a bit more than this mornings mess

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Hi all looking good for you lot within the next couple of hours. Perfect timing with it coming at night, enjoy.

Hi  Jay...

looks like it is  just sleet,  but thanks for the best wishes.

My temp has just gone up to 2C now (its highest of the day), The dew point is just hanging on at -0.1C,

So we will have to wait and see.

MIA 

Posted
9 minutes ago, nobble said:

100% snow now 

very light gentle flakes

Visiting friends this evening, Just driven back home with sleety, snowy bits on the window screen at times....so the fat ladies ain't singing just yet!!!

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

2.3 here now constant drizzle, just just maybe that stuff in the east may get to us at the right moment when it is the purfect condition for S!  Ha ha who am I kidding it will be rain all the way!! 

P.s and the fact all the PPN is going north or braking up :(:( 

Edited by #windysnow#

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Raining here now,so this cold spell is coming to an end.We had a slight covering this morning which lasted no more than 2 hours.Roll on Spring this winter has been so dull and damp and snowless!

• Like 1

Posted

Dew point at 2.2c and 2m temp at 2.5c....Fat ladies have left the Building :cray:

Posted

Hi all,

Long time lurker here!

Thought this weekend would be good for snow, it snowed here most of yesterday but didn't settle.

Just been outside, feels mild and damp now after a cold morning.

Is this the end of the cold spell?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I've just had one of those moments of clarity......most people on here come in because they don't trust or believe the METO.....all the people in the MOD thread are trying to gazump the METO, where as they really wished they worked for them because the METO have access to so much more data that anything available to public access on the web!

Everyone talks about winters and snow in the 80's, 70's and that they were better but actually they had just as rubbish winters but no one spend time talking and analysing them on the web...cos it didn't exist!!

Ive realised that actually the METO have forecast this very accurately and actually I'm sad for trying to look for something thats not there or going to happen. I've been really  grumpy all day because it has not snowed!! How sad!! If I love the snow that much I should move to Sweden or Finland etc, that ain't going to happen so, my conclusion is that I'm goin to stop searching for hope on here from so called experts and actually listen to the experts as then I can't be dissapointed!!! Goodbye :)

• Like 6

Posted
20 minutes ago, #windysnow# said:

I've just had one of those moments of clarity......most people on here come in because they don't trust or believe the METO.....all the people in the MOD thread are trying to gazump the METO, where as they really wished they worked for them because the METO have access to so much more data that anything available to public access on the web!

Everyone talks about winters and snow in the 80's, 70's and that they were better but actually they had just as rubbish winters but no one spend time talking and analysing them on the web...cos it didn't exist!!

Ive realised that actually the METO have forecast this very accurately and actually I'm sad for trying to look for something thats not there or going to happen. I've been really  grumpy all day because it has not snowed!! How sad!! If I love the snow that much I should move to Sweden or Finland etc, that ain't going to happen so, my conclusion is that I'm goin to stop searching for hope on here from so called experts and actually listen to the experts as then I can't be dissapointed!!! Goodbye :)

I agree, lots of 'hope casting' goes on here, guess I do the same ;o)

Best to listen to the experts, TWO has a much higher calibre of weather experts than this forum, usually my go to place, worth a look.  I do like this site for the community/friendly aspect, also much more accessible due to us all being amateurs.

Let's hope for a bit more snow before the winter is done, if it isn't already!!!

Posted
5 minutes ago, pjsnow said:

I agree, lots of 'hope casting' goes on here, guess I do the same ;o)

Best to listen to the experts, TWO has a much higher calibre of weather experts than this forum, usually my go to place, worth a look.  I do like this site for the community/friendly aspect, also much more accessible due to us all being amateurs.

Let's hope for a bit more snow before the winter is done, if it isn't already!!!

Seriously? Codge and browny! 

• Like 2

Posted

They do seem to call it well (even if you don't like their manner)!

Sorry, just read this back, I am not suggesting this site does not have insightful contributors, you all seem a friendly bunch too :o)

Edited by pjsnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Dew point now above freezing and drizzle setting in.

MIA