Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Actually getting a few flakes per second here at the moment. Tiny flakes though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow
2 hours ago, weirpig said:

Yep will be marginal come Saturday  when the heavy precipitation is due to come through   elevation sounds the key.

marginal yet again.  if only we had some big mountains in this country.  Even Ben Nevis is peanuts.  we need a 6000 ft plus mountain....but we can't even have that :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Anyone noticed that streamer that is starting to develop just above the wash???? 

Forecasts for Saturday temps now raising by the hour tonight has to be our best hope for lying snow tomorrow?

Another question should there be a Thread for 36 to 48 hour models as the the MOD thread our always looking past 6 days onwards which they never seem to get right as it's so unpredictable. Or is that what the regional threads are for???

Posted
3 minutes ago, #windysnow# said:

Anyone noticed that streamer that is starting to develop just above the wash???? 

Forecasts for Saturday temps now raising by the hour tonight has to be our best hope for lying snow tomorrow?

Another question should there be a Thread for 36 to 48 hour models as the the MOD thread our always looking past 6 days onwards which they never seem to get right as it's so unpredictable. Or is that what the regional threads are for???

(I'm from the SE chat just visiting to see how the weather is over in the midlands)

I noticed the showers pepping up in the wash.. i can see them outside my window over the sea missing me by only several miles :wallbash:

Posted
12 minutes ago, shaky said:

Can you post some charts mate!!!starting to get excited lol!!

Gfs has moved the heavier precip rowards NE mids.cant poat charts on my fone but you can see them on wz..

• Like 1

Posted

Shaky, summersun has posted a chart for the weekend, midlands well covered, by sunday though its a desert

Its in the north east thread..

Edited by northwestsnow

Posted

Some charts  from the euro 4  shows plenty of showers  also the aperge  and arome keeps us under the showers  may not be a lot but should see some falling 

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.png

image.png

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Saturday's fax charts, a more organised band of sleet and SNOW ;-)

fax48s_oqg5.gif

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Delka said:

(I'm from the SE chat just visiting to see how the weather is over in the midlands)

I noticed the showers pepping up in the wash.. i can see them outside my window over the sea missing me by only several miles :wallbash:

Welcome from the SE thread Delka we go to Sunny Hunny a lot lovely place.

I think you and me need the wind to turn slightly more NNE for that streamer.

its still building though. I think we METO have their eyes on it to, as our forecast has changed to light snow now during the night, let's hope the streamer builds and our forecast changes to heavy snow. The kids want an early start to half term!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

its still building though. I think we METO have their eyes on it to, as our forecast has changed to light snow now during the night, let's hope the streamer builds and our forecast changes to heavy snow. The kids want an early start to half term!!

'alf term? ours isn't until 20th? I know it varies through the UK

Posted
2 hours ago, Delka said:

Very fine flakes in the air now

Posted

There's the tiniest of tiny snowflakes coming down, which can only be seen in the full glare of our security light. It's technically snowing though. Just have to hope now we get some heavier showers which settle between now and early next week before the milder air arrives.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

There's the tiniest of tiny snowflakes coming down, which can only be seen in the full glare of our security light. It's technically snowing though. Just have to hope now we get some heavier showers which settle between now and early next week before the milder air arrives.

Don't like to disappoint but the milder weather could be here by Saturday lunch time :( 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, #windysnow# said:

Don't like to disappoint but the milder weather could be here by Saturday lunch time :( 

yes, certainly looks like turning less cold from the east, not looking forward to Saturdays rain, but generally like the 12Z's, as a dry/settled weather fan they look good, after Saturday hopefully not much rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I won't be.............................As long as I have a foot of it between now and then :D

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Dancerwithwings said:

I won't be.............................As long as I have a foot of it between now and then :D

Ha ha that's exactly what I want!!! I just hope those showers in the North Sea travel further enough inland on the wind as they coud deliver a nice covering as the ground will nice and cold.

the ideal scenario for me is a good inch between 9 and 2 am then a hard frost :):) 

• Like 1