Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A thin covering of snow remains this morning from yesterday evening down to 270m. Temp currently -0.1c with clear sky's. 

• Like 1

nice little bit of snow over night.. wasnt expecting that, good to see the models starting to show up with some interesting output.. could we be on for a cold Feb like the early 80's i wouldnt say no to that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A cold and foggy day for the most part. It's taken all day to thaw this morning's snow cover but 50% cover was lost by about 1930. The current temp' is 4.5c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I know one thing, Sunday looking soggy again, not unusual for a wet Sunday, dry Sat and Sun night, and dry Sunday for Scotland

Posted

Next week colder.... snow maybe.... if anything white hills, frost and sunshine.... my favourite if we dont have snow up here...

after an extra three weeks of pain with peeps im buying off of....been waiting to move for ten months....im getting keys to new house in three weeks.... and two brand new rentals just north of here in six weeks.... as well as my home renting in three weeks.... the end of winter would be nicely polished off with a bit more prolonged snow...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Pouring with rain here, wind blowing a gale outside. Feels like a proper winter day. 

Edit: Are we in line for that deepening low out in the Atlantic or is it more likely to hit France? Can't find anything about it on here. 

Edited by Barbmac

Posted
5 hours ago, Barbmac said:

Pouring with rain here, wind blowing a gale outside. Feels like a proper winter day. 

Edit: Are we in line for that deepening low out in the Atlantic or is it more likely to hit France? Can't find anything about it on here. 

wouldn't say winters day, I'd say more like autumn

this looks interesting as a battle sets up this time next week, setup on this run too far east, but east midlands will see a dumping if this run comes off, FI though

h850t850eu.png

Posted

Sleet falling here. The temperature has fallen from 5.1c half an hour ago to 1.2c now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Just got a feeling that the band of precipitation that is forecast to cross our region Saturday Night, could produce some wet snow.

Posted
5 hours ago, Sparkiee storm said:

Just got a feeling that the band of precipitation that is forecast to cross our region Saturday Night, could produce some wet snow.

high elevations only! today 5 years ago Sat 4th Feb was very snowy here!

Posted

A few sleet showers here around midnight and shortly after.

It's a sign of hard times when I'm posting about every passing sleet shower in the middle of winter!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Mean while over on the Model thread mayhem has broken out as the GFS has finally climbed onto the back of the Euros, and has produced an absolutely stonking run for us!

It shows light snow flurries starting later this week and then produces several days of continuous snow  (2 -3) followed by snow showers from the East.   Guess that a foot would be widespread  :yahoo:

I always thought the GFS was the best  model!:D:D

Whats the betting that the Euros now pull back!

Anyway its cheered up my sunday!

MIA 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Haven't mentioned anything up to now, but yes an easterly is due :)

Ive been watching this for over a week now.....tempted to give it a :yahoo: at times

But held back :unsure2: we've seen these models and there output promise COLD COLD COLD:cold-emoji: and for it fall away :(

Now though I'm getting excited.....as earlier as midweek the easterly will start to show it's hand :cold:

Look forward in showing some colder charts over the coming days.....UPGRADES :D

uksnowrisk.pngA very wintry outlook like this will done me just fine:help:

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 3

Posted
5 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Haven't mentioned anything up to now, but yes an easterly is due :)

Ive been watching this for over a week now.....tempted to give it a :yahoo: at times

But held back :unsure2: we've seen these models and there output promise COLD COLD COLD:cold-emoji: and for it fall away :(

Now though I'm getting excited.....as earlier as midweek the easterly will start to show it's hand :cold:

Look forward in showing some colder charts over the coming days.....UPGRADES :D

uksnowrisk.pngA very wintry outlook like this will done me just fine:help:

Hi there DWW...

Back from my winter dreams....

Lets wake this forum up!!!

The 12;00 GFS is still very cold and getting even colder going out to the end. (2 weeks!) of the run. It is not as snowy as the 06;00  previous run.

METO is remaining constant and unwavering, although it is  now suggesting a slow moving area of snow for next weekend.:yahoo:

GEM just doesn't want it to warm up.. ever I :D:cold:think!

All models are now pointing towards a blocked easterly spell  for most of February.:)

ECM still to come .... Don't let it backtrack and I think we are on.:diablo:

The colder air is now expected to be arriving on Wednesday.

They are foreseeing a rain to snow event for the Peak District north. Each run is seeing progressively colder upper temperatures reaching the UK. Could we be lucky even earlier than the weekend?.

Wha-hey guys... This could be the best cold  spell in years.:D:D:D:hi:

MIA:yahoo:

Right now ---- lets have no negativity from the Staffordshirdshire area  :friends:

• Like 1

Posted

-1.4c jet is much further south currently,had quite a few air frosts this winter so far.

Still got some milder air coming in then a COL of pretty cold midweek,then Russia is coming here.

Posted

Following on from my post yesterday.

ECM brought everyone down (I must have put a jinx on it), with a total outlier . Where did that come from?.

However it returned to the fold this morning. Still very cold this weekend and we could well have 2 - 4inches on sunday.

After then it starts to get  more complicated,  with the Azores high trying to get in on the act.

Could go two ways now -

1) Ridges over the UK, and it is likely the cold spell will be temporary, though with hard night frosts. 

2 ) It goes further west and north. Then it could be game on... With a link up between the highs over Iceland and Scandi we could be in the freezer for a month or more.

Still we will have a 4 or 5 day cold spell now to look forward to, with increasing opportunities for snow around the MIdlands.

So lets keep the mood high in here.:yahoo::cold::)

Edit just to say we hit a low of -3,4C this morning, a high of 5.3C at lunchtime, and we are now dropping to 4.5C as the heavy rain (with a bit of sleet on car windscreen) swept in one and a half hours ago. 

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted

Sleet here with the temp' currently on 2.4c.

Posted

Cold raw day today max of 3.6c then the rain flakes of wet snow and grapuel came, temp dropped to 2.1c this afternoon,now strong SSE winds howling out there.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Sleet here trying to turn to snow in the heavy burst.