Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!
3 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

Almost totally gone, Sun out, just like an April snowfall. Nice to see some on the ground at last though.

My 3 year old was so excited this morning taking him to nursery, he said can we play in it later, finishes at 11:30, i said we will see. Poor lad is going to be gutted. Its the 1st snow that he has seen. Was nice while it was down. You get used to disappointment weather wise living in Shropshire tho :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzards, Hoarfrost, Frost and Extremes

Didn't see a flake in Nottingham this morning and then drove through a blizzard on the A50 as heading into Burton-Upon-Trent where I work! They have had quite a nice covering there, Nott's usual snow shield in force no doubt! 

Posted

Been down to walk the dog at Himley Plantation near Wombourne this morning. Surprised me how little snow there was on the ground compared to up here in Gornal. All melting now of course, shows how a NWerly an never really bring the real cold we yearn to see. We can squeeze a lot of snow from a NW set up, we just can't keep the snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

not a bad trough! hour of heavy snow, but expecting thaw today, meant to be upto 4°, mild sector must have been just west of me!

Posted
5 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

not a bad trough! hour of heavy snow, but expecting thaw today, meant to be upto 4°, mild sector must have been just west of me!

Oh yeah, not a bad effort at all. Not complaining one bit. But the wait for a true cold blast continues as far as I'm concerned.

There were some reports of some sleet and rain this morning not too far away, so we did well there too.

Glad I'm working this weekend as things default back to being less interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Occurred to me that we have had the deepest snow in a couple of years and no weather warning. Maybe this is the large teapot afterall...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

This was the sum total last night here in Bewdley. As deep as it got, yet still the first covering I've seen at all here for nearly two years! There was one very brief flurry around breakfast time, too. Now sunny and it's all gone, but the wind's making it feel very cold. :cold:

localsnow.jpg

Posted

Wouldn't take the snow accumulation charts from the Euro4 seriously. It showed no accumulation here last night and we ended up with 2 inches.

Looks like decent conditions for another Cheshire Gap streamer tonight.

Posted

Another triple M snowfall, (melted mid morning.

So not good enough I'm afraid.

Can we not just have a fall that lasts 24 hours on the ground please winter???

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Another triple M snowfall, (melted mid morning.

So not good enough I'm afraid.

Can we not just have a fall that lasts 24 hours on the ground please winter???

Yes full thaw, as expected as 4° always forecast, miles too warm for snow to stay, I expect it to stay though over 300m

Posted
28 minutes ago, Sweatyman said:

Showers getting going to the nw again...

Seeing we had a little bit of light rain through here around an hour ago, I wouldn't hold out hope for them. Too warm now.

Posted
2 hours ago, Gord said:

Been down to walk the dog at Himley Plantation near Wombourne this morning. Surprised me how little snow there was on the ground compared to up here in Gornal. All melting now of course, shows how a NWerly an never really bring the real cold we yearn to see. We can squeeze a lot of snow from a NW set up, we just can't keep the snow.

All down to altitude  gord  Wombourne is quite low down

Posted

Shower here, and surprisingly it's wet snow. Temp is actually warmer than when it was raining yesterday afternoon, or sleety rain not far away this morning. Some things about the weather will never make sense.....

• Like 1

Posted

Temperatures only around 2-3c down on what is forecasted for the upcoming mild spell. Sleety rain shower blowing through right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy
11 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

Shower here, and surprisingly it's wet snow. Temp is actually warmer than when it was raining yesterday afternoon, or sleety rain not far away this morning. Some things about the weather will never make sense.....

Dew points are a hell of a lot lower though, that's the more important factor! :)

Had a covering here this morning was nice to see been 12 months since last snow here. tonight is looking interesting and i think we will see more action many of us..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

The wind direction is taking a more northerly direction with a proper streamer forming around the late hours, early hours. Maybe Birmingham will get something notable for once?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Just had a rain to hail to snow shower in Solihull, lasting all of 2 minutes.....

Temp started at 5.5C.

Dropped to 4.7C, by the end of it, and it is now down to 3.5C. However the Dewpoint was -0.6C at the start and is now -0.2C... that is why we are getting these wintry showers!"

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Raining here in Bewdley (just rain, not a hint of sleetiness) and it's gone very dark. Wind's got up again, too.

Posted

A real mix blowing through here now. Rain, sleet occasionally turning to just snow.

A wintry shower if you like!