Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

BBC mentioned something wintry for next weekend but the detail is open to :whistling:

further runs needed :drunk-emoji:

Capture.PNGUW144-21_sfr4.GIF

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and warmth in summer Snow and ice in winter

Posted

Q4P...I'm one for clutching at straws but even when that front has been and gone, temps at lowest will be around 3c to 4c, won't be until the evening that temps will drop further.

JUST FROST AT BEST.....OH WELL!!!  AT LEAST IT WILL BE WHITE..'ISH :cold: 

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/de/show_diagrams.aspx?model=gfs&var=92&lat=52.4814&lon=-1.8998&lid=OP&country=de&zip=&bw=False

Just for you Telford  http://www.wetterzentrale.de/de/show_diagrams.aspx?model=gfs&var=92&lat=52.6766&lon=-2.4493&lid=OP&country=de&zip=&bw=False

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Moderate rain here and feeling raw and cooling.

Temp 3.8c

Dp 2.7c

You never know..

a.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

I'm staying in the Peak District not far from Matlock and we have some very wet flakes mixed in with the rain here 

Posted
11 minutes ago, Snowsie said:

I'm staying in the Peak District not far from Matlock and we have some very wet flakes mixed in with the rain here 

What alt are you at Snowsie? Matlock is only 8ish miles from me here as the crow flies.

Nothing here yet but cold rain, Temps are dropping though.. The higher hills behind me are turning milky blure in the heavy'r bursts.

Currently 2.5c

Dp 1.7c

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Wish this naff cold front would hurry up and sod off. Pound to a penny if there was snow on the back edge it would have whistled through. This one being cold rain (bit of sleet higher up) its dawdling and dragging its feet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)
6 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

What alt are you at Snowsie? Matlock is only 8ish miles from me here as the crow flies.

Nothing here yet but cold rain, Temps are dropping though.. The higher hills behind me are turning milky blure in the heavy'r bursts.

Currently 2.5c

Dp 1.7c

I'm not sure of alt here when I googled it says 241 m. We are at Darwin Forest, Darley Moor at the top of sydnope hill

Posted
13 minutes ago, Snowsie said:

I'm not sure of alt here when I googled it says 241 m. We are at Darwin Forest, Darley Moor at the top of sydnope hill

Ahh yes used to go swimming there.. Your in a good spot with elevation and there is some sleet now showing on the V7 radar.

Edit: Sleet here now.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Persistent sleet here with the temp' currently at 2.2c. This follows the first completely snowless December since I started keeping records in 1963.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Terminal Moraine said:

This follows the first completely snowless December since I started keeping records in 1963.

Blimey T.M.. Let's 'hope' January comes out better.

Sleet continues here.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
1 hour ago, Polar Maritime said:

Blimey T.M.. Let's 'hope' January comes out better.

Sleet continues here.

Try a snowless 2016.. Let's hope 2017 comes out better :santa-emoji:  Happy Snowy New Year to you all :D

• Like 1

Posted

Sleet/rain has eased here with a raw Northerly wind.

Temp 2.5c

Wind Chill -1.6c

Rain 4.8mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

6.0mms of rain and still slight to moderate rain falling here.

Temp of 5.6C at 9:00 now down to 3.2C with a keen wind from the NNE.

MIA

defo some snow mixed in with the final part of that rain band.... lets all hope the first day of 2017 is just the start of things to come.....

Posted

Currently, 1.0c and clear, frost just starting to form.....tomorrow night is the cold one after a 3c high for tomorrow day time :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Currently, 1.0c and clear, frost just starting to form.....tomorrow night is the cold one after a 3c high for tomorrow day time :cold:

Thursday looking like coldest

Posted

Lovely day out, Went for a walk with the Mutt to Thorp Cloud up the road in Edale.

20170102_112455_Richtone(HDR).jpg

20170102_111902_Richtone(HDR).jpg

• Like 2