Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Sounded windy from the NE last night,and sleet and wet snow falling in the early hours,a layer of slush on the vehical and bin.

2.2c now.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Interesting update from met ofice for peak distict, going for temporary accumulations of 10-20cm tomorrow.... dont know how 10-20cm could be temporary but.....ties in with arome charts for tomorrow.....

IMG_1232.PNG

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Snow on the Clee Hills this morning.

Edited by kar999

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
3 hours ago, WillinGlossop said:

Interesting update from met ofice for peak distict, going for temporary accumulations of 10-20cm tomorrow.... dont know how 10-20cm could be temporary but.....ties in with arome charts for tomorrow.....

IMG_1232.PNG

Just a shame the snow is forecast to be above 500m.

Posted

Persistent moderate sometimes heavy rain, Temp 3c 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

Absolutely horrible here in Coventry. Heavy persistent rain and bitterly cold :cold: 

not really cold! even by looks of it not even cold at 305m asl with just rain, 0nly Nov I know

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
13 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

not really cold! even by looks of it not even cold at 305m asl with just rain, 0nly Nov I know

Feels cold when all you have on is jeans and a jumper :rofl: forgot to take my coat up to my girlfriend's at the weekend. It was dry when I left on Friday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
40 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

No, not really that cold but it certainly feels it with a temp' of 3.0c, a mean wind speed of 27 mph and continuous moderate rain. I wouldn't want to be dry stone walling in it for 8 hours.

• Like 1

Posted

Coldest day so far 2.2c currently with wet snow,was rain/sleet.

Very windy again from the NE and about the coldest feeling day out.

Posted

What a god awful day!

Been raining here for practically 2 days now, there must be some pretty bad flooding about?

Just about to get another heavy pulse of rain over us. (no doubt there won't be any precipitation when all is right for snowfall)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
8 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

What a god awful day!

Been raining here for practically 2 days now, there must be some pretty bad flooding about?

Just about to get another heavy pulse of rain over us. (no doubt there won't be any precipitation when all is right for snowfall)

Nope, no PPN around when the cold air arrives :rofl:

Think of how much snow we'd have on the ground now if it had been 3c cooler when that rain arrived on Saturday night and also last night and today. Would be looking at snow in depths of feet! 

• Like 3

Posted

Absolutely vile, been raining nonstop since before 7am. It also forgot to actually get light today.

Yesterday evening there was a frost forming. It seems that in the last 3 years, any precipitation raises the temperature, even with cold air in place to start it can't turn to (or stay as) snow. Only November so let's hope it gets out of that habit in time for winter!

Posted

Rain before 7 fine before 11.

Not from an easterly.

Well the wettest November day on record without checking which I will check but bets on it is 60mm and still raining.

Also had a slight dusting of wet snow for a time,the mountains may have about 1 foot,the berwyns,can`t see much foggy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Ghastly wet day - heavy or moderate rain all day till around 3 pm. Rain gauge has overflowed. Forgot to empty it after Angus but we've had a very high total here on the Malverns.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty and fresh

Today has been my worst  weather type nightmare, Vile all day. Can't stand this muck.

My own personal version of S.A.D 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, Summer of 95 said:

Absolutely vile, been raining nonstop since before 7am. It also forgot to actually get light today.

Yesterday evening there was a frost forming. It seems that in the last 3 years, any precipitation raises the temperature, even with cold air in place to start it can't turn to (or stay as) snow. Only November so let's hope it gets out of that habit in time for winter!

that's surely a sign of TMW, yes only November, in a way average autumn weather, but still makes me think 18 years ago and earlier, peaks would have had a dumping out of this, Buxton would be cut off, but everywhere is just that bit warmer now

Posted

25mm of rain here so far, Good job i live at elevation as lots of floods all round.

Temp 4.3c

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Over the weekend and today we've all had a proper good soaking.

It's been largely dry now for so long that it's been a shock to the system.

But to be honest it's only what we expect for November.

Next.... drying up as HP builds with a greater risks of FOG :D

Posted

River in glossop highest its ever been recorded according to environment agency severe flooding feel so sorry for people and their properties and businesses.... devastating....all i can hear in town are sirens....

• Like 1