Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uncontrolled Scrolling after People have Posted Excerpts from Twitter.

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France

It appears that whenever people, these days post an excerpt from Twitter the page goes into an uncontrollable scroll mode making it difficult to read, quote and post further.

It is happening on my desk top and my lap top so I do not think it is my computers - the only other thing I can think of is that I am currently in France and using Orange.fr as an ISP.

Is anybody else getting a similar problem, or have any ideas as to how this can be prevented?

Posted
21 minutes ago, mike Meehan said:

It appears that whenever people, these days post an excerpt from Twitter the page goes into an uncontrollable scroll mode making it difficult to read, quote and post further.

It is happening on my desk top and my lap top so I do not think it is my computers - the only other thing I can think of is that I am currently in France and using Orange.fr as an ISP.

Is anybody else getting a similar problem, or have any ideas as to how this can be prevented?

Hi Mike,

Saw some reports from other UK posters of this happening. Firefox on desktop is fine for me but can no longer control any pages that contain embedded tweets on my android Samsung phone.

• Like 1

Posted

We've already got a couple of threads open for this, so not really needing a new one. It's some sort of bug in the software, which appears to affect some internet explorer versions / installs and some stock android browsers too. Only thing I can advise is to use a different browser for now, chrome/firefox etc all work fine. 

I know it's not ideal, but until Invision sort it, my hands are tied, sorry.

• Like 2