Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Italian Alps Live Weather and Italy Weather Curiosity

Posted

Hello,

New in this forum.., first message.. good day to all.

I will try to keep a little topic, about live weather in my area and try to update with the most important weather related news and curiosity from the Italian Boot.

Share my passion for the weather end practice English.. ( it'll work ...!!!) 

POPLEX.2016226.aqua.2km.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Cloudy today, +13,1 now , your still very high 88% , after many days of drizzling , actually waiting for the typical katabatic winds from the mountains, that will turn this humid in more healthy dry air soon.

Different situation for central south Italy where is expected heavy rains in the next days.., after very warms days with location close to +28° +30° C that is very unusual in this time of the year.

MSLP-24hPrec48_d01.png

• Like 2

Posted

No directly weather related but a earthquake in central Italy few minutes ago.. 5,4 magnitude

Not so strong.. lucky, but ours houses and historic building and villages often are very old.. There are news of some building partial collapse. 

Roma gets the shake too, less power but some local little damage are reported.

Problem is now it's raining in the main area of the quake and of course no electricity available there.

I'll keep update.

Cattura di schermata (64).png

Posted

New strong earthquake right now 5,9 in the same area...

Most of people just left their home after the first strong quake of 2 hours ago so we hope in no victims,but many crash of buildings now..  this last quake was strong.. people report they feel it from Napoli,  till Venice region. I m lucky.. do not feel it i'm so far away.

Quake waves , stars are the strongest.

94b720f57baad972d23743a03f36b066.jpg

Posted

Impressive live video of the collapse of the Church of San Salvatore, just damaged in 24 august 2016, partly crash today at 19:00 and now video of 21:19

Edited by Villaggio Alpino

Posted

Hello,

partly cloudy today.. much better condition with some sun, +16,5°C actually...

Sunny also over the earthquake area..., it will help for sure. Still be many shakes , over 100 between 2 - 3,5 magnitude, just a few over 4,5 magnitude.

Saturday 29 will open the ski season for the highest ski center in my area, Cervinia under the Monte Rosa ( Pink Mountain). Just some of the resort will open for now.., especially 3 ares of this location... All the ski resort usually open ,if snow and cold will help, 8 December;  sometimes 1 or 2 weeks before if is a lucky early snowing season..

Plateau Rosà 3488 meters (actually all year is possible practice ski in this area )

CEWC_AREA_PLATEAUROSA_640_480.jpg

Cime Bianche 2982 meters

CEWC_AREA_CIMEBIANCHELAGHI.jpg

Plan Maison 2561 meters

CEWC_AREA_PLANMAISON.jpg

Anyway also there still be a warm day...

Cattura di schermata (66).png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Keep up the updated news, interesting reading, good to read about Italy.
:)

• Like 2

Posted

Finally sunny here today... +9,4°C clear sky... still warm days ..will see soon the October average final sentence !!

So today first day for new winter ski season at Cervinia, +2,4°C at 3480 meters.. not bad... looks a busy skilift there, this local area international, half Italian half Switzerland 

Cattura di schermata (68).png

Seeing at South Italy, Calabria region especially, looks like the heavy rains are now over... local areas gets around 300 mm in 3 days with local over 100 mm in 24h, some landslide and little flooding were reported yesterday.

b95cfc143fe1222c846f2a6a2b77cc17.jpg 45178_1_1.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Is there a reason why Central Italy has had several ongoing earthquakes in the last couple of months.

Posted
33 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

Is there a reason why Central Italy has had several ongoing earthquakes in the last couple of months.

The last months earthquakes are all related.. yes.. but these areas are a permanent active hot spot and we dont images.jpeghave any specific notion about how those shakes will 'work'..

it is sure that the land is sinking in one side.. about 50 cm down for each strong shake

images-1.jpeg

Posted

Sunny today, +14,6°C now

Clear sky brings the first thermal inversion in the plans of the west, in my area the lowest station signed +2,3°C

October is closing in the average for temperature :  +0,1 over the centennial average 

-0,4 under the G.W since 2000 average

October very dry, only 76 mm precipitations here:   Missing 158 mm for be in average.

With the first Thermal Inversion ..., welcome back fog in the plains... just a little area for now... 

Good day all..

Cattura di schermata (71).png

Posted

+10.7°C this evening ,

the fog cover now most of the Italian north plains, also at my house is a little foggy now, but many city of the main lowest plains gets a all day foggy since Sunday.

A local webcam at 1500 meters with a plains view hot a pic of the fog sea in the sunset...

Good evening..

crono17.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Thank you for this thread, I love Italy and have skied in Cervinia and Bormio a fair few few times (before the Euro was common currency) and have visited many times since.

The earthquakes are a shattering blow to the Central district, there are 3 separate fault lines in the area, the first quake has triggered the second two on the different fault lines. - the last one at a deeper level as far as I know.

As far as improving your English goes, it is very understandable - far better than my limited Italian, I would be happy to PM you suggested  improvements to your comments if you wished.?

• Like 1

Posted
48 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Thank you for this thread, I love Italy and have skied in Cervinia and Bormio a fair few few times (before the Euro was common currency) and have visited many times since.

The earthquakes are a shattering blow to the Central district, there are 3 separate fault lines in the area, the first quake has triggered the second two on the different fault lines. - the last one at a deeper level as far as I know.

As far as improving your English goes, it is very understandable - far better than my limited Italian, I would be happy to PM you suggested  improvements to your comments if you wished.?

Thanks Matty40s ,

hope you had a great time here in Italy, and for sure you had chosen 2 great location for your white week... ehehhe,

Well, any suggest ..especially for terrific grammar mistakes, is very welcome, I do not want to still your time ,but feel free to correct please :D

By the way... +10,0°C and less foggy now at my home,

In the update of the sat view ,enlarge of the  fog cover ... and looks clear how the fog insinuate deep in the low valley of  the Appennini mountains and also in the Switzerland side of Alps

AERONET_Ispra.2016305.terra.1km (2).jpg

Posted

White sky today +12,3 the fog goes back in the plains for now..

Heartquake situation in central Italy still be heavy.

This morning 4,8 .. , but how you can see down here, every 3-4 minutes the area gets a shake between 2-3,5 magnitude. 

Good day all

Screenshot_2016-11-01-13-41-53.png

Posted

Good day all.. nice sunny today +16,3

Chilly morning with clear sky. Low temperatures around +2 C in the plain.

TERMA188.png

Just had to update about earthquake, a 4,8 magnitude shake the night again..many ..many..many under 3

It ll be a long way for get out from this situation.. and the season is becaming worse for that area where villages are between 600 meters an 1200 meters altutude.

good afternoon all bye

Posted

Hello,

today cloudy with short raining episode, +11,3°C now.

The weekend will be raining here, not so much in true, but most of the mountains over 1500-1800 meters will get some snow.

prec_84h_084.pngsnow_depth_84h_084.png

More remarkable is the prediction about the temperature for next week, looks like we will have a taste of winter.