Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Davis Vantage Vue Setup

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, High Winds.

Hello!

My Davis Vantage Vue has been at a height of 6 meters for over 5 years and I am looking to either change the height of the unit or replace it with a Davis Vantage Pro 2 in the near future. My main issues with the current setup is the inaccurate rainfall readings during high winds and sometimes inaccurate temperature readings especially when it's frosty. I want to change this setup at some point but wondering whether I should change the setup with the Davis Vantage Vue or just replace it with a Davis Vantage Pro 2?

What do you guys think?

Cheers,

William

Edited by Grimers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

I'm in the same position as you currently Will but I have mine placed at 4ft above the ground for accurate temp/rainfall readings, of course then my wind recordings are not even worth looking at.

I think my plan is to do what Reef posted a while back, and to buy a separate VP2 anemometer along with a transmitter for the Vue console to pick up on, there having my Vue ISS at 4ft above the ground and anemometer at 10m or so which is where you get the most accurate readings. This will probably set you back £200-300 though and obviously if you can afford it, it may be easier upgrading to the VP2.

• Like 1

Posted

Thanks for your advice, vizzy2004.

I have thought about that option, but it might look quite strange. I think it may be best asking nicely for a Davis Vantage Pro 2 for Christmas and just putting up with the current setup for now. I may drop the unit to 2 meters before then, will just have to see.

Thanks!

Edited by Grimers

Posted

The unit has been dropped to 2 meters and the data was reset at 08:24.

Edited by Grimers
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow; Blizzards; Lightning; Cumulonimbus clouds; High pressure.

Hey Will, just wondering if you've had any joy with the Wx station, or whether you got a new / better station for Christmas?