Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hurricane Matthew

Posted

After reading the very interesting report on the main page it mentions at the end that Matthew may even swing right round and head over the Bahamas again which is mind blowing for me, has amy hurricane done this before?. How is it that the storm won't increase in strength again when it swings round, is it to do with wind shear? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Missed Miami so all eyes further north now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
28 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Missed Miami so all eyes further north now.

Yep looked at the webcam at I think it was coconut grove harbour.. Wondered why all the boats were all in tact as they were last night bet there are a few sighs of relief this morn in Miami. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Matthew just downgraded to Cat 3 storm now.

Posted

Might not make landfall,  closest it may get is Cape Canaverel. However as this storm has had a history of remaining slightly left of forecast it might well still do so.

Posted

Still early in the day but it looks like they've managed to dodge a pretty major bullet, the last minute weakening to CAT 3 definitely helped along with the slight shift in the inner eyewall east.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
26 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Currently at Port Canveral http://www.portcanaveralwebcam.com/

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1ypKdoqLzALxW

Storm chaser on live stream in Cape Canaveral

EDIT: Hi Snow Queen! Nicole is retreating SE so if there was any 'attraction' between the storms ( holding Matthew further East?)  that is now ending? I know further south has done better but it might just mean the north fares worse ( South Carolina back into the firing line?)

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Jim Cantore currently heading up the Weather Channel's live coverage of Matthew from Fort Pierce.... https://weather.com/tv/the-weather-channel-live/video/watch-the-weather-channel-live?pl=pl-matthew-florida-impact ......(You'll need to use a VPN to watch this as it's country locked)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

If i was Jeff i would defo think about moving from that 

He just did haha

Edited by Boro Snow

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Fortunately for eastern Florida the strongest winds are on the eastern flank of eye wall well out at sea, land interactions lessening winds inland over eastern Florida. Still risk of hurricane force winds for Florida's space coast though.

Matthew wind field 0950 071016.PNG

Love this twitter comment

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 2

Posted

Latest update (5a.m. EDT) gives a 3mb drop in central pressure since 3 a.m. ( EDT) so strengthening again? Maybe the eyewall is having another squeeze?

Posted

Eye wall just a few miles off the Florida coast now, gust of 100mph recorded USAF tower near Cape Canaveral - risk of 115mph+ gusts along Florida's Space Coast over next few hours.

Edited by Nick F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Sheesh.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37584987

I suppose all the dead and displaced in Haiti are part of the conspiracy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
18 minutes ago, Yarmy said:

Sheesh.

I wish they'd leave weather out of politics. And vice versa. All the media does is lie - no news, just opinions. I remember when Sandy hit NJ. Their 'expert' on hurricanes was an anthropologist LOL.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Iceni said:

I wish they'd leave weather out of politics. And vice versa. All the media does is lie - not news, just opinions. I remember when Sandy hit NJ. Their 'expert' on hurricanes was an anthropologist LOL.

Looks like the weather gods have spared the democrats of Miami:

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2016/Pres/Maps/Oct07.html#item-8

Hurricane Matthew is bearing down on Florida's east coast. That is where most of the Democrats in the Not-So-Much-Sunshine-Right-Now State

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
7 minutes ago, alr1970 said:

Looks like the weather gods have spared the democrats of Miami:

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2016/Pres/Maps/Oct07.html#item-8

Hurricane Matthew is bearing down on Florida's east coast. That is where most of the Democrats in the Not-So-Much-Sunshine-Right-Now State

#Harambe.

watching over us all. 

The Haitians ought to bill the Clinton Foundation and see if they get lucky this time. 

Worried about my friend on Cumberland Island, tried emailing her but no reply. Perhaps she's boarded up and split, but then she'd be able to email back. So it means she's sitting tight. Brave. 

Edited by Iceni

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Yarmy said:

Sheesh.

This type of thing makes me so angry, if the hurricane doesn't do as much damage as thought that's a good thing. Mean while if it does at least people who listened are out of harms way. Those that didn't have no one to blame but themselves.

Posted
5 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

This type of thing makes me so angry, if the hurricane doesn't do as much damage as thought that's a good thing. Mean while if it does at least people who listened are out of harms way. Those that didn't have no one to blame but themselves.

Remember they are 'climate Change Deniers' so do not do well with listening to the facts esp. if they do not reinforce their own views? remember we have Senators from florida taking snowballs into the senate as a proof the globe isn't warming???

Anyhoo's , I do think we are having a 'lucky non landfall' up to now. The stretch of coast from Miami to Canaveral appear to have escaped the worse with the 125mph winds staying less than 10 miles from the coast but not coming in any closer.

Daytona and Jacksonville might not be as lucky?

Posted

Well this morning where I am look like a winter day with a autumn storm.  Nothing very bad at all.  But power outages where I was and lads of rain there too. So not too bad for me.  Sorry I could not send pics.  There's nothing to look at thank God. 

• Like 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, Snow Queen one said:

Well this morning where I am look like a winter day with a autumn storm.  Nothing very bad at all.  But power outages where I was and lads of rain there too. So not too bad for me.  Sorry I could not send pics.  There's nothing to look at thank God. 

Glad you in one piece, hoping normality returns begins soon..