Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hurricane Matthew

Posted
2 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

there are an awful lot of boats still moored out in the harbour? With a guaranteed warning I would have thought these would have been brought in and tied down. No guaranteed those moorings will hold and the boats will drag them in those expected 140mph winds. Is there time still to move them? Or do you think there is a slight "insurance" expectation here?

I expect a lot of them belong to people that are out of town. The sort who live up North and pop into town for a few days at a time. Unless they've paid someone to move them, they're staying put. By Saturday most will be matchsticks.

Posted

Storm surge predicted in the region of 6 to 12 feet,  but for some parts of NE Florida and SE Georgia and SE South Caroline this could be continous for 72 hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

I have lost the East coast webcams - probably sold to the highest paying TV network for 48 hours!!!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Snow Queen one said:

Will be much later on tonight before this starts to effect me.  You lot in uk will be in bed.

Ha ha, have you never heard of an all nighter!! - a good storm chasing session in the Denver area usually results in a 3am crashout.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold weather. Storms are pretty good too.
4 minutes ago, Snow Queen one said:

Will be much later on tonight before this starts to effect me.  You lot in uk will be in bed.

Please keep writing about it Snow Queen as I will catch up tomorrow.

Some nice rollers coming in on the webcams

http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/plan-your-trip/see-miami-webcams#webcams

Edited by coldfingers1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
7 minutes ago, Snow Queen one said:

Still quite calm here.  Most people here have moved from hurricane warning areas.  This hotel is full as they take pets.  Loads of dogs here

Glad to hear that! )Over on Jeff Masters blog there are lots of folk concerned at the number of folk planning to 'ride it out'??? Some even in mobile homes!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
1 minute ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Glad to hear that! )Over on Jeff Masters blog there are lots of folk concerned at the number of folk planning to 'ride it out'??? Some even in mobile homes!!!

I cannot remember which Hurricane or year it was but I remember watching one roll in and whilst some people were fleeing others were heading to the surf with their surfboards!  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
30 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Great coverage on Fox if you have it

Aye good old shep lol getting quite emotional there 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The plains have got severe t-storm warnings and tornado watches out, turning in to a bit of a meteo-frenzy over there today. :s

Posted
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

Matthew remains a Cat 4 hurricane as he moves towards Flordia

Florida breathes a sigh of relief....:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

I'm not taking anything for granted! there is the second eye wall visible on Radar that has me concerned that we're just about to see the completion of an eye wall replacement which could then allow further intensification as the outer eye wall collapses in to occupy the position of the 'inner eye'? There has also been some trochy wobbles from the inner eye giving an impression of a jog NE but the body of the storm kept NW......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow. snow and more snow
22 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Nicole isn't forecast to make landfall

CuG_yQ5WAAAqtu1.jpg

Am I right in thinking that nicole is playing a part in maybe causing mathew to hit florida a second time, or miss understanding something?

Posted

Not sure if an ewrc has taken place, I think the eye was just disrupted following some interaction with the Bahamas. 

It seems to have cleared out now with the colder cloud tops wrapping back around the eye... as we can see from this stunning image of Matthew...

vis0-4.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
1 hour ago, alr1970 said:

I expect a lot of them belong to people that are out of town. The sort who live up North and pop into town for a few days at a time. Unless they've paid someone to move them, they're staying put. By Saturday most will be matchsticks.

Right yes good point.. Yes matchsticks or new land / street sculptures ... :(