Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hurricane Matthew

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
9 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

How long til he makes landfall in Florida?And,yes, stay safe Snow,Queen

Another ~24 hours.

5 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Ahh  sorry  i think East coast of Florida    Storm King??

Andrew and Frances were category 5 and 4 respectively so those are what we are vying for.

Probably the first to hit in October in decades though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny
39 minutes ago, Snow Queen one said:

I am just 30 miles from that pin marker.  Just about to leave area

I hope you left straight after you posted. Take care. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

http://tunein.com/radio/969FM-GuardianRadio-s170242/

Live radio show from Nassau. signal is awful with cracking, but you can hear the wind in the studio! 

Lots of folks calling in, and bad news being reported (roofs being blown off etc

Interesting listen. 

• Like 2

Posted

Recon having a good poke inside the eye ATM. 937mb looks to be the official level from this run. I have to say on radar the eye wall looks fantastic with a ring of deep convection on the inner edge feeding the murky eye. 

Add: 936.3mb has just been found but with winds still so could be a touch lower

Edited by Iceberg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
6 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Area  were currently  highest winds are expected 145mph plus.

storm.jpg

Bye bye Coconuts at Cocoa Beach (on the barrier islands south of Cape Canaveral)? Many a beer I consumed there on weekend trips when I was living in Orlando.

Posted

Data for the NOAA weather station (Station SPGF1 - Settlement Point) at western tip of Grand Bahama can be found here

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=SPGF1

Includes graphs of recent observations.  Looks to be the nearest observation point to the path of Matthew before hitting florida.

Edited by swebby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just thought I'd share this with everyone....If you're interested in watching live 24/7 coverage of Matthew courtesy of WeatherNation and the Weather Channel then download yourself a copy of mozilla firefox, and go to the following link and follow the instructions......Also available as an 'addon' for Kodi/Xbmc  media app

http://ccloudtv.org/

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Not only the 145mph winds, but potential for tornadoes on the outer bands too as it nears to Florida? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Yeah and follow Brett Adair on facebook he's currently in the Bahamas and and reporting for weather nation and Michael Phelps (storms cape live) is currently in Florida

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Not sure i have seen this anywhere on here, but i stumbled across this youtube channel "Force Thirteen" who are doing rolling coverage of the Hurricane. Seems to be led by a English bloke but also auzzies yanks and others. Dont know much about it, but its pretty interesting viewing to keep up to date.  

• Like 3

Posted

I've been watching Force Thirteen for the past couple of days, linked it on here sometime around Tues, a good real-time information source and consensus discussion.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, weirpig said:

Lol   October  Landfall  Eastside of Florida  since Hurricane King.    ill get there in the end 

First Cat 4 hurricane to make landfall on Florida's east coast since King in 1950. Landfalls of that intensity are quite rare full stop.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Skullzrulerz said:

When It Is Due To Make Landfall Around Miami?

First close approach will be from 6am tomorrow (our time). 

12 minutes ago, Love Snow said:

Will this be a cat 5 ?

Possibly, it's back over clear water now. 

NHC went for a blend of sat and readings.

940mb, 140mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

According to force thirteen cat 5 unlikely, which is good news for Florida

Posted
2 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

According to force thirteen cat 5 unlikely, which is good news for Florida

It would basically have to keep up the same rate of intensification that we have seen over the past 12 hours right to the coast. Does seem a stretch but even on the border that's a catastrophic hit for anybody in the eyewall. All those beach huts ect.. are probably going to get blown apart. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Matty still has the warmth ( and depth) of the gulf Stream to pass over yet so a Cat 5 prior to landfall is a possibility? No matter when the last major to hit Florida was I cannot find another storm with the potential to leave such a vast trial of damage? Normally you have 40 miles either side of the eye sustaining damage but Matty will drag one side of that 40 miles right up the Floridian coast line. With some towns doubling in size since 05' ( new retirement complexes/homes) there is a massive potential for catastrophic damage from Miami north to Georgia.

I'm sure you are but i'd also wish snow queen well on her travels!!!

Posted
1 minute ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Matty still has the warmth ( and depth) of the gulf Stream to pass over yet so a Cat 5 prior to landfall is a possibility? No matter when the last major to hit Florida was I cannot find another storm with the potential to leave such a vast trial of damage? Normally you have 40 miles either side of the eye sustaining damage but Matty will drag one side of that 40 miles right up the Floridian coast line. With some towns doubling in size since 05' ( new retirement complexes/homes) there is a massive potential for catastrophic damage from Miami north to Georgia.

I'm sure you are but i'd also wish snow queen well on her travels!!!

In the same way that whenever there's an eruption we lament people for living next to a volcano, tomorrow we may well see why living on the Florida coast is potentially idiotic. 

• Like 1