Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SHOCK NEWS - The Freezing Winter Headlines Are Earlier This Year

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Brought to you by Waldorf and Stadler...otherwise known as Madden and Rao. Soon as I saw the words Daily Express I stopped reading. Sadly the gullible and outright lazy stupid ignoramuses who make up half of the British public will swallow this garbage story and blame the met office should we have another mild winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I think it should of been just ignored, they write the garbage and then it's all over the internet be it believed or not, gives the express free publicity and those writers the five minutes of fame they are after. The more people comment about it the more they will write it.

I honestly think the good work people do here for example is better than that. 

• Like 1

Posted
46 minutes ago, Dami said:

I think it should of been just ignored, they write the garbage and then it's all over the internet be it believed or not, gives the express free publicity and those writers the five minutes of fame they are after. The more people comment about it the more they will write it.

I honestly think the good work people do here for example is better than that. 

Yep agree. They say it so many times that one time they will get it right. Fergie on Twitter has said today some models look interesting for the winter period but too early to make a call. Best just to wait and see 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!
1 hour ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

Sadly the gullible and outright lazy stupid ignoramuses who make up half of the British public will swallow this garbage story and blame the met office should we have another mild winter.

Do you really think that anyone takes them seriously? Nobody I know does, we all have a laugh about them!

Posted

Lots of people do believe them - we get lots of questions either through email, phone or social media when stories like this run, which is one of the reasons it's sometimes worth responding with blogs etc. 

Posted
27 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Yep agree. They say it so many times that one time they will get it right. Fergie on Twitter has said today some models look interesting for the winter period but too early to make a call. Best just to wait and see 

Well if Fergie's saying they look interesting at least that's a crumb of comfort for cold Winter fans, been as he's no sensationalist and always calls things as he sees them. (Note I know he hasn't called anything).

Posted
12 minutes ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

Well if Fergie's saying they look interesting at least that's a crumb of comfort for cold Winter fans, been as he's no sensationalist and always calls things as he sees them. (Note I know he hasn't called anything).

Whilst some seasonal modelling looks 'interesting', it's still v early days.

quote from Ian on Twitter 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Well the sea gulls went south earlier than usual this year so who knows. However, I really think they shouldn't print silly stories like this.

Posted

The last few years have certainly been interesting in winter terms for the Scottish hills. As  the blog post notes winter 2013/14 was the 5th warmest in a 100 years and the stormiest on record. That winter was milder than the very poor 2012 Scottish Ski Season, yet brought the most snow in living memory to the Western and Central Highland mountains. So I'd not say no to winter 2010, or early winter 2010/11 repeat, but we've seen both some of the coldest and mildest winters deliver huge snowfalls to the Scottish Mountains! Personally I'd rather take a huge snow year in the mountains over low level snow than get some good snow events at sea level for a mediocre winter in the mountains.

On that note, I'll put on my hard hat and dive for cover! :cold: 

Edited by skifreak
  • Like 2

Posted

I can certainly see your point of view Paul, it must get quite frustrating to have to keep telling people how wrong these forecasts are and not to worry. As much as I feel it puts the real professionals down, it's also important to make people aware too. 

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

This morning on one of the Dublin radio stations,the supposed cold winter ahead got a mention by the radio presenters,4 months of snow etc lol. Not that they were taking it too seriously but they did talk briefly about it all the same.:nonono:

Posted

I bet the retail trade are having a field day with these forecasts with all the coats and boots they will be selling. When you find a shop selling them please let me know Can't even find a nice thick jumper at the moment.:cold:I don't  think the clothes shops believe it's winter on the way.

Edited by Dami

Posted
18 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Great. I complain but it seems to make sod all difference at the moment. 

Old farts writing emails will be ignored ... old farts ceasing to buy the paper may raise an eyebrow ... eejits clicking on links in forums and social media will offset any revenue decline.

• Like 1