Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have you put your heating on yet ?

stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
16 minutes ago, markyo said:

Be a bit pointless having the heating on,back door open,all windows open,loving the cool breeze. Unless your a pensioner or have a medical problem i can't see any reason for any heating at all in my location,way to mild still.

During the day, yes - but the mornings are increasingly chilly. Please remember that everyone feels things differently - that's what I have been told constantly whenever I've implied that people must be overweight for finding 25C 'hot'. 

Seems like we're entering the period of year where the big sissies who can't handle heat now lecture the heat lovers that they're sissies for finding it too cold.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
3 minutes ago, cheese said:

During the day, yes - but the mornings are increasingly chilly. Please remember that everyone feels things differently - that's what I have been told constantly whenever I've implied that people must be overweight for finding 25C 'hot'.

I'm well over weight i find 6c hot :sorry:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Yesterday's Temp's here we're barely in double figure's, so my heating did kick in a couple of times ( themostat thing ) but today, no way! Weather's been great.....Tonight will be a chilly one for central/eastern areas, so we'll see.

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
30 minutes ago, cheese said:

Seems like we're entering the period of year where the big sissies who can't handle heat now lecture the heat lovers that they're sissies for finding it too cold.

Well then it's that time of year then,the big sissies who can't handle the heat don't understand how the big sissies who can't handle the slight chill can moan!. :DBut you have very rightly said and i fully agree with,everybody feels weather differently,we should all take that into mind through out the year in my opinion.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, cheese said:

sometimes 25° can feel hot, depending on what you're doing/humidity etc, and I'm 122 lbs, 25° generally good temp, 30° gets too much

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
4 hours ago, stewfox said:

I'm well over weight i find 6c hot :sorry:

You made me chuckle stewfox. :D

Posted

well i dont put the heating on until the kids have lost all of their fingers and toes to frostbite. i might let them sit in the fridge to warm up occasionally. i've removed all the doors and windows to let the breeze /blizzard in (its nice to have some air) in fact, if it wasnt for the kids i wouldnt allow the heating until it reached 0° kelvin. oh and i wear only speedos all year. unless it gets over 30°c, then i take them off. my furniture is all made of ice and....

actually the heating's on now. its nippy tonight and there could be a frost here apparently....

Posted

Had heating on a couple of times for a few minutes to take chill off early morning to keep the good lady wife happy. I am usually wandering round the garden in my dressing gown armed with secateurs and a cup of tea. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.

Slightly off topic but lots of comments about people getting hot too easily. I am not pointing any fingers but excessive alcohol consumption tends to increase sweating, which tends to make you feel more uncomfortable and perceive it to be hotter than it really is. In some cases the answer could be as simple as cutting back on the booze.

Back firmly on topic and yes, the heating has come on briefly first thing in the morning to take the edge off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Small fires in the woodburner now , just to take the chill off the room.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

No heating turned on for us yet - though Monday morning was very close to freezing! I actually enjoy the cool air as I get hot fairly easily. I find that when both day and night are cold it's more needed, but with days still in the mid to upper teens here I'm getting away with it for now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I gave in when I got in from work this morning and clicked my radiator on. More because I was cold from being outside rather than my room being cold.

Posted

Had mine on to test it for half an hour ready for winter (it hasn't been used since April!) and so I can bleed the radiators but even with the easterly wind we've had for days its still above 20C in here.