Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Camping in the UK and Europe

stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Have just bought my first decent tent and would like to go camping frequently with my OH and friends/family from Spring 2017 both here in the UK and in Europe. 

The tent is a Vango Capri 500XL, it gives a nice living space which is what I wanted and apparently only takes 15 minutes to pitch...we will see!

Does anyone have recommended or favourite camping products/brands and sites? Will probably start with somewhere in the New Forest next year but I'd love to hear about any other decent places that offer things to do in the local area. 

Used to camp many years ago when growing up and loved it, now I camp mainly at festivals and would like to make many more trips, either weekends or longer. Any advice/tips gratefully received.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters hot summers

Hi stainesbloke.

im a caravaner who has progressed from camping , been caravanning now for over 12 years.

Best advice i could give you is this:

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/ 

gives you all the best sites in your area or wherever you want to go and reviews , plus discussions on latest tents caravans and camping gear etc.

I have been a member of the site for years and found it good for picking out decent sites plus help and advice.

hope that helps mate.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters hot summers
On 9/9/2016 at 15:28, stainesbloke said:

Have just bought my first decent tent and would like to go camping frequently with my OH and friends/family from Spring 2017 both here in the UK and in Europe. 

The tent is a Vango Capri 500XL, it gives a nice living space which is what I wanted and apparently only takes 15 minutes to pitch...we will see!

Does anyone have recommended or favourite camping products/brands and sites? Will probably start with somewhere in the New Forest next year but I'd love to hear about any other decent places that offer things to do in the local area. 

Used to camp many years ago when growing up and loved it, now I camp mainly at festivals and would like to make many more trips, either weekends or longer. Any advice/tips gratefully received.

p.s recommend the french sites when going abroad .

http://www.camping-leragis.com/en/ 

this one here is a gem , went there a few years back near the town of challans in western france.

best of luck with the camping!

• Like 1