Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 02/09/16 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Can see it to the south but its left turn towards Wales is just typical haha. Sun still poking through holes in the cloud here in north Bristol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow & Thunderstorms

Brightening up slightly here now, rumbles in the distance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Would normally be in Weston-super-Mare, but am currently in Clevedon this week.

Plenty of loud rumbles and the rain is currently just starting now -- ooo a good flash and a cracking rumble. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sun blue skies no humidity or storms

i am on the south coast right by the north western corner of the isle of wight, watching radar closely, hoping not to get anything here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

For us Bristolians that gap is certainly still there. Think I have heard a couple of distant rumbles from Cardiff.

Takes the biscuit - not quite sure where that lot near Weymouth is heading - probably to our East.

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
3 minutes ago, Michelle Daisy Cantillon said:

i am on the south coast right by the north western corner of the isle of wight, watching radar closely, hoping not to get anything here

Don't worry I think you'll be able to see it in the distance but it will be too far west of you for any thunder or lightning.

clear skies today should mean you get a chance of some good views of the thunderhead in the distance tho.

i'm stuck in east London so my only hope is some late night horizon flashes and possibly anvil crawlers if it gets that far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Getting continuous alarms from my Blitzortung-live app  getting closer every time is so much fun. I love this time of  anticipation. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Spots of rain, and the sun's coming back out haha. So close yet so far. The mother can report thunder and heavier rain in Yatton.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Don't worry I think you'll be able to see it in the distance but it will be too far west of you for any thunder or lightning.

clear skies today should mean you get a chance of some good views of the thunderhead in the distance tho.

i'm stuck in east London so my only hope is some late night horizon flashes and possibly anvil crawlers if it gets that far.

supposed to be a clear night, some risk tomorrow and thurs around south and south west, not sure about se i can see it getting darker out to south and west, so far it seems they are moving, they were heading right for me then changed slightly to north west direction, hoping it stays well away from here. forecast shows a lot of energy out there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Dark to my south west. Can hear occasional rumbles. 

image.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells

Hey all. Currently near cirencester - im hoping that second batch further east tracks up across us - winds are easterly pulling higher temps and dps from the unaffected east across this area at the mo - interested to see if these go surface based as the day wears on. Good luck all! Samos

Posted
3 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Dark to my south west. Can hear occasional rumbles. 

image.jpeg

are you watching radar? storm probably going to hit Poole area, thought i heard a rumble but its probably not, got the glass collection going around nearby here so its probably that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
Just now, Michellelovescats said:

are you watching radar? storm probably going to hit Poole area, thought i heard a rumble but its probably not, got the glass collection going around nearby here so its probably that

Yes noticed it looks like just missing us. Can hear louder and more frequent rumbles now though so maybe you can hear it.