Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 02/09/16 onwards

1 minute ago, Karl83 said:

Bristol Lulsgate TAF temporary forcecast mentions Thunderstorms

Forecast period:0900 to 1900 UTC 13 September 2016

Forecast type:TEMPORARY: The following changes expected for less than half the time period

Winds:variable direction winds at 17 MPH (15 knots; 7.8 m/s)
gusting to 29 MPH (25 knots; 13.0 m/s)

Visibility:1.86 miles (2.99 km)

Ceiling:4500 feet AGL

Clouds:broken clouds at 4500 feet AGL

Weather:+TSRA +TSGR  (heavy rain associated with thunderstorm(s) could not decipher "+TSGR")

Text:TEMPO 1309/1319 VRB15G25KT 3000 +TSRAGR BKN045CB

TSGR is thunderstorm with hail

• Like 1
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My piece de resistance: (drumroll please...)  

I've just been going through my phones photos from yesterday. Apart from the two oversized bras on next door's washing, this popped up: Finally got one!!

From what I understand, the current isolated storm cells have developed on a convergence wave tied into the circulation of the depression in Biscay. This "wave" will rotate and traverse slo

Posted Images

Can see the cloud gathering to the south already. I'm guessing something getting here or moving by just to the west by lunchtime. The cell immediately south of Bristol seems to be widening.

Plenty of distant rumbles and one or two closer ones in the Kingsbridge area so far this morning. But I would be lying if I said it was anything special, the main activity has passed by mainly to the south and east. Skies actually clearing to be honest!

Reading all of the forecasts, I'm a bit confused as to what is expected later on today. Are we expecting a second wave later on this afternoon/evening, or has the main risk now passed further north?

Interesting watching for us on the ENG/WAL boarders today, if this keeps on its current alignment.

About to get to Cardiff the head of the storms, while a secondary batch is yet to make landfall but if it keeps together has Bristol in its sights. 

Be nice if trundles all the way up and through the uk today... a lot of people would see at least some action then. 

2 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Very quite annoying being in Sixth Form right now and having no view to my South or West!

Make an excuse for having a wee wander round the sports field? That's what I always did, when I was in Sixth Form...1973!:D

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Make an excuse for having a wee wander round the sports field? That's what I always did, when I was in Sixth Form...1973!:D

I'd go for an explosive tummy bug event - no one will follow you into the "bog" and you can then go home and cloudspot for hours! Mis-spent teenage years coming out here...

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Looks like batch 1 is already beginning to turn left the closer it gets to Bristol haha. Batch 2 however, slightly further east, might just hit us.

Shame I can't get out and about today, because there's one thing with it's sights on Bristol and at the moment it's that gap between the two lines of storms.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Andrew_WSM said:

Wow, almost forgot what thunder sounded like!

Quite a lot of thunder & lightning here now :)

I'm in Nailsea, Weston looks like it right in the firing line

• Like 1